Baker’s Final March

Baker

4 hours ago, Baker said:

Shadow Warrior

A little update on this game. Played through the main story on Normal difficulty. Done all the miscellaneous trophies. Which was a lot of fun. The game was really good.

So now I’m in Heroic difficulty. I hate this mode because it’s really boring. You’re just spamming the same attacks over and over again. Currently in chapter 7 out of 17. In Heroic there are no checkpoints and you can’t save so you need to beat every level in one go. I left the PS4 in rest mode overnight because I was tired, continued today and then this happened:

* grandma breaking hip video*

I've seen many bullshit mechanics in videogames but DAMN I never saw a super powered Shadow Warrior dying so fast from a measly flight of stairs in my entire life ? what is this, QWOP HD edition?

Kinda sad that these "mechanics" are there, game looks fun otherwise.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Baker said:

Shadow Warrior

A little update on this game. Played through the main story on Normal difficulty. Done all the miscellaneous trophies. Which was a lot of fun. The game was really good.

So now I’m in Heroic difficulty. I hate this mode because it’s really boring. You’re just spamming the same attacks over and over again. Currently in chapter 7 out of 17. In Heroic there are no checkpoints and you can’t save so you need to beat every level in one go. I left the PS4 in rest mode overnight because I was tired, continued today and then this happened:

This has nothing to do with Heroic by the way. It’s just terrible game design where you can fall to your death from 10cm high. And now I can start the chapter all over again. I’m thinking of taking a break from this game.

It’s times like these that wants me to quit trophy hunting. Why am I even doing this when I have no fun with it whatsoever? 

That was something I didn't expect to happen whilst watching that. I've heard a bit about this game & apparently it's quite good? Is this something you'd recommend especially if someone knows this stuff happens going in?

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Destructor-8 said:

That was something I didn't expect to happen whilst watching that. I've heard a bit about this game & apparently it's quite good? Is this something you'd recommend especially if someone knows this stuff happens going in?

The game is definitely good. But on Normal and not on Heroic. As I’ve mentioned I hate that difficulty. If you like FPS games I recommend playing it though. Yeah there is some weird insta death fall damage sometimes when you fall a little bit but that basically never happens.

• Like 1

Nice throwback! I definitely understand where you are coming from though... I also think from time to time about just starting a couple of games at once and then just clean them up, but I actually prefer having one game to play, that way I am not tempted to switch around games all the time ?

Also, dude.. I always find it insane that you type up everything on your phone... I can barely post a two-line response without going crazy ?

10 hours ago, Baker said:

1: Pipe Phobia

I just suck at wheelies in this game. So this was for me the hardest. Quick note. I did all these challenges at the end of the game, where I was already quite decent at it. Still, this took me around 20 hours. But I think this is a very nice run.

Holy shit.. I knew it took you a while, but 20 hours? ?? Still, what a fantastic game.. 

Sine Mora Ex

L6bbcb0.png

So... If I remember correctly, you were also writing in the forums about not being able to get 100% in score mode or something? Despite having beaten all bosses? Maybe you know what I mean... 

I will start this game soon, so is there anything I need to know so that I don't run into the same problems?

1: #186

16 hours straight I’ve spend on this track. With a few small breaks ofcourse. Controlling the car on the sand, and that f*cking palm tree just before the engine off section. It hit that palm tree so many times I could make a 1 hour compilation video of it. 1f602.png

Ah, the palm ruined so many runs... In general the Flora in wherever Trackmania plays is probalby made of the hardest material known to mankind ? Honestly I would love for a new game to come out, but the last games have only released for PC unfortunately (they are only Stadium anyways... I would enjoy a new Trackmania game with all environments). 

Which raises a question. Should I do this again? I currently have 3 sub 1% games in my backlog of which some have been sitting there for years. Namely Strafe, Ikaruga, and Black Ops 4.

I might look for some more and do this again as a challenge for 2022. Recommendations are welcome. No fighting games, PS4 only.

Wasn't Strafe super, super buggy? ?

Not sub-1%, but of course The End is Nigh or Splasher would be great platforming challenges, and I hear A Pixel Story or Super Rude Bear Resurrection (both in my backlog) as well, though I have no experience yet with the two.

Looking forward to other responses that I can add to my backlog as well ? 

• Like 2

On 22/09/2021 at 7:14 PM, Baker said:

The game is definitely good. But on Normal and not on Heroic. As I’ve mentioned I hate that difficulty. If you like FPS games I recommend playing it though. Yeah there is some weird insta death fall damage sometimes when you fall a little bit but that basically never happens.

Yeah I haven't played many for quite awhile, but the game itself does look good so I might try it eventually.

13 hours ago, Baker said:

Do you ever have a backlog that consists of some hard games and some easy games and then you play the easy games first? And then when they are finished you buy some new easy games to keep postponing playing the harder games? Well, that’s what I did, and still do actually. 1f602.png

Top 3 hardest Iron Man runs.

1: Impossible Boy

This took me way longer than it should. But I choke a lot when I’m about to complete difficult things. I also could have this after 5-6 hours. Instead I had many failed 18-19 runs where I choked with my biggest choke in gaming ever right here

That was a good read & even though I've started quite a few games in recent times, I haven't started the different types that you have. It's great you are getting through those all too. I watched that SMB video & I was thinking of what's coming, so when it happened it must have been incredibly annoying going through that. Nice you got SMB done anyway though.

2 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Ah, the palm ruined so many runs... In general the Flora in wherever Trackmania plays is probalby made of the hardest material known to mankind 1f602.png Honestly I would love for a new game to come out, but the last games have only released for PC unfortunately (they are only Stadium anyways... I would enjoy a new Trackmania game with all environments). 

Not sub-1%, but of course The End is Nigh or Splasher would be great platforming challenges, and I hear A Pixel Story or Super Rude Bear Resurrection (both in my backlog) as well, though I have no experience yet with the two.

Looking forward to other responses that I can add to my backlog as well 1f601.png 

That first bit is pretty funny as I can definitely relate to that lol. I also was gonna say about what a good platformer recommendation would be as I remember wondering about SMB awhile ago, however I think SMB would be too much of a game going into. I see you've mentioned this first game here & wonder if that's worth doing, or maybe there's other decent ones to try out since I don't think I've played a platformer so far.

• Like 1

On 22.9.2021 at 2:46 PM, Baker said:

Shadow Warrior

This has nothing to do with Heroic by the way. It’s just terrible game design where you can fall to your death from 10cm high. And now I can start the chapter all over again. I’m thinking of taking a break from this game.

It’s times like these that wants me to quit trophy hunting. Why am I even doing this when I have no fun with it whatsoever? 

This happened to 3 or 4 times aftet that I didn't rushed that much through the levels which was annoying.. one time I fell through the floor and died lol.. it's really an annoying glitch man i understand your anger. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LosAngelesPride said:

Well that's a prestigious throwback, congrats on achieving those milestones my friend ?

They are all sitting on my backlog, I need to find the motivation and overcome some sort of blockage to finally start them ? 

My advice is to just go for it! They’re all great games.

3 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Nice throwback! I definitely understand where you are coming from though... I also think from time to time about just starting a couple of games at once and then just clean them up, but I actually prefer having one game to play, that way I am not tempted to switch around games all the time ?

Also, dude.. I always find it insane that you type up everything on your phone... I can barely post a two-line response without going crazy ?

So... If I remember correctly, you were also writing in the forums about not being able to get 100% in score mode or something? Despite having beaten all bosses? Maybe you know what I mean... 

I will start this game soon, so is there anything I need to know so that I don't run into the same problems?

Wasn't Strafe super, super buggy? ?

Looking forward to other responses that I can add to my backlog as well ? 

I still don’t understand how to break up a a single quote into multiple quotes but maybe that’s a phone thing. 

About typing everything on my phone. Yeah it’s annoying as hell. Especially because there are so many basic things missing. Centre text, spoiler tags, etc.. etc.. 

For Sine Mora you need to beat every boss with primary fire only. It’s one of the requirements of a promotion. Every boss should give around 15% increase. Some had some problems with it, me too, for not registering every boss. When that happens it’s probably Domus, and you need to destroy most of his parts. You can’t run into problems, but you might need to replay some chapters. 

Strafe is super buggy. But just look at the platinum trophy image and name. ?

And you know I won’t play Splasher or The End is Nigh. ? The other two games also don’t seem like something for me. The only other sub 1% game I know I’m interested in is Dariusburst. But apparently it’s more of a big grind with just one difficult trophy to do.

52 minutes ago, Destructor-8 said:

That was a good read & even though I've started quite a few games in recent times, I haven't started the different types that you have. It's great you are getting through those all too. I watched that SMB video & I was thinking of what's coming, so when it happened it must have been incredibly annoying going through that. Nice you got SMB done anyway though.

Yeah the funny thing about the SMB choke is that it was at the end of a 5 hour session. The longer I played SMB in a row, the easier it went for me. And when I choked I wanted to quit for the day but instead went into a f*ck it mode. I played very casually and if you compare the video’s you can maybe see I’m much more relaxed when I got Impossible Boy. Even though I got nervous at 7-20x.

13 minutes ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

This happened to 3 or 4 times aftet that I didn't rushed that much through the levels which was annoying.. one time I fell through the floor and died lol.. it's really an annoying glitch man i understand your anger. 

I’ve read somewhere you can’t dash near a staircase as it will lead to certain death. So I’m taking it slow, just walking everywhere and only dash in the big fights. 

Edited by Baker
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Baker said:

I’ve read somewhere you can’t dash near a staircase as it will lead to certain death. So I’m taking it slow, just walking everywhere and only dash in the big fights. 

Yeah exactly. Avoid dashing around stairs but sometimes when I was almost done with a level I still took it slow hahaha btw good luck man you will make it. Don't stress yourself

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Nice throwback! I definitely understand where you are coming from though... I also think from time to time about just starting a couple of games at once and then just clean them up, but I actually prefer having one game to play, that way I am not tempted to switch around games all the time 1f602.png

Also, dude.. I always find it insane that you type up everything on your phone... I can barely post a two-line response without going crazy 1f602.png

Holy shit.. I knew it took you a while, but 20 hours? 1f633.png1f631.png Still, what a fantastic game.. 

Ah, the palm ruined so many runs... In general the Flora in wherever Trackmania plays is probalby made of the hardest material known to mankind 1f602.png Honestly I would love for a new game to come out, but the last games have only released for PC unfortunately (they are only Stadium anyways... I would enjoy a new Trackmania game with all environments). 

Wasn't Strafe super, super buggy? 1f610.png

Looking forward to other responses that I can add to my backlog as well 1f601.png 

Idk if I’m allowed to post this but for Sine Mora the thing baker is referring to is the challenge for destroying every boss with only your primary weapon(arcade mode)

Naturally you should unlock it on your primary weapon only run but what the game fails to explain is you actually need to destroy most of a bosses parts(not just the main target to proceed to the next phrase)

The parts that you gotta destroy are usually things that act as turrets, or are part of the bosses gimmick.

So destroying them can sometimes make the boss fight easier, basically takes away attacks or actions from the boss.

If you want to make this challenge easy to track just make sure every time you finish a boss fight, open the menu mid stage and look and see what the % is for the primary only boss fight challenge is at,

if it rises you met the requirement for that boss, if not then now you know witch one you missed at least.

You gotta clear the game 7times anyway.

Ok hope this help(unless there’s still beef here, witch in that case, well idk, doesn't really matter tbh)

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

Yeah exactly. Avoid dashing around stairs but sometimes when I was almost done with a level I still took it slow hahaha btw good luck man you will make it. Don't stress yourself

I will make it but it can take quite a while. I’m having a hard time motivating myself to keep playing this game as I hate it right now.

I only play maybe 1/3 or 1/2 a chapter a day before I’m too bored to continue. I’m now 1/3 into chapter 10, one of the more boring chapters imo. I also had my first combat related death at the end of chapter 8, where you fight a couple of teleporters and a shaman. I did that all wrong by focusing on the teleporters first and the shaman summoned a couple more and before I knew it I had 6-7 teleporters to deal with. ? Second time I just killed the shaman asap which made the fight easy. The only chapter I’m really dreading is 13, as it’s so long. 

Edited by Baker

58 minutes ago, Baker said:

I still don’t understand how to break up a a single quote into multiple quotes but maybe that’s a phone thing. 

Hmm I just press "Enter" within the quote block on an empty line. You might need to create an empty line first though. Works on the phone as well :) 

And you know I won’t play Splasher or The End is Nigh. 1f602.png The other two games also don’t seem like something for me. The only other sub 1% game I know I’m interested in is Dariusburst. But apparently it’s more of a big grind with just one difficult trophy to do.

Fiiiine ?

For Sine Mora you need to beat every boss with primary fire only. It’s one of the requirements of a promotion. Every boss should give around 15% increase. Some had some problems with it, me too, for not registering every boss.

10 minutes ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Idk if I’m allowed to post this but for Sine Mora the thing baker is referring to is the challenge for destroying every boss with only your primary weapon.

Naturally you should unlock it on your primary weapon only run but what the game fails to explain is you actually need to destroy most of a bosses parts(not just the main target to proceed to the next phrase)

The parts that you gotta destroy are usually things that act as turrets, or are part of the bosses gimmick.

So destroying them can sometimes make the boss fight easier, basically takes away attacks or actions from the boss.

If you want to make this challenge easy to track just make sure every time you finish a boss fight, open the menu mid stage and look and see what the % is for the primary only boss fight challenge is at, if it rises you met the requirement for that boss, if not then now you know witch one you missed at least.

Alright so what I should do is kill a boss (primary weapon only) and check if the tracker increased by 15%, right? It could still increase but just by less than15% if I didn't destroy all needed parts, or will it not increase at all if that's the case?

Ok hope this help(unless there’s still beef here, witch in that case, well idk, doesn't really matter tbh)

Hey man, I am not resentful, plus I didn't feel attacked personally anyways. There's no beef here, at least not from my side :) Thanks for the clarification!

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Arcesius said:

Alright so what I should do is kill a boss (primary weapon only) and check if the tracker increased by 15%, right? It could still increase but just by less than15% if I didn't destroy all needed parts, or will it not increase at all if that's the case?

It will increase with 15% or nothing. I tracked it myself too until I got to the three last bosses and beat them with primary fire only and the increase was only 30%. In my case it was either Steropes, Domus or Ophan. Steropes and Domus are bosses that have extra parts you can destroy but it’s not necessary to beat them. And with every post I’ve read about this it’s always Domus that screwed them so I assumed it was also Domus for me. But it could have been Steropes too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Baker said:

It will increase with 15% or nothing. I tracked it myself too until I got to the three last bosses and beat them with primary fire only and the increase was only 30%. In my case it was either Steropes, Domus or Ophan. Steropes and Domus are bosses that have extra parts you can destroy but it’s not necessary to beat them. And with every post I’ve read about this it’s always Domus that screwed them so I assumed it was also Domus for me. But it could have been Steropes too.

Yep what he said, those 3 are most likely the ones you quickly shit on and never even put a dent in their extra parts.

I would like to add Papa Carlo(the one with the wracking ball) is another boss that you could quickly dispatch too without earning the said requirement tho.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R

1 hour ago, Baker said:

Not sure if this helps but I only have access to this site on mobile too, and I do this:

Screenshot_20210924-133729_Chrome

It can be a bit finicky - but if you select the text you want to quote, a little pop up should appear. If it doesn't pop up straight away - I just scroll up and down a bit until it does.

Being a mobile only user, my write up for Trials Fusion damn near broke my hand ?

Anyways - Awesome throwback/update dude! 

I love watching other's gameplay so nice touch adding in the vids!

Trials Fusion:

Well you know I love this game! Your replays were super helpful to me throughout - if we ignore all the flips on Anger Management ? 

Very nice pipe-phobia run! It's the only challenge I don't have a capture for as I recorded it on my PS5 and then replayed the track to get a platinum medal and go after @det_gittes time. When I opened the clip up to trim it - it just had the cover image of the game and no gameplay, I was annoyed because my replay was now my platinum run so I couldn't access my pipe-phobia run.

I had the opposite to you where I got lucky with pipe-phobia and knocked it out very fast. Top Roach took alot more practice and was definitely the hardest challenge in the whole game for me, second to Sleepy Creek. But that was fun as fuck. 

Sine Mora:

Woah - This game looks dope! I'll be keeping an eye out for this one.

Super Meat Boy:

Nice work man! The chokes are always a good indication that it's coming. I usually kick on hard after a choke and ride that momentum. Nice videos man. I've gotta do SMB at some point, looks like a good game that will kick my ass!

Wolfenstein II:

I love the wolf games. I think it would be too long to capture a successful run on the console? - I'd definitely watch your successful run when you undoubtedly bang it out. Looking forward to congratulating you when you finish this one up!

Trackmania Turbo:

That's a scary looking game ? - seems similar in the gameplay loop to Trials: rinse and repeat until you nail it. That is a big appeal but man, you had to put in some serious practice, mad respect bro. Tidy captures, yet again!

In regards to other games... well you've completed most of the ones I'm interested in so I doubt I could recommend anything decent. It's not sub 1% but I highly recommend Vanquish. Gameplay is amazing, it's like Titanfall 2 on steroids and it also offers a decent challenge. However, there's only one part of the game that offers that challenge - the rest is super easy. But I suppose that's makes it a nice balance since as you enjoy a mixture of chill and difficulty. I'm not sure if you've already looked into Vanquish and it's not your thing, so apologies if it's a shit suggestion. A bit like Titanfall 2 though, TC6 is slightly hyped up and not quite as bad as what you'd think (different league to the Gauntlet though) by reading through the forums. Still a very fun game.

• Like 1

@KindaSabbath Thanks for the tip about multi quoting but highlighting a wall of text on phones is so annoying. Don’t think I’ll be using it. ?

I don’t know if you own it already but I think Trackmania Turbo is just the game for you.

And for Vanquish. I actually bought a used PS3 copy a long time ago for €5 but I never got around to playing it. And then my PS3 died.

Now I sometimes put it in my wishlist and when it goes on sale I added it to my basket a couple of times but I never pulled the trigger. I will probably play it some day.

• Like 2

On 22/09/2021 at 10:16 PM, Baker said:

Shadow Warrior

Admittedly, this was my instinctual first thought to that clip ?
xIL9zAz.png

But one day I thought screw this. Let’s go play these games. The date was January 5th 2019.

Really awesome games here! Super Meat Boy is a classic platformer and a brilliant plat to have, and Wolfenstein II is another game with a great challenge in it's Mein Leben run, similar to Dead Space 2's hardcore run. Starting them all in one go and earning a trophy on each is a great motivator to starting them, seeing as they're on your profile for good.

Super Meat Boy especially is something I can tell you've put a ton of dedication on, 100+ hours is a long time for sure! I can only imagine your heart rate near the finale! ?

On the subject of platformers, as for future challenging games to tackle, it isn't a sub 1% (sits around 2.2% I think), but if you have PS Now, then Sonic Unleashed is a great challenge. I reckon it's the hardest Sonic game in the series, and there's a ton to conquer! You've got time trials and ring trials (finish stage with X rings) for every main stage in the game that you have to do without dying and getting hit a certain amount of times. Each trial comprises of three levels where the requirements get stricter and stricter, but they're all a ton of fun. The gameplay alternates between speedy daytime stages and the brawling nighttime stages akin to God of War, and the music is pretty killer too!

Edited by Shrooba
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Nice write up mate!

Am I reading these wrong, or would you recommend skipping the first Shadow Warrior, and just skipping to the second one then?

Sounds like you had a better time with the sequel?

I would recommend playing them both.

Shadow Warrior is also a good game. I just hated Heroic difficulty.

Shadow Warrior 2 is just very different. But in a way I really enjoyed.

Shadow Warrior = Wolfenstein

Shadow Warrior 2 = Borderlands

Not an exact comparison but this could give you an idea about how different these games are.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baker said:

Shadow Warrior = Wolfenstein

Shadow Warrior 2 = Borderlands

Hmm interesting....

for me:

Shadow Warrior = Wolfenstein ?

Shadow Warrior 2 = Borderlands ?

I was pretty cold on the first Borderlands (and didn't play any sequels)- but I do love some Wolfenstein, so maybe the first one is more my speed!

Cheers!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Nice write up mate!

Am I reading these wrong, or would you recommend skipping the first Shadow Warrior, and just skipping to the second one then?

Sounds like you had a better time with the sequel?

The second game is more enjoyable but the first one had a better story and a linear level design but that's it. When it comes to the level design, trophies and gameplay aspects itself the second one is definitely better. One trophy which was a little bit annoying is the "find 50 secrets" because some of them are in rng generated free roam levels. Other than that the "Borderland" loot system (like Baker said) is better, you have more skills, you have more weapons and the gore effects are better too.

Edit: But of course if you are ready for a challenge I recommend the first one but don't get scared of the platinum difficulty. I would say SW 1 is a 7 maybe a 7.5 but not higher. You just need a lot of patience, the crossbow and one specific sword kill to heal yourself. There is one game breaking glitch sadly which can ruin your run. When you dash from the highest point of some stairs for example you will die from fall damage which can ruin your entire run. @DrBloodmoney

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update!

I haven’t really been going for trophies at all in the past month and all I can say is: I liked it.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

What I’ve been doing? Zombies! A thought came in my head, that it would be nice to go to master prestige again, collect all calling cards, etc.. Just like I used to do in MW2 and BO2. Instead of MP this time I went for zombies and today I finally grabbed all calling cards in zombies. Apart from Dark Ops.

4MRr1Ca.jpg

As you can see I haven’t made it to master prestige yet. But I’m close, and with a lot of zombie trophies still to do I think I’ll get there without needing to grind kills.

I also thought of doing all diamond camo’s for all guns but after the statistics below I am only about half way on that. Soooo, let’s not do that.

zPm8Cp7.jpg

So that’s 220.000 kills and around 150 hours I’ve spend on zombies so far.

Time to leave zombies behind for a while and start focusing on getting all Blackout characters. I have been playing Blackout a little bit and I have 50% of the characters unlocked. Ofcourse the easier ones.

It’s the first Battle Royale game I ever played and I kind of like it. I did not expect that as I like very fast paced combat and that’s not something you can find in Blackout. Makes going for the characters not as tedious as anticipated.

Bulletstorm

I’ve been waiting for 6 months for this game to go on sale again and this game was.. disappointing. It’s not a bad game but it’s probably the worst FPS game I’ve played. I finished the campaign and the online coop stuff and only got Echo Mode left. Which is a point scoring mode where you replay short sections of the campaign. I could knock out those trophies in an afternoon but I can’t even be bothered with it at the moment.

I’m enjoying just playing and not going after trophies so much I did something I basically never do. I bought a game today on release date. Not hard to guess which game that is..

Call of Duty: Vanguard

I already saw my friends playing it online. Time for some good old MP fun. New calling cards and new prestiges to unlock. I’ll be busy for while.

I’ll keep this trophy hunting break active..

For now..

Edited by Baker
  • Like 3