Cheating Scandal

Baker

Aaah ffs... 

Well, I'll start by saying that I never started following Riolu because I don't like how he presents himself in his streams / videos. I don't find him very likeable. It is not surprising to me the way he talked about Wirtual about "blackmailing", trying to ridicule the situation. Seems very much like him. 

However, I always thought of Riolu as an incredible Trackmania player. And as stated in the video, he definitely is! His runs done live are mesmerizing at times. But also for me, the most incredible "feat" he completed was holding all 200 WRs in Trackmania Turbo simultaneously. 

It is pretty sad to find out that not only did he cheat those, but many more hundreds of WRs... What a shame. 

Now, cheating is shit, especially in a competitive setting. But let's forget about that for a second and think of Riolu as a human. He is a professional Trackmania player and streamer, playing for a Team. I guess he is constantly either practicing or streaming, right? Now, at the age of 25, you are exposed to be a fraud... Imagine being in that situation... Which options does he have now? 

I hope he has some sort of training besides Trackmania, or otherwise this can ruin not only his career, but his life. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, dakk55 said:

If it's only accusations, then I say innocent until proven guilty. Unfortunately, that's not how the internet works. I hope that he was not cheating as some of his videos were certainly impressive.

His inputs look identical to a bunch of other guys who got caught with the same analysis and have admitted that they indeed cheated. I think the proof is already there. All that's left is a confession at this point and you don't always get one.

His skills are still not really in question, he is a very good player. When he plays live at an event or on stream those runs are legit and you can still be as impressed by them as you were before.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 2

Interesting watch... made me also look up the Dream drama and these kind of videos are highly entertaining and addictive for some reason. ?

In reality this is incredibly sad. He lied for over 10 years while he cheated, which is self serving and manipulative behaviour. Definitely not a person I'd want to be around.

Very disrespectful to all the other players competing

• Like 1

I don't know the game very well, and only watched about half of both videos to get the gist of it. 

But technical data like this is certainly useful, and definitely should be used more often to determine cheaters. I've toyed with the idea of suggesting PSNP be allowed to require player's full cooperation for various checks like this. 

Stuff similar to this, along with rigorous tests was how Roughdawg4 was caught on Twisted Metal.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 2

Guess I'm late, but I just heard about this from Karl Jobst's video:

I had no idea who any of these top players were, and don't really pay much attention to such things.  But, it is interesting to see how people can cheat for so long only to be found out eventually with new detection methods etc.  Makes we wonder how much more of this kind of stuff is out there still undetected, especially in trophy hunting, which I care about a lot more than speedrunning!

Edited by dmland12
  • Like 1