Your gaming retirement plan

DaveMcDamage

Being semi retired from work now allows me time to game more. 
Currently, my favorite type of games are

Iris Fall or Contrast. Note one doesn’t have a plat. Still loved it. Wish there were more shadow games. I’ve played them even after all the trophies are done. That’s my gaming retirement plan. Find a list of games I enjoy and just keep playing them. 

Edited by kfree7
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I did have a breif moment of retirement from trophy hunting full time two years ago. I never fully quit gaming but I did massively slow down on the trophy front, I took the time to spend time on my relationship instead, we broke up so I had a year away from life itself pretty much before getting myself back into the game again. Trophy hunting for me is the one thing in my life I can truely be proud of. As such when the time comes that I do truely hang up the pad and retire Ive purposely left the dlc for Fallout New Vegas uncompleted, I did this because not only is it one of my top 3 favourite games of all time but the cover image for your profile on here is really epic to me. Just a lone ranger stood sillouetted by the lights of the new vegas strip. It just always seemed super badass and cool to me and seemed like a good way to leave it. I started my trophy journey solo, and I will end it solo so no picture or game has a more symbolic or powerful meaning to me then that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2021 at 6:30 AM, pogo_loco said:

Arthritis -- my retirement plan != my body's retirement plan.

Ha! I'm getting there mate. All those old injuries are starting to take effect now. Even button mashing is a horrible effort these days. A real rude awakening when the day arrives where you're too fucked to press a button with your finger at a fast speed. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Death will tear us apart, no matter if I die in plane crash aged 35 or because of pneumonia aged 75, I'll play until the end. Right now I don't know who will get my consoles and games after my death, but who knows, maybe it gets in good hands.

Edited by Baranov_925
  • Like 1

I will still be gaming when the technological advances of the day have rendered me little more than a brain in a jar, controlling external mechanical prosthesis via electrodes.

"Is this right?" one scientist will say. "Does he want to die? Can he even make that decision anymore?"

But it is not for them to question. I am the monster formerly known as LC-Fraggers, an obscene construct of tissue and steel, platting eight stacks of Patreon-funded visual novels an hour, now and forever.

On 8/21/2021 at 2:38 AM, kfree7 said:

Currently, my favorite type of games are

Iris Fall or Contrast. Note one doesn’t have a plat. Still loved it. Wish there were more shadow games. I’ve played them even after all the trophies are done.

Try Shady Part Of Me, and perhaps Projection: First Light.

Ontopic:

There's currently no plan to retire. As long as I find new games to enjoy and I am able to play, I probably will keep playing.

"Gamers don't have birthdays, they just level up" - internet

• Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 5:11 AM, Shikotei-kun said:

Try Shady Part Of Me, and perhaps Projection: First Light.

Ontopic:

There's currently no plan to retire. As long as I find new games to enjoy and I am able to play, I probably will keep playing.

"Gamers don't have birthdays, they just level up" - internet

Thanks for the recommendations.    Like the leveling up instead of birthdays!!!   Very nice line there Shikotei.  Appreciate your post.

On 10/22/2021 at 6:04 AM, FawltyPowers said:

Just for kicks, this is the plan I currently have in place before I retire. Yes this is my backlog

Wg35a7Y.png

Bp54GAb.png

w7vbwh3.png

SpJfbJF.png

DE4alSF.png

NDvQXeX.png

FTtiLNK.png

onwQ1nq.png

JccfqXk.png

ojGBOQM.png

Pretty cool that I'll finish it not long before my 66th birthday and if you remember, please send me a congratulations. If I'm not dead it will mean a lot.

This is epic.  You have the most detail I've ever seen.  I will send you congrats!!!  Haven't been in my 50s for a while, many ppl that said they would keep gaming are gone.  There are a few of us that are friends that are all over 48.  That's a fun group of gamers.  Hope you join me and continue gaming.  Like this chat and 66 is perfect!!!  

• Like 1