Trophy Thoughts

1 hour ago, ShadowSigmaX said:

Why are people complaining about the trophies not needing multiple play throughs? There is nothing stopping you from doing another one even after getting the platinum trophy. So many people now days are like "Welp I got the platinum now I can never play this game again." I would love to see some of you guys back before trophies/achievements were a thing. With that being said, R&C is my favorite PlayStation franchise and once I get a PS5 I'll look to add another R&C platinum to my list.

I have platinum Fall Guys and Destruction All-Stars and I’m still playing them. :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShadowSigmaX said:

I would love to see some of you guys back before trophies/achievements were a thing.

This is a terrible arguement. Thats like saying

I would like to see you guys before cellphones were a thing.

Or back when horse and carrages were a means of transportation. 

When you live during those times you have nothing to compare it to lol. 

Back in my day.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

There’s a difference between expecting a challenging list and expecting a list that requires you to at least do everything in the game.

Previous R & C games had easy lists, but they at least required you to find all gold bolts, complete challenge mode, and so on. And since you brought up other first-party games, they are all like that too — even if they’re easy, they still require you to find all collectibles, do all side quests, etc.

This new list doesn’t seem to require that. Only 5 gold bolts, no NG+, no challenge mode, etc. It’s hard to say for sure since the game isn’t out yet, but so far it looks like there will still be a lot left to do after platinuming it. Which seems completely contrary to the point of a platinum, doesn’t it?

I was actually thinking about this the other day. a trophy list should give you everything the game has to offer including difficulty.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

There’s a difference between expecting a challenging list and expecting a list that requires you to at least do everything in the game.

Previous R & C games had easy lists, but they at least required you to find all gold bolts, complete challenge mode, and so on. And since you brought up other first-party games, they are all like that too — even if they’re easy, they still require you to find all collectibles, do all side quests, etc.

This new list doesn’t seem to require that. Only 5 gold bolts, no NG+, no challenge mode, etc. It’s hard to say for sure since the game isn’t out yet, but so far it looks like there will still be a lot left to do after platinuming it. Which seems completely contrary to the point of a platinum, doesn’t it?

Whats stopping anyone from doing all that if they wanted to though? Especially if its a game you enjoy I don't see why the trophies are such a big factor in how thoroughly you'll play it. 

Maybe I'm just out of touch but I'm pretty sure platinums were never created as a way for you to go through everything a game had to offer. Sure majority of games typically have trophies tied to beating the game but there's no absolute blueprint on what they must contain. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Whats stopping anyone from doing all that if they wanted to though? Especially if its a game you enjoy I don't see why the trophies are such a big factor in how thoroughly you'll play it. 

Maybe I'm just out of touch but I'm pretty sure platinums were never created as a way for you to go through everything a game had to offer. Sure majority of games typically have trophies tied to beating the game but there's no absolute blueprint on what they must contain. 

You could flip the roles. If a trophy requires hard difficulty to be completed whats stopping anyone from playing on easy?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

As others have said, trophy images are placeholder images because the list on PSN seems to have been uploaded early by Insomniac without any images assigned to the trophies. I'm sure they will update it in the coming days and we'll refresh the list with the images they add ;) 

the trophy art is up on exophase so people can view it there if that is what is important to them.

3 hours ago, Stephanie Dola said:

People sure love to complain about the games these days.

Well the thread is called Trophy thoughts, and people are sharing their opinions about the trophy list... I don't see anything wrong

By the way, I'm looking forward to play this game and get the Platinum, it's basically one of the few Ps5 games I am actually interested in

Oh, and even if it is just a generic placeholder picture, I actually like the trophy icon that is being used for now :lol: And also the background picture, I love it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

All of the Ratchet & Clank games encouraged you to do another playthrough because of their design. Even the old Ratchet & Clank that I played in my youth on the PS2, I kept playing into NG+/Challenge Mode because the game had something to offer.

By not having the player go through Challenge Mode for the platinum is an insult. That is practically the best thing about Ratchet & Clank games, seeing that bolt multiplier gradually increase is what I loved about them for all these years.

If what you said will be true, this will be the easiest Ratchet & Clank game in the entire series to platinum. They should at least encourage you to do another playthrough. Even Marvel's Spider-Man and Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales make you do this.

3 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Obviously you weren't around when the old trophy standards were put in place.

People who didn't start trophy hunting until My Name is Mayo and Ratalaika got thrown into the mix will generally think "platinums were never created as a way for you to go through everything a game had to offer", according to your own words.

For the entirety of the PS3 generation and for the first half of the PS4 generation, there were trophy standards in place. Indie games were typically 100 percent only titles, most AAA games required you to play on harder difficulty settings.

Ratchet & Clank was never a difficult series. I always appreciated the balance Insomniac had/has, not too easy, not too hard. Should this turn out to be a one playthrough ordeal for the platinum, then this is definitely the easiest game in the entire franchise to finish.

@NathanielJohn hit the nail on the head.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 2