DLC tips

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good tips, especially for 21 Survival+. I've saved up 3 or 4 Destroy cards and they saved my bacon, especially when Hoffman decides to put up 4 2-Up cards or a 24/27 Count Card. It was actually funny to see him backpedal and try to use a Return card after he busted when I changed the count back to 21.

EDIT:

I was going to post this in the other thread, but that one is closed now. I recommend unlocking Harvest, Trump Switch+, Ultimate, and Perfect Draw cards. Harvest can easily fill up your inventory if you play it before using 2 or 3 2-Up cards to knock out Hoffman, I also recommend using a Trump Switch+ at this point too if you have the space. In one round I easily filled up my Inventory while forcing Hoffman to bust when I exchanged cards at the end.

If any of you don't know, the last opponent tends to use the Oblivion card to end the round early and restart a new one, usually when he's about to lose. So try to not use up all of your Trump cards by then. Make sure to check and see if you can win against Hoffman with the cards you have already before trying to get rid of Dead Silence if he uses it. I didn't need to get rid of Dead Silence since I already had 21 and Hoffman had enough bets racked up against him to take him out.

Edited by dakk55

• 3 weeks later...

I got so lucky with the survival+ trophy that I can't even believe it.

I was 1 point away from dead and Undead Hoffman used a perfect draw so he had a 21 and I was busted with 24 with no more trump cards to play but on the next round I got a 24 trump card so I played it and the AI was forced to draw another one which ended up busting him lmao.

Ended up with my 24 against his 26. Hate cassino trophies, Im so glad I got them "easily".

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Got through Survival + without any damage.

AI on the first opponent is terrible and I suspect it's on purpose. Draw as many times as possible and build up your trump card deck on this guy. Use that to coast through the other 9. 

You'll also face off against the shield focused opponent at some point and they constantly use the card that gives both players a free trump. I went out of my way to throw rounds and use my extra shields to avoid damage, while replacing cards.

Assume the opponent always has 21 and disrupt them. It's a very easy game mode, no actual luck involved once you have your trumps stockpiled.

Edited by VigilantCrow

• 4 months later...

For completing End of Zoe using only your fists just start a playthrough on Normal, die a few times and when the game asks if you want to lower the difficulty answer yes and then just complete the playthrough. For some reason it still counts as a Normal difficulty run even though it's much easier, at least it did for me and i got the trophy.

Edited by Janire1911
  • Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 7:08 PM, Janire1911 said:

For completing End of Zoe using only your fists just start a playthrough on Normal, die a few times and when the game asks if you want to lower the difficulty answer yes and then just complete the playthrough. For some reason it still counts as a Normal difficulty run even though it's much easier, at least it did for me and i got the trophy.

I did this also on my first blind play through.

Just finished End of Zoe on Joe Must Die, found it pretty tough considering guide says 4/10. I went to cemetery with no nail bombs which I regretted as took me ages to punch the two fat molded to death

5 hours ago, bethharmon said:

Just finished End of Zoe on Joe Must Die, found it pretty tough considering guide says 4/10. I went to cemetery with no nail bombs which I regretted as took me ages to punch the two fat molded to death

I started my Joe Must Die run yesterday and I agree it's definitely not 4/10, more like 7/10 or 8/10, it took me over an hour just to finish the first section and I never would've been able to do it without a guide. Madhouse difficulty in the base game is nothing compared to this.

On 24.5.2021 at 1:22 AM, bebecaow said:

Ethan Must Die

I watched a lot of video guides for this, and I think this is the best one. A lot of trial and error goes into this, but once you make it all the way to the boss fight you should be able to kill Marguerite easily.

Finally managed to complete this today and I agree the hard part is getting to Marguerite, when I finally got to the end I killed her on my first attempt. Use a good guide (personally I used this one by MrReign) and once you've learned the path to take and the tricks and strats to use just keep trying and you'll get it eventually.

Edited by Janire1911