Trophy tips and information

6 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

Keep It On the Hush-Hush.

For speaking to the Magic Merchant. He appears in Rapadagna behind the fountain if you beat the first boss without saving or talking to the sage. Doing this will max out your cash and let you buy the best equipment in the game immediately, making the game and some of the following trophies even easier. But you'll have so much money that you won't be able to earn the Lucky Sevens All Round. trophy in that playthrough

This one is really bogging me down. I do exactly that but nothing. I don't even interact with the vending machine or any NPCs but the merchant still isn't there. I even deleted all my save files and started fresh :(

11 hours ago, SnowStorm said:

This one is really bogging me down. I do exactly that but nothing. I don't even interact with the vending machine or any NPCs but the merchant still isn't there. I even deleted all my save files and started fresh :(

Edit: It looks you need to reach Rapadagna without saving, using an elixir or using the vending machine after beating the game at least once

Edited by Shadiochao
  • Like 2

On 23/05/2021 at 9:24 AM, Shadiochao said:

The game will be available in all regions next week, so here's some information for anybody planning on buying it

Just playing through the game normally, it's about 3-5 hours long and personally I'd say is 2-3/10 in difficulty. The platinum doesn't take much longer and can be achieved in one playthrough, but several trophies are highly missable, assuming patches haven't changed anything since I played a month ago:

Must've Been Tough Finding Them All, Eh?

All 200 life drops need to be collected. The majority of them become missable at different points in the story.

You can't return to the first area after beating the first boss, so you only get one attempt to collect the first 33 life drops.

You can return to any other area, but shortly after you've completed Ice Pyramid3, you'll lose access to double jump and glide. So pretty much every life drop up to this point will become permanently unavailable.

Here's a video showing the locations of all 200 life drops:

A Good Offense Is the Best Defense.
A Good Defense Is the Best Offense.
Being Stylish Is Important Too.

Every sword, shield and bracelet needs to be collected. As the story progresses, old equipment in the shops is permanently replaced with newer gear even if you haven't bought it yet. I think three bracelets are only available for a single area before they're removed and replaced with the ultimate gear. If you do a second playthrough to use the Magic Merchant then you'll easily be able to afford it all, but if not you might need to grind or save your gold bars

Feel Refreshed Now?

You'll probably get this accidentally but it's for getting one of the Sphinx's questions wrong

My, My, Aren't We in a Hurry?

Missable but is earned as soon as you start the game. Just run left instead of right

Many Thanks to Pepelogoo.

Die holding an elixir after Tower of Silence but before completing Ice Pyramid3

These aren't missable but they were worth mentioning:

Keep It On the Hush-Hush.

For speaking to the Magic Merchant. He'll only appear after being the game and can be found in Rapadagna behind the fountain if you beat the first boss without saving, buying from the vending machine or using an elixir. Doing this will max out your cash and let you buy the best equipment in the game immediately, but you'll have so much money that you won't be able to earn the Lucky Sevens All Round. trophy in that playthrough

First step as a fan.

The code is entered on the main menu and is Up, Down, Up, Down, Left, Left, Right, Right

A merchant’s path has a rocky future.

I'm not sure but I think progress towards this is kept independent of save files. Might test it to confirm in a few days

If anyone's wondering about the game in general then I'd say it's a decent little platformer. But since it's so short and has no replayability, is rather overpriced for what it is. I think it's something like £23, which is the same as the vastly superior Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom, and probably double what I'd be happy paying

The physical version also comes with a download code for the original game. I doubt that has its own trophy list, but if it does it'll probably be similar to its PS3 release

The emulated original game (from Ratalaika Games) has 21 trophies, including a platinum. Seems easier than the remake as they’re all just for entering the dungeons and beating the bosses. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

And here I thought this was going to be an easy, laid back game. 

At least you have more freedom in regards to saving, compared to Monster World IV. At least I earned my two Platinums

To add to this, after Ice Pyramid 3 is the ideal time to unload your Gold Bars since you will get 10k for them, while you only get 5k per bar at the end game. 

While the legendary bracelet appears after ice Pyramid 3, if it is not bought then, it will appear again along with the Best sword and shield once you teleport to town just before the room leading to the final boss. The salesman I’m speaking of is the one on the right side of town.

While this is not confirmed, it may be possible to buy early game gear in the end game. In one of the houses is initially a lone kid missing his father, and through the events of the game, the father and the kid occupy the back room of the house after you rescue him. When I spoke to the kid in the end game, he mentioned having second hand swords and shields for sale, but was currently out of stock (since I had all but the final gear at that point) so it’s very possible that the kid will sell you any of the old gear you missed when you get to the end game. Again, this will need confirming but if true, will take away pressure from buying all gear ASAP.

On 5/23/2021 at 3:24 AM, Shadiochao said:

The physical version also comes with a download code for the original game. This comes with its own trophy list

While physical copies do come with a code for a PS4 version of Monster World IV, it unfortunately does not have its own trophies. It’s not a syncing issue with the site that a PS4 trophy list for Monster World IV isn’t up; I can 100% confirm that trophies are just non-existent for this particular version of the game; the existing Monster World IV set of trophies is still only for the PS3 version of the game.

32 minutes ago, KyonKuchiki said:

While physical copies do come with a code for a PS4 version of Monster World IV, it unfortunately does not have its own trophies. It’s not a syncing issue with the site that a PS4 trophy list for Monster World IV isn’t up; I can 100% confirm that trophies are just non-existent for this particular version of the game; the existing Monster World IV set of trophies is still only for the PS3 version of the game.

That would be wrong. They have Trophies. I earned the Platinum. You get Trophies for reaching each level, for freeing the spirits and for reaching the end boss. it is still the most difficult Ratalakai game. You can only see them once you earn a Trophy, and then only through the notification menu.

Edited by JoniP
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, JoniP said:

That would be wrong. They have Trophies. I earned the Platinum. You get Trophies for reaching each level, for freeing the spirits and for reaching the end boss. it is still the most difficult Ratalakai game. You can only see them once you earn a Trophy, and then only through the notification menu.

That's good to know. Thanks for that, had a trophy pop for Tower of Silence. Still no actual list though appears, at least on the ps5 interface and obviously this site. There's no life drop or equipment trophies in the classic version? It's essentially just reaching the final boss, and you unlock all the trophies naturally along the way?

EDIT: Nevermind, just read further up, 21 trophies and pretty much is just for running through game.

Edited by KyonKuchiki

1 hour ago, KyonKuchiki said:

That's good to know. Thanks for that, had a trophy pop for Tower of Silence. Still no actual list though appears, at least on the ps5 interface and obviously this site. There's no life drop or equipment trophies in the classic version? It's essentially just reaching the final boss, and you unlock all the trophies naturally along the way?

EDIT: Nevermind, just read further up, 21 trophies and pretty much is just for running through game.

On the PlayStation 4-interface it is also almost impossible to find it. They have a major issue with showing Trophies that are not synced.

But yeah, it is fairly straightforward, although I heavily recommend going for the magic merchant. I did the Volcano level, and just decided to restart to get the debug armor.

20 hours ago, JoniP said:

At least you have more freedom in regards to saving, compared to Monster World IV. At least I earned my two Platinums

Yeah but the collectible part is annoying. Especially since you can't go back to certain areas. I for one, hate more than one to two playthroughs 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KyonKuchiki said:

nobody know that you can see unsynced trophies offline? On PS4, just boot up the game, hold the PS button and click on the name on the left, you’ll see all the trophies - whether they can be synced or not. You may get an error but just press ‘view offline trophies’

on PS5, disable the internet connection and the trophies will appear in your list and under the tile like normal ones do. I’ve put the network option in the quick access bar (when you tap the PS button), as that allows quick access to disable and enable the internet connection within seconds to check out ones that aren’t syncing.

I’m gonna email the pr again though, should only take a day to fix this and I told them a few weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, sealightbreeze said:

Yeah but the collectible part is annoying. Especially since you can't go back to certain areas. I for one, hate more than one to two playthroughs 

True, but at least you get a nice overview of how war you are after each boss. It is only the hub world where you can be screwed without noticing - at least I was.

1 hour ago, turniplord said:

I’m gonna email the pr again though, should only take a day to fix this and I told them a few weeks ago. 

Great. I was thinking about bothering Ratalaika on Facebook but PR dep might be better.

Edited by JoniP

• 4 weeks later...

I beat the whole game, with a save near the end. And I still don't have the merchant trophy. It's my last one. I buy 3 items, go to the next machine, buy 3 items. Use the magic lamp to return to the city, rinse and repeat. What am I doing wrong?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cinderkin said:

I beat the whole game, with a save near the end. And I still don't have the merchant trophy. It's my last one. I buy 3 items, go to the next machine, buy 3 items. Use the magic lamp to return to the city, rinse and repeat. What am I doing wrong?

I just saved my game right at a vending machine, bought all 3 items and loaded the save file to repeat it until the trophy unlocked

1 minute ago, Shadiochao said:

I just saved my game right at a vending machine, bought all 3 items and loaded the save file to repeat it until the trophy unlocked

This method wasn't working, loading the save would still have an empty machine. 

I just got it after posting. I had to rinse and repeat my method for a complete 30 purchases in 1 sitting for it to unlock. Really strange as I was periodically buying items my entire playthrough. 

Got the plat. 

Just now, Cinderkin said:

This method wasn't working, loading the save would still have an empty machine. 

I just got it after posting. I had to rinse and repeat my method for a complete 30 purchases in 1 sitting for it to unlock. Really strange as I was periodically buying items my entire playthrough. 

Got the plat. 

Oh strange, they must've patched it out recently. I last tested it shortly after the worldwide release happened and it was all fine then

But congrats

• 1 month later...
On 30.06.2021 at 4:15 AM, Shadiochao said:

Oh strange, they must've patched it out recently. I last tested it shortly after the worldwide release happened and it was all fine then

But congrats

I bought the retail version and it says version 1.00, but There aren't any patches available to download.

Edited by Sebatrox

• 9 months later...

Just a heads-up; although the boy does sound like he offers missed shields and swords at the end (I, too, had bought all of them and he had none), he definitely does not sell bracelets. Due to this you should definitely be sure to purchase every bracelet as it becomes available. On a second run, using the magical merchant approach (to get the legendary bracelet early instead of at the end of the game, as well as the sword/shield for faster combat) it took me 1h28m to get through the game to the end of Ice Pyramid 3 to get through the remainder of the camel merchant's bracelet stock and pop that trophy.

Edited by Thermopyle2