Buggy/glitched trophies

ShazzzPS

New mini-update 4.02 (minor fixes) and nothing new for me. This is not the 4.1 update they announced on the discord server.

Close to 2K balls caught and 1900 KO assists. Also, I think 100 dailies are also buggy for me, I started the game over one month ago now.

Fun, fun times... ?

• Like 1

Hey, just a clarification on something with 4.1.

4.1 is going to help with tracking accuracy, but will still need a bit of manual help to get everyone where they need to be. Basically, don't expect your trophies to pop the second 4.1 comes out, but we'll be running a script in the days following that to get everyone what they need to be. The way it will likely work is we'll set everyone to 1 under what the goal is. So you'll need to do one more daily contract, get one more assist, etc. to get the trophies to pop (assuming you've actually done more than the goal so far, of course).

• Like 3

11 hours ago, DangerSpice said:

Hey, just a clarification on something with 4.1.

4.1 is going to help with tracking accuracy, but will still need a bit of manual help to get everyone where they need to be. Basically, don't expect your trophies to pop the second 4.1 comes out, but we'll be running a script in the days following that to get everyone what they need to be. The way it will likely work is we'll set everyone to 1 under what the goal is. So you'll need to do one more daily contract, get one more assist, etc. to get the trophies to pop (assuming you've actually done more than the goal so far, of course).

Thank you for your answer, yeah I'm assuming I will pop all my missing trophies when 4.1 will be out. I'm still trusting you, guys.

I just read the explanations with communication servers problems (I have these a lot, and actually not paying attention to that anymore) and I understand better why there are problems.

This is a long read, so I'm puttin that in spoiler for any other player interested.

Spoiler

From game discord server sub forum #season3 post-mortem

Wait, Progression 2.0? What’s That?
Glad you asked! Progression 2.0 is our name for the back end systems that track progression through a variety of systems in Knockout City. The thing about progression systems is that they require the game to track all that progress, which is a lot of data to associate with the player. It has to be saved when the progress happens, and queried when it’s time to show the player new rewards, and retrieved when the game displays the XP bar, Street Rank, and Brawl Pass. Currently we’re storing all this data in a generalized database table that we use to store all kinds of player data.

The amount of data we store has exploded over the 6+ months KO City has been live (tons of data to store per player, times millions and millions of players has made our database grow to over 3.2 billion rows so far), and sometimes there’s a failure to send it from the server or retrieve it on the client. Just like how sometimes a web page fails to load and you need to hit refresh, sometimes this progression data fails to load.

What happens then? The game sometimes can’t tell whether it didn’t get the progression data or if it just doesn’t exist, and might then try to set new progression data. Consider the case for a contract that requires you to make ten KOs.
Game: How we doing on that contract?
Progression data: It’s 4/10, keep up the good work! Game: Got it, 4/10.
And we just made a KO, so now it’s 5/10!
Progression data: Got it, 5/10.

The next day…
Game: Good morning, how we doing on that contract?
Progression data: 5/10! Sending you that now…
Game: Hello? Contract update, please? I need it right away, a match is starting!
Progression data: Uh, I sent it? Did you get it? Hello?
Game: This match has started and I can’t wait any longer! I guess the player hasn’t made any progress. OK, 0/10 on that contract.
Progression data: …
Game: The player just made a KO. Update that progress to 1/10!
Progression data: OK! Setting progress to 1/10. And bam, we just accidentally reset your progress on that contract.

The core problem here is all the things that can go wrong when sending data over the Internet; sometimes there’s no data to send, sometimes it just takes a while, sometimes we can overwrite data we don’t realize we already have, and sometimes it can take so long that we don’t even know there was data to send, so we assume there is no data.
Furthermore, because that database table is used for all kinds of data, it doesn’t know anything specific about contracts… you know, like progression can only go up and not down. So it will happily change progress from 5/10 to 1/10 and not know there’s anything wrong.

Progression 2.0 fixes all of that by using specialized databases to store all the progression data. It lets us be smarter about how those updates might fail, and perform more checks. For example, we can detect when that request for the contract status failed, and not update it with bad data that breaks the rules of that contract. The new system also handles failures better, so if we know a contract was finished but you never got the right rewards, we’ll try again to grant them then next time you sign in. Additionally, if we have larger scale issues like the Season 3 League Play rewards again in the future, this system should simplify getting the data we need to repair it.

Progression 2.0 will make all of our progression systems more robust: Street Rank and its rewards, Brawl Pass and its rewards, contracts, crew contracts, League Play and its rewards (including top 1000 Leaderboard rewards). It will also bring improvements to achievement and trophy tracking, since these use a modified version of contracts on the back end, although there are additional updates we want to make here beyond Progression 2.0, so expect some improvements soon, and more coming later on this front. Progression 2.0 is not a player-facing feature, but it’s a big behind-the-scenes improvement for us, and it’ll fix a lot of minor issues that players have seen over the months. We’ve been working hard on this for months and we’re excited to roll it out early in 2022 with 4.1.

This won’t be the only thing coming in 4.1, as we also have a bunch of minor gameplay improvements we’ll be bringing as well, some of which we think you’ll really enjoy. As always, stay tuned to learn more!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So when is 4.1 hitting up the shelves, got any actual dates? Would like to finally get into it, but as long as there are glitched trophies, what's the point. (it's good to see there is a dev here and showing us things will get done at least).

This announcement/news is from 2 days ago from discord server, didn't saw it earlier because of work.

:basicball: Patch Update :basicball:

Hey everyone, we've been working hard to bring you the massive list of features and bug fixes that we've been hinting would come in a standalone 4.1 patch. After much consideration, we've decided the best course of action is to implement those changes in the upcoming 5.0 patch, which will come on March 1, with the start of Season 5. We know you've been excited about these changes, and we are too, so thank you for your patience as we work to make sure this update gets delivered smoothly. In the meantime, keep your eyes and ears to the ground. We've got some other major announcements and changes coming soon(tm)!

Summary, no 4.1, but wait for season five on March 1st.

On my side, because it's fun to endlessly suffer, I unlocked 1000 balls caught (Catch-o-matic) around 2790 on Jan 1st.

Still no news about Point Guard (1000 assists) while I'm over 3000 now. Not even worth mentioning dailies of crew contracts.

+180 hours, Gold level 77.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So to start things off, I am really enjoying this game and I am close to level 200 but the problem is that I am missing some trophies while I already met the requirements for them. The following trophies are glitched I think: 

250.000XP

1000 KO Assist

and I think that i also have completed 30crew contracts but im not sure.

All off these 3 trophies havent popped up in my collection. Hopefully a developer can help me with this or can tell me what my progress is.

PSN: StanN_HaVeRk0rT

KO City ID: Haverkort22

• 2 weeks later...

Maintenance for upgrading the game to season 5 has started! Game will be back in the next hours.

Will edit this message if I finally earned my cursed trophies, Point Guard (1000 assists) + crew contracts. I got Daily Doer a few days ago.

After I complained again on discord, Josh (also) again clarified the situation:

Hey, this was always meant to be a two-step process for addressing these issues.

Step 1 was getting our Progression 2.0 feature launched, which is a backend overhaul of how many progress systems were tracked. In the case of trophies, it made them a lot hardier, so they’re not resetting progress in the future.

Step 2 is manually setting progress for folks to what it should be. e.g. if you have 1200 assists, we’ll set your progress to 999/1000, so as soon as you get one more assist, it’ll unlock the trophy.

Step 1 is done (launched yesterday with 5.0!). We still need to do Step 2, which we plan to do very soon. Stay tuned!

Edited by FinalFan
Added explanation from Josh on discord

On 01/03/2022 at 1:01 PM, FinalFan said:

Maintenance for upgrading the game to season 5 has started! Game will be back in the next hours.

Will edit this message if I finally earned my cursed trophies, Point Guard (1000 assists) + crew contracts. I got Daily Doer a few days ago.

After I complained again on discord, Josh (also) again clarified the situation:

So if someone would start fresh, it should be good to go, correct? Step 2 seems to matter only for those already with stats.

Yeah, I think you're reading right, @Rejim.

Progression 2.0 is in the game and should prevent a lot more than before loss of data when servers are communicating / updating your contracts.

Also be warned the game has lots of new bugs (the team know about most of them and working to fix them) because of the start of the new season, like for example no daily reward when you're logging to the game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

:platinum: is finally mine! But nothing to do with newest update 5.02 from today, with minor bug fixes according to my PS4.

It took +4 months and +200 hours to get rid of this. Rank platinum 16 (level 416) with over 1000 matches played and over 500 victories (and some ugly disconnections/ragequits, I must be honest ?)

More numbers: Catch-o-matic (1000 balls caught) : reality: 2790. Point Guard (1000 KO asssits) : reality 3514. Started season 5 at 3380.

I honestly think the new 2.0 tracking system is more efficient, as me and friends managed to unlock a few trophies, that could confirm there are less loss of datas when servers are communicating.

Conclusion: trust yourself, not Velan. Good luck for those who are still waiting for something that may come ... one day?

I'll still keep an eye for this as I'm playing a lot for a friend on shareplay, he actually recently met the requirements for Catch-o-matic and Point Guard, he 's a bit over 1000 for both.

• Like 1

I don't even get the trophy for jumping in a trash shute...

Anyone got a clue how to fix that?

I started on PS5 but changed to PS4. I think that's the reason why it isn't working out for me.
Sucks cause it's not even a tracking problem...

• 2 months later...

I have been trying to get tag team victory for the ps4 version after I transferred my data from ps5. But it won’t pop. Everything else I didn’t have a problem with so it the last trophy I need. I have the person I’m playing with as a friend on knockout city so it’s shouldn’t be that and I’ve gotten over 30 wins with a friend and it still hasn’t popped. So I’m wonder if it has to do with the fact that I already did it on ps5.

On 16/03/2022 at 4:48 PM, FinalFan said:

:platinum: is finally mine! But nothing to do with newest update 5.02 from today, with minor bug fixes according to my PS4.

It took +4 months and +200 hours to get rid of this. Rank platinum 16 (level 416) with over 1000 matches played and over 500 victories (and some ugly disconnections/ragequits, I must be honest 1f624.png)

More numbers: Catch-o-matic (1000 balls caught) : reality: 2790. Point Guard (1000 KO asssits) : reality 3514. Started season 5 at 3380.

I honestly think the new 2.0 tracking system is more efficient, as me and friends managed to unlock a few trophies, that could confirm there are less loss of datas when servers are communicating.

Conclusion: trust yourself, not Velan. Good luck for those who are still waiting for something that may come ... one day?

I'll still keep an eye for this as I'm playing a lot for a friend on shareplay, he actually recently met the requirements for Catch-o-matic and Point Guard, he 's a bit over 1000 for both.

The devs are definitely working on trophies.

Last night I got the 1000 KO trophy and the ingame count was around 500.