Trophy Thoughts

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I'll never understand the whole "This seems too easy, I'll pass" mentality. 

What, so someone else with less skill might desecrate your platinum by also having it?

Anyone avoiding a game that looks good because they think they'll get the platinum too quickly needs to have a long, hard bath with themselves.

Luckily, it's complete fallacy anyways - dollars to doughnuts everyone who spouts that opinion on a game (any game), has the plat on their profile 6 months later anyways. ?

You are literally arguing against no one. Not one person in this thread has said that they won’t be getting the game because its trophies are too easy.

I’m disappointed in its trophies. I’ll still be getting it day 1 and platinuming it though. So why am I here “complaining”? Because this is literally a forum thread whose sole purpose is giving your opinion on the game’s trophies for crying out loud.

This thread should be some people saying “I dislike X about the trophies” while others say “I like Y about the trophies”. Instead, for some reason, it’s some people saying “I dislike X about the trophies” while others say “lol look at those people giving their opinions on the trophies”.

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

You are literally arguing against no one. Not one person in this thread has said that they won’t be getting the game because its trophies are too easy.

I’m disappointed in its trophies. I’ll still be getting it day 1 and platinuming it though. So why am I here “complaining”? Because this is literally a forum thread whose sole purpose is giving your opinion on the game’s trophies for crying out loud.

You've been on this forum for long enough to know fine well that posts expressing that view pop up on virtually every "Trophy Thoughts" thread where the game seems easy - so please don't pretend you've never seen that sentiment expressed. Whether there is a specific post in this one yet with those exact words is irrelevant - there will be sooner or later.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, offdutysuperhero said:

nobody post anything guys, if you do youre complaining. defeating the purpose of this forum.

Or, alternatively, post whatever you like, and expect some people to agree, some people to disagree, some people to cheer you on, and others to laugh derisively at your point of view, and for the entire spectrum of adult opinion to be on show, in which lots of arguments are put forward, built up and torn down based on their merits...

... like in any open forum? :dunno:

44 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Or, alternatively, post whatever you like, and expect some people to agree, some people to disagree, some people to cheer you on, and others to laugh derisively at your point of view, and for the entire spectrum of adult opinion to be on show, in which lots of arguments are put forward, built up and torn down based on their merits...

... like in any open forum? :dunno:

You are correct but the whole point is to have a dicussion about the trophies or game at hand. Throwing in useless subliminal dead ended one liners is pointless and passive aggressive. I was on topic until the topic got derailed and threw in my own.

Edited by offdutysuperhero

9 hours ago, DessieB93 said:

Pretty sure Insomniac revealed the list themselves, rather than PSProfiles pulling it from Sony's servers yet. 

Oh, the real images are here now. They weren't there before

15 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

People who didn't start trophy hunting until My Name is Mayo and Ratalaika got thrown into the mix will generally think "platinums were never created as a way for you to go through everything a game had to offer", according to your own words.

For the entirety of the PS3 generation and for the first half of the PS4 generation, there were trophy standards in place. Indie games were typically 100 percent only titles, most AAA games required you to play on harder difficulty settings.

Ratchet & Clank was never a difficult series. I always appreciated the balance Insomniac had/has, not too easy, not too hard. Should this turn out to be a one playthrough ordeal for the platinum, then this is definitely the easiest game in the entire franchise to finish

I've been hunting since ps3 this is just a new account and no I still don't think trophies were created as a way for you to go through everything a game has to offer. Trophies or not I would still play whatever game I enjoyed to the fullest regardless. Do I get the most out of certain games because of trophy requirements? Sure but at the same time that doesn't mean I'm gonna play less because of lesser requirements.

Those trophy standards you're on about were never actually standards put in place by Sony but rather just what majority of your typical lists consisted of which then became "the standard list" to trophy hunters. If you have Sony's blueprint on what trophy requirements must consist of then please do send it my way. 

That last statement alone shows you're getting the games themselves mixed up with the trophy list. Ratchet and clank was always easy to finish wether it takes two playthroughs or five for the platinum. Ninja Gaiden for example is notorious for being a difficult game and the trophies simply add to it, take away the trophies and Ninja Gaiden would still remain a difficult game. See where I'm going with this? 

19 hours ago, offdutysuperhero said:

You could flip the roles. If a trophy requires hard difficulty to be completed whats stopping anyone from playing on easy?

Absolutely nothing is stopping you and thats my point... 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Absolutely nothing is stopping you and thats my point... 

Its funny because i never once said im not going to buy a game because its too easy. Would i enjoy challenging trophies? Of course.

Can i post about my thoughts, critisisms or dissatisfaction? Whatever you want to call it. Yes

I know gaming is a hobby for 99% of people. But atleast challenge yourself once and a while.. people dont want to put in the practice or the time to be good at something, they just want hand outs. Im being overdramatic here but i feel its the only way to get the point across.

People only play a game for 4 hours and then go straight to twitter barraging devs to nerf it.

Ive been playing the old resident evils lately and it made me miss gaming before there was a giant arrow telling you exactly where to go and what to do word for word.

All my memorable trophies are the ones that were in the 7/10+ range.

Anyone notice how fall guys skyrocketed to the top of highest recent players because of the infallible glitch? Prooving that alot of people wont play a game for fun but for trophies lol.

i may be in the minority on this.

as an analogy lets say you collect cards, its much more satisfying to collect something that is rare or super rare than to have something that comes in every pack 50%-90% of the time.

Edited by offdutysuperhero
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, offdutysuperhero said:

Its funny because i never once said im not going to buy a game because its too easy. Would i enjoy challenging trophies? Of course.

I know gaming is a hobby for 99% of people. But atleast challenge yourself once and a while.. people dont want to put in the practice or the time to be good at something, they just want hand outs. Im being overdramatic here but i feel its the only way to get the point across.

People only play a game for 4 hours and then go straight to twitter barraging devs to nerf it.

Ive been playing the old resident evils lately and it made me miss gaming before there was a giant arrow telling you exactly where to go and what to do word for word.

All my memorable trophies are the ones that were in the 7/10+ range

Mate you're barking up the wrong tree here I literally don't give a shit if a game I'm interested in is easy or hard and I agree with you about challenging yourself. I'm on about those who seem to need trophies tied to fully exploring a game to do so. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 3

1L5e6600.png

Nice lookin trophy images. I like that the Platinum image has a different color tone. 

I showed my family how the game looks (not gamers) and they couldn't believe it. 

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 3

On 5/23/2021 at 5:12 PM, StanPortrBridges said:

All the R&C games are super easy.

That tends to be the case. Although I remember one or two games having a particular trophy that can be tricky to get. I however am glad that R&C Rift Apart would have a simple trophy list, it cuts down on how much I need to read ahead on the trophy guides to make sure I don't miss anything.

15 hours ago, gypsymuffin said:

I'd of loved to see a trophy for collecting all gold bolts.

It would also be good to see them release a DLC trophy list for completing the game on the hardest difficulty & new game plus/challenge mode.

Cue the inevitable meltdown of completionists...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HusKy said:

https://in.ign.com/playstation-5-1/158910/feature/ratchet-and-clank-rift-apart-ps5-gameplay-platinum-trophy-spiderman-sunset-overdrive-interview

“I can say our trophy design for this game is again, pretty permissive,” he says. “You can achieve it on one playthrough though, you need to be pretty thorough in how you approach the game. So if you've explored the nooks and crannies, if you've engaged with the upgrade systems, then you can get it without an inordinate amount of time invested. I know that this sort of breaks with some of the games of the distant past where we always wanted some crazy stretch trophy that had you doing a bunch of work.”

This is just a poor excuse for making a trophy list overly easy. Honestly this list looks even easier than Marvel's Spider-Man's list, which had you doing New Game Plus and there were some trophies that required a modicum of effort, so it wasn't exactly piss easy. Both it and Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales had perfectly good trophy lists.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart's list basically takes out Challenge Mode out of the whole equation, when practically every single Ratchet & Clank game before it made you do New Game Plus. The one exception was the original Ratchet & Clank, you only needed to buy the Gold weapons, not necessarily do a second playthrough.

Ratchet & Clank 2016 was already fair enough, but the newest title in the series already sounds like it's multitudes easier. If they're going to throw New Game Plus/Challenge Mode trophies as free DLC like Insomniac did with Marvel's Spider-Man, so be it then.

This is more about accessibility and less about trying to challenge the player somewhat. Should this be one of the easiest AAA Sony exclusives to platinum, then I've proven my point.

6 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

I've been hunting since ps3 this is just a new account and no I still don't think trophies were created as a way for you to go through everything a game has to offer. Trophies or not I would still play whatever game I enjoyed to the fullest regardless. Do I get the most out of certain games because of trophy requirements? Sure but at the same time that doesn't mean I'm gonna play less because of lesser requirements.

Those trophy standards you're on about were never actually standards put in place by Sony but rather just what majority of your typical lists consisted of which then became "the standard list" to trophy hunters. If you have Sony's blueprint on what trophy requirements must consist of then please do send it my way. 

That last statement alone shows you're getting the games themselves mixed up with the trophy list. Ratchet and clank was always easy to finish wether it takes two playthroughs or five for the platinum. Ninja Gaiden for example is notorious for being a difficult game and the trophies simply add to it, take away the trophies and Ninja Gaiden would still remain a difficult game. See where I'm going with this?

I don't miss trophy lists from the early PS3 days. Too many games had you playing needless multiplayer for dozens of hours on top of playing single player on the hardest difficulty, usually unfair difficulties because let's face it, game mechanics weren't early as refined and streamlined as they are in today's games. That's how gaming has evolved over time.

You never would of seen 1 minute platinums on their own back in 2012 - 2014. Sure, you had Sound Shapes, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time and Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 which could all be autopopped but you had to finish the games once beforehand, so that wasn't necessarily the same thing.

Devil May Cry V is still a difficult game without trophies. Resident Evil 2 would still be a challenge without a trophy list, but because of it's enduring popularity a lot of people stick with it, so it's easily comparable with the Dark Souls games which are also challenging.

Trophy lists should enhance the satisfaction and allure of playing a game. We both know that they only attract a minority of people and it's always been that way. But for those of us who do enjoy trophy hunting such as myself, the people who design the lists should give us an incentive to explore every nook and cranny. Discovering all the Gold Bolts and doing the Challenge Mode playthrough should of been a requirement for the platinum in Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. Instead, they were tossed out in favor of accessibility and lowering the skill ceiling so that any casual can mop up the platinum trophy.

And whenever I throw out an opinion like this one, people are quick to classify me as an elitist. In this case, I have to side with the elitists. This will still be a fun game, but it would of been even better if they made you do Challenge Mode, which is one of the best features of the Ratchet & Clank games.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

This is just a poor excuse for making a trophy list overly easy. Honestly this list looks even easier than Marvel's Spider-Man's list, which had you doing New Game Plus and there were some trophies that required a modicum of effort, so it wasn't exactly piss easy.

But for those of us who do enjoy trophy hunting such as myself, the people who design the lists should give us an incentive to explore every nook and cranny. Discovering all the Gold Bolts and doing the Challenge Mode playthrough should of been a requirement for the platinum in Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. Instead, they were tossed out in favor of accessibility and lowering the skill ceiling so that any casual can mop up the platinum trophy.

This will still be a fun game, but it would of been even better if they made you do Challenge Mode, which is one of the best features of the Ratchet & Clank games.

You're essentially complaining about a series with a track record for being easy with easy platinums being slightly easier than a bunch of easy games. 

Give us incentive to look for collectibles which serve no real purpose that 99.99% of folks will use a collectibles guide to find, sounds like real exploration. The skill ceiling for these games  along with the overwhelming majority of triple a and indies is already low to where casuals that can be arsed will mop up the platinum trophy. 

On topic though, game looks awesome and I'll get day one. The fact that I may not even need any sort of guide to plat is a bonus to me. 

• Like 1

The amendment is always the same: FIRST THE GAME, then the trophies. The rest is irrelevant and only the trophy hunters care about it. For the others (like me), it's the return of the Legendary Duo with a new Lombax (Ratchet isn't the only one anymore). Strong reasons to buy this new chapter of the series.

• Like 3