Baker’s Final March

Baker

10 minutes ago, Baker said:

Time for a little progression update. Let’s start with:

Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2

What a great game this was. I even got my brother to play with me when doing all the gaps. We did that back in the day too, without a guide. Spending hours looking for those final gaps we were missing.

I’m basically done apart from grinding to lvl 100. This is going to take me a very long time, at least a month. It was also a harder game than expected. The hard get there in School II took me 6 hours. I was kind of baffled by the trophy rarity.

Tekken 7

Downloaded this from Ps Now as I thought it would be nice to play a Tekken game again. Not so much. I remember why fighting games aren’t for me. Deleted it already. This was just a intermezzo.

Wolfenstein II

The whole plan of practicing this game, unsurprisingly, didn’t go to plan. 1f602.png I practiced about 1/3 of the game and then I got sick for a good 1-2 weeks. I didn’t play it during that time and afterwards I dropped it. And now I lost the will to continue. Maybe in the near future.

Code Vein

I bought this to play with @Arcesius. Looking forward to this. I expect to start it within the next few months.

Tales of Arise 

This game sits now on the top of my wishlist as I love the Tales of games. I don’t own it yet, but I will probably pick this up real soon. I will trade in my three physical games to make it a bit cheaper: Ys IX: Monstrum Nox, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne and..

Devil May Cry V

It’s time to finish this game. I was really tired after all the playthroughs I’ve done already but now I’m in the mood to start it again. Let’s see how long it takes before I change my mind about this. 1f602.png 

And finally..

Pix The Cat

I already played this a bit on my secondary account just to be sure the two trophies connected to online leaderboards are still achievable. I mean this game is so old it wouldn’t surprise me they won’t announce a shutdown. I haven’t reached a 1.2 million score to get access to the LB’s, but that’s not hard to do. I might do that this weekend.

Speaking of weekends. Have a good one.

I'm so 50/50 on Tales of Arise. Seeing combat is just a big no for me at the moment with all the screaming voices all at once 

Maybe have a look on Mortal Kombat 11. It's much easier to learn as it's only 2D. Well that's coming from someone who sucks at fighting games and combos

Edited by Deluziion90
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

I'm so 50/50 on Tales of Arise. Seeing combat is just a big no for me at the moment with all the screaming voices all at once 

Maybe have a look on Mortal Kombat 11. It's much easier to learn as it's only 2D. Well that's coming from someone who sucks at fighting games and combos

Well if you’re unsure about Tales of Arise you could try out Tales of Berseria or Vesperia. They go on sale often for only €10, which is a steal. But I don’t think you care much about the price of a game, and it seems these games are longer and more tedious to complete than Arise.

Tekken 7 is also an easy game. And it’s free for me at the moment. I just don’t like fighting games, so I will never play one again.

On 9/9/2021 at 11:32 PM, Baker said:

Devil May Cry V

It’s time to finish this game. I was really tired after all the playthroughs I’ve done already but now I’m in the mood to start it again. Let’s see how long it takes before I change my mind about this. 1f602.png 

Pulling the Devil Trigger again ? do one playthrough then take a break again. 

Actually, I think I will also reinstall the game. I'm in mood for some DMC myself.

Also big congrats (again) for the Tony Hawk Get There! Except the grind to 100, this game has been a blast from start to finish.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Copanele said:

Pulling the Devil Trigger again 1f602.png do one playthrough then take a break again. 

Actually, I think I will also reinstall the game. I'm in mood for some DMC myself.

Also big congrats (again) for the Tony Hawk Get There! Except the grind to 100, this game has been a blast from start to finish.

Before DMC V I’m first going to do the Tony Hawk grind.

I expected it to take a long time but I went from 72 to 90 over the weekend by just doing the pro tours with every skater. I have done it now with 12 skaters. I just do a 1 million combo every run so I get 600xp every two minutes guaranteed, plus all the challenges. It’s not the fastest way, but it’s more fun to me than grinding the 900 over and over. I should be done within the next 2 or 3 days.

Awesome game indeed. I really hope there will be THPS 3+4 some day.

As for DMC V, I’m going to do one mission at a time. I’m at mission 2. So I will S rank mission 2 on all difficulties before continuing to mission 3. That way I know once I’m done with a mission I will never have to play it again. ?

Edited by Baker
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, HusKy said:

110 hours in 10 days? Damn :o

According to exophase. Which I never take seriously but there is no way to track your time in this game. But 100+ hours seems about right. I did a marathon on this game. How people can complete this in 2 days blows my mind. Maybe some AFK grinding with macro’s.

Edited by Baker

DAMN seeing those videos again makes me hyped again. Congrats for Baker Mind Pro Skater platinum xD 

16 hours ago, Baker said:

Bullring. 10 minutes.

Sometimes I swear you summon Eldritch gods for some feats. 10 minutes is insane. Took me around 1-2 hours of practice for this nasty piece. School II was still the most difficult.

I think the hardest thing at the Get Theres for me was resisting the urge to pull a sick kickflip and bite the pavement. Most of my fails were because "heck yeah I bet I can do a Grab here" - splash into the wall.

Crossed fingers for THPS 3+4!

• Like 2

Pix The Cat

A short update about this game. First I got the two online trophies on my secondary account so they are still achievable which is good news.

So I started playing this game while avoiding the easiest trophy for getting 10 perfects in a row. I unlocked the Daily Grid, which is needed for the online trophies, by scoring 1.2 million. 

Then I played the Laboratory, which are 100 puzzle levels which you need to beat within a specific amount of moves. You can just follow a guide for this. I completed 99/100.

Then I played the Nostalgia levels. Which are short levels with some gimmick. You need to beat them in a target time. There are 70 of these and I completed 69/70.

The last puzzles of these modes are very easy.

So I’m at the point of easily unlocking 9/11 (never forget) trophies, while the two hard ones remain. And they are hard.

I have a love/hate relationship with this game. I like it, but the controls, I feel sometimes don’t respond too well. I wanted to play this with the D Pad but that’s pretty much impossible for me, so analog stick it is.

And now to the point of this post:

I looked at the PSNP fastest leaderboard for this game and it’s 1 hour, 1 minute. And I thought it would be fun to try to beat this. I’ve never done something like that before. 

What I would need to do:

- Beat 1 million points 5 times in a row while avoiding the 10 perfects in a row and get 2 million on my fifth attempt on the Main Grid.

- Then beat 1.5 million on the Desert Grid.

- Set a score on the Daily Grid.

- Finish the two remaining puzzles. 

- Boom! 100%

Every Grid run takes 5 minutes. So in theory it’s possible to get 100% under or around 20 minutes. 

I’m not good enough yet to score 2 million on the Main Grid and haven’t even unlocked the Desert Grid yet so I would need to practice this a lot on my second account first.

Shall I go for this? Or just unlock the 9 trophies and play this game normally?

Edited by Baker
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Baker said:

And now to the point of this post:

I looked at the PSNP fastest leaderboard for this game and it’s 1 hour, 1 minute. And I thought it would be fun to try to beat this. I’ve never done something like that before. 

What I would need to do:

- Beat 1 million points 5 times in a row while avoiding the 10 perfects in a row and get 2 million on my fifth attempt on the Main Grid.

- Then beat 1.5 million on the Desert Grid.

- Set a score on the Daily Grid.

- Finish the two remaining puzzles. 

- Boom! 100%

Every Grid run takes 5 minutes. So in theory it’s possible to get 100% under or around 20 minutes. 

I’m not good enough yet to score 2 million on the Main Grid and haven’t even unlocked the Desert Grid yet so I would need to practice this a lot on my second account first.

Shall I go for this? Or just unlock the 9 trophies and play this game normally?

Hmm, I think it would be a fun thing to go for once, but I would only try to achieve it if you enjoy playing the game or want to have it over with... 

I thought about doing something similar when going for Pumped BMX+, but the game turned out to be pretty shit and so I just never bothered to play more than I had to ?

If you enjoy the game though (and the controls are the only thing bothering you)... then why not! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arcesius said:

Hmm, I think it would be a fun thing to go for once, but I would only try to achieve it if you enjoy playing the game or want to have it over with... 

I thought about doing something similar when going for Pumped BMX+, but the game turned out to be pretty shit and so I just never bothered to play more than I had to 1f602.png

If you enjoy the game though (and the controls are the only thing bothering you)... then why not! 

You know where the controls remind me of? Well more the timing of when to take the turns. Eternal Slip. And I’m serious here. ?

The problem is you can’t roll with your thumb across the D Pad to make turns. The inputs just don’t register like that half the time. It’s going too fast to really press left or right too. So I feel I need to play this with the analog stick.

This is Eternal Slip on steroids while trying to quickly recognize puzzle patterns and then perfectly solve them. 

That said I think I’m just going to unlock the trophies. I would need to put in a lot more time and effort to get the fastest 100%, then if I would play this normally. 

10 minutes ago, Joe Dubz said:

Hell ya man, I say go for the Speedrun record! But if it's like you say and it's anything remotely like Eternal Slip, that's gonna be a challenge 1f605.png

It sounds like you have it mapped out well in your head, I'll be curious to see which route you go 1f601.png

I already popped the 9 trophies. The problem is getting 2 million points is tough to do. I haven’t even reached 1.5 million. So to get it consistent would require a lot of practice. Now I just need a lucky run. But that can take a while.

This game is a combination of speed, reaction time and quick puzzle solving. The latter isn’t a problem but speed and reaction time are not my strengths to say the least. ?

Great game though. I recommend trying it.

Edited by Baker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Baker said:

I already popped the 9 trophies. The problem is getting 2 million points is tough to do. I haven’t even reached 1.5 million. So to get it consistent would require a lot of practice. Now I just need a lucky run. But that can take a while.

This game is a combination of speed, reaction time and quick puzzle solving. The latter isn’t a problem but speed and reaction time are not my strengths to say the least. 1f605.png

Great game though. I recommend trying it.

Ah okay I see. As much as eternal slip chapped my ass at times, I did deep down enjoy it! So adding a puzzle element to it sounds pretty intriguing to me. 

I noticed that I must have picked this up as a free game some month, cuz I have it in my available to download games. So I will play it at some point. 

Well when you put it like that, it sounds like it might be more effort than it's worth anyway needing to practice a lot first! Either way, good luck no matter what you decide to do ?

• Like 2

I want to share a story of something disturbing that happened to me last night. At exactly 03.00 am my phone suddenly rang. Still a bit sleepy because the call woke me up I picked up the phone. At the other side was voice that I could not recognize at first. It talked English but it had a Asian accent to it. It was just cursing at me continuously. Finally after it got quiet I picked up some courage and asked him who he was. ‘Me am Lo Wang’ he said and then it hit me. Lo Wang was mad because every swap I made in the UR clean up event so far I swapped out Shadow Warrior. I can’t leave that poor Wang hanging any longer. I finally started Shadow Warrior.

I’m going to swap it back in for DMC 5, which I booted up but the thought of having to play that game 5 more times.. ?. Let’s hope I don’t get a call from Dante any time soon.

In the mean time I broke 1.5 million in Pix The Cat’s Main Grid, unlocking the Desert Grid. The Grid is harder but the trophy for scoring 1.5 million on the Desert Grid shouldn’t cause to much problems. But that 2 million on the Main Grid is just tough because of the controls. I think this game was made to be played with a keyboard. I’ll just play this occasionally from now on, so it could take a while before I finish this.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Baker said:

Shadow Warrior

A little update on this game. Played through the main story on Normal difficulty. Done all the miscellaneous trophies. Which was a lot of fun. The game was really good.

So now I’m in Heroic difficulty. I hate this mode because it’s really boring. You’re just spamming the same attacks over and over again. Currently in chapter 7 out of 17. In Heroic there are no checkpoints and you can’t save so you need to beat every level in one go. I left the PS4 in rest mode overnight because I was tired, continued today and then this happened:

This has nothing to do with Heroic by the way. It’s just terrible game design where you can fall to your death from 10cm high. And now I can start the chapter all over again. I’m thinking of taking a break from this game.

It’s times like these that wants me to quit trophy hunting. Why am I even doing this when I have no fun with it whatsoever? 

You pretty much summed up who I always dodge these extreme hard and annoying ~1%- platinums :P.. I get zero satisfaction when achieving something super hard I get satisfaction when a game hits 100%.. Goodluck though on DMC5 and this game!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Baker said:

This has nothing to do with Heroic by the way. It’s just terrible game design where you can fall to your death from 10cm high. And now I can start the chapter all over again. I’m thinking of taking a break from this game.

Jeez - that video :facepalm:

it's like a grandmother simulator - watch yourself on the stairs... one wrong move and you fall and break a hip ?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

You pretty much summed up who I always dodge these extreme hard and annoying ~1%- platinums :P.. I get zero satisfaction when achieving something super hard I get satisfaction when a game hits 100%.. Goodluck though on DMC5 and this game!

Shadow Warrior isn’t even a hard game. The difficulty will ramp up in later chapters with some tough battles but I expect to get through it pretty easily. There are even some complete and partial level skips. Every Ki attack, which is the sword attack in the video, heals you. You can heal yourself at any time too. Basically you will only die if you get stuck or cornered. Or if you fall from the stairs. ?

Heroic just sucks because that’s all you do. Dash, Ki attack, dash, dash, Ki attack, charged crossbow shot, dash, dash, dash. For every battle. And these battles take such a long time when you have dozens of demons chasing you at the same time. Boring! ?

9 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Jeez - that video :facepalm:

it's like a grandmother simulator - watch yourself on the stairs... one wrong move and you fall and break a hip 1f602.png

Ridiculous right? It happened a few times in my Normal playthrough too. Once I dashed literally two steps of the stairs and still died. It doesn’t happen all the time but I don’t know what exactly triggers these deaths.

Edited by Baker

Just now, Baker said:

Ridiculous right? It happened a few times in my Normal playthrough too. Once I dashed literally two steps of the stairs and still died. It doesn’t happen all the time but I don’t know what exactly triggers these deaths.

I'm sure I remember some other game where that was an issue - specifically on stairs, where side-strafing down stairs could end up killing you with fall damage in the same way - for the life of me  I can't recall what game it was though... (I want to say it was one of the Darkness games, but that memory is hazy, and I might be wrong about it).

I was thinking maybe it was something inherent to the physics engine, but looking up Shadow Warrior, it seems to be made on a proprietary engine, so I guess it's just a problem of individual design.

Bad thing to overlook in a game like that though for sure!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baker said:

continued today and then this happened:

That is savage. Utter bullshit. I wouldn't blame you for taking some time to cooldown as that would of riled me up, too.

2 hours ago, Baker said:

It’s times like these that wants me to quit trophy hunting. Why am I even doing this when I have no fun with it whatsoever? 

You don't get bad-ass war stories without a few battle scars. You my friend, have some cool war stories when it comes to this hobby of ours. 

Just take a time out if you need to. You managed to beat some other cheap bullshit not too long ago with Ys Origin. You'll get this too. Just don't burn out ?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

You don't get bad-ass war stories without a few battle scars. You my friend, have some cool war stories when it comes to this hobby of ours. 

Just take a time out if you need to. You managed to beat some other cheap bullshit not too long ago with Ys Origin. You'll get this too. Just don't burn out 1f4aa.png

Sometimes I just need to rant a bit when there are some bullshit mechanics in a game or I’m not enjoying it as much as I expected. AJ style. ?

In the mean time I’ve cleared chapter 7 already.

Combat deaths: 0

Environmental deaths: 2 ?

Edited by Baker
  • Like 3