SSFIV arcade fightstick tournament edition

Hey all

was wondering if anyone had one of these. I bought one in an effort to help me with the trials. There’s a lot of buttons on it I’d like to take advantage of but it didn’t come with instructions. Anyone have a copy of them or are a familiar with this fight stick? 

10 minutes ago, Vergil said:

If you are expecting that a stick will magically help you with trials then im sorry to disappoint. You need to spend lots of hours to use it properly. Unless you are willing to do so then i suggest you stick with a controller

This ^

The only thing an arcade stick makes easier from the get-go is piano input for honda, chun and gen hands/legs. And maybe for stuff where you need to hold down a button like cody's bingo, since with a controller using standard layout that would force you to use claw grip, since your thumb would be busy holding a button lol

All the trials are very much doable with a controller - I personally got an arcade stick myself with the same idea of making trials easier but it didn't help me in the end and I just did them with a regular controller in the end. It just wasn't worth the effort you have to put into learning the arcade stick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grimydawg___ said:

You're going to spend even longer JUST getting used to the arcade stick

Can confirm. Even after spending years of my youth in arcades, I'd gotten used to the ergonomics of modern controllers. A fight stick is a big investment (unless you routinely play fighting games) and you'll basically have to relearn the entire game before you're comfortable enough to seriously tackle the trials.

• Like 1

Thanks all for the comments. I’m used to a fight stuck , I used to have street fighter 2 the dedicated arcade cabinet , MK 1-3 arcades and the fight stick for MK 9… but yeah this looks like something that may need to take a while.. I’ve done all the online , so I’ve got time to burn now. Just wanted to git gud on this thing. Thanks all. 

• Like 2

I have the TE stick and use it sometimes on the SF games. Upgraded from the old stick I used to have back when KOF XII came out and never looked back thanks to the amazing Sanwa buttons. Even though I have owned an arcade stick of some kind for over 10 years I still prefer controller as that's what I used to play with on SF2 and Killer Instinct growing up. The muscle memory is just there when it comes to controller and my execution is also better.

• Like 1