NemesisMK2

Insanity trophy

12 posts in this topic

Am I able to do this trophy on a NG+ run does anyone know?

I just finished my first run through, and I want to get the platinum for the trilogy. Just don't know if it has to be a fresh file or not.

Thanks!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Insanity playthrough isn't necessary for the platinum in this release. It's for the "trilogy trophies" which doesn't actually have a plat.

 

Yes, do it on NG+ as you'll keep all of your levels and talents (but you will have to replace those skill points).

 

You do not (AFAIK) keep your research upgrades, including biotic and weapon damage and ship story upgrades; the probe bay and fuel reserves will remain. You will still be able to keep the second weapon talent from specialisation though.

 

ME2 Wiki - NG+ transfer list

Edited by GarryKE
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your replies. I was speaking specifically about ME1, to try and get the trophy for the trilogy list. I got the plat for ME1 last night and was just going to try and speedrun an insanity playthrough today to get the trophy for the trilogy list. Just didn't want to waste my time if it had to be NG instead of NG+, but it seems it can be. I started NG+ and before I even took a step with Shep, I changed it up to insanity. Don't know why they wouldn't ask you if you wanted to change difficulty when you started the NG+, but yeah.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NemesisMK2 said:

Thank you for your replies. I was speaking specifically about ME1, to try and get the trophy for the trilogy list. I got the plat for ME1 last night and was just going to try and speedrun an insanity playthrough today to get the trophy for the trilogy list. Just didn't want to waste my time if it had to be NG instead of NG+, but it seems it can be. I started NG+ and before I even took a step with Shep, I changed it up to insanity. Don't know why they wouldn't ask you if you wanted to change difficulty when you started the NG+, but yeah.

I would have expected to change the difficulty in the main screen before starting the game personally. Was this an option?

 

Hopefully you still get it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NemesisMK2 said:

Thank you for your replies. I was speaking specifically about ME1, to try and get the trophy for the trilogy list. I got the plat for ME1 last night and was just going to try and speedrun an insanity playthrough today to get the trophy for the trilogy list. Just didn't want to waste my time if it had to be NG instead of NG+, but it seems it can be. I started NG+ and before I even took a step with Shep, I changed it up to insanity. Don't know why they wouldn't ask you if you wanted to change difficulty when you started the NG+, but yeah.

As long as you set it to Insanity before stepping off the Normandy onto Eden Prime like you've mentioned, then you are good to go.  In fact, you can "cheese" the insanity trophy because of this.  But over to you if you want to spend the ~6-10 hrs on an insanity run, or just cheese it down in 30 minutes.  I enjoyed ME1, even on insanity.  Mass Effect 2 and 3? That's a different story, lol.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, damcrac5 said:

As long as you set it to Insanity before stepping off the Normandy onto Eden Prime like you've mentioned, then you are good to go.  In fact, you can "cheese" the insanity trophy because of this.  But over to you if you want to spend the ~6-10 hrs on an insanity run, or just cheese it down in 30 minutes.  I enjoyed ME1, even on insanity.  Mass Effect 2 and 3? That's a different story, lol.

May I ask which cheese you speak of?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NemesisMK2 said:

May I ask which cheese you speak of?

Follow the instructions in the post below.  There is a link in Step 1 that shows you how to cheese the first insanity trophy just by selecting insanity on save files and load them in a specific order, but then you can knock out the other two by deleting certain ME Legendary edition data.  Might seem a bit complicated, but it will save you 40-6 hours across the entire series.

 

It is worth noting that if you don't have the save file before the final boss, it is super easy to run through on casual straight to the end and then do the cheese for the trophy.  This can be done much quicker than a full insanity playthrough.

 

Edited by damcrac5
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, damcrac5 said:

As long as you set it to Insanity before stepping off the Normandy onto Eden Prime like you've mentioned, then you are good to go.  In fact, you can "cheese" the insanity trophy because of this.  But over to you if you want to spend the ~6-10 hrs on an insanity run, or just cheese it down in 30 minutes.  I enjoyed ME1, even on insanity.  Mass Effect 2 and 3? That's a different story, lol.

 

I am playing this trilogy for the first time right now and the difficulty of ME2's "insanity" isnt that bad either. So many people were complaining about how hard the horizon mission is but I thought it was fairly easy. That said, I guess that also depends on the class you choose.

Edited by GoDBoss173
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoDBoss173 said:

 

I am playing this trilogy for the first time right now and the difficulty of ME2's "insanity" isnt that bad either. So many people were complaining about how hard the horizon mission is but I thought it was fairly easy. That said, I guess that also depends on the class you choose.

I don't necessarily think insanity is crazy difficult, it just wasn't as enjoyable.  I love mass effect for the lore, the story, and impactful decisions that follow through the three games.  Breaking it up with 15-20 minutes of reloading after deaths during difficult sections just pulled me out of it a bit too much. (At my skill level)  I've got a ton of GREAT games on my backlog I want to get too, and saying I've completed insanity on the 360 on all 3, I don't mind saving some time and just focusing on enjoying the ME universe again.

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Insanity on the first game is not bad at all and highly recommended. In truth none of these games are ruthlessly difficult on Insanity so a decent to average gamer should have no problem with it. It gets much easier as well as you level up and get more skills of course. The only caveat to this would be the Adept class which gets worked pretty hard early in all the games if on Insanity (then turns into a juggernaut later). If you do end up doing this and can't make up your mind on class, Vanguard all the way.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm doing a Vanguard run on Insanity out of the gate. I am not going to lie it was tough at beginning. Eden Prime was easy but that krogan boss you face when going after Liara almost made drop the difficulty and just do it on NG+ but I persevered. It bares repeating to save frequently, the autosaves and checkpoints are not kind to you, shot myself in the foot far too many times because I didn't take 10 seconds to make a save and then lost 10-30 minutes of gameplay. SAVE! 

 

I am now on Virmire and have been mainly using Tali and Liara for my squad, we wreck most things easily. Still easy to die if you get cocky but I am glad I stuck it out and went for Insanity on NG and not NG+.

Edited by da-Noob123
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.