Bronze 100 hours, Bronze 1000 times

You

1 hour ago, NMErickson said:

It’s pretty sad when you put it that way. For me, I recently came to the decision that fun and quality>quantity for my trophies and I deleted 90% of my unplayed easy completion games from Rata, Sometimes You, EastAsia, various, etc. There were dozens, maybe a hundred. Money down the drain. Deleted not because they’re cheap or easy, but because I’d only be playing them for easy points, nothing else, and I’m a busy family man. I did keep a handful of some better looking ones I’m interested in trying, that look fun, or might have replay value. That’s just me and I don’t judge others how they want to get their trophies. To each their own :)

I bought the full Capcom Arcade Stadium bundle knowing what the trophies were like. Sure, the set is disappointing and they could have done so much more with it but I’m ready to have some with it. I completed that old Capcom Cabinet one and am a sucker for the retro classics. Reminds me of the recently released Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance. Terrible list but is one of my favorite games and a must play.

And as far as this $1 Invincibility DLC goes, man I wish could have pumped 4 quarters in the machine for that back in the day at the arcade. Some games took so many of my quarters.

Yes, I'm also completely happy with Capcom's 30th anniv Street Fighter collection and Belt Action collection because I wanted to play those games, I'm interested in playing the games rather than trophies.

However in the case of this Arcade Stadium collection I already have 95% of the games listed on this collection in both Capcom's 30th anniv collection and Belt Action on PS4 and the rest on VIta via the old Capcom Classic collection. I mean I'd probably question my purchasing reasons even if the game had a platinum but since it is has ridiculous 100 hour playing requirements for only bronzes, and bit part DLC upgrades, seems like a waste of money since you aren't getting any new games.

Edited by enaysoft

59 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Yes, I'm also completely happy with Capcom's 30th anniv Street Fighter collection and Belt Action collection because I wanted to play those games, I'm interested in playing the games rather than trophies.

However in the case of this Arcade Stadium collection I already have 95% of the games listed on this collection in both Capcom's 30th anniv collection and Belt Action on PS4 and the rest on VIta via the old Capcom Classic collection. I mean I'd probably question my purchasing reasons even if the game had a platinum but since it is has ridiculous 100 hour playing requirements for only bronzes, and bit part DLC upgrades, seems like a waste of money since you aren't getting any new games.

True, it is like playing the same titles three, four or more times across the different consoles and collections. I do like the clean interface of this one and unique game options I hadn’t seen in other collections. $41 + tax for everything was a bit high though.

But yes it is a very trophy-unfriendly game. Besides the Bronze problem is the 100 hour and CapcoMaster trophies. CapcoMaster requires the highest rank and when I looked it was 100,000,000 Caspo (XP) needed. For me, a half hour of casual play earned 10,000 XP. If you’re good at the games you can get a lot points through playing the different score challenges. After one day the top of the leaderboard was mostly 100k, a few 200k, and first place had ~300,000 XP. I’m thinking CapcoMaster will take much longer unless the upcoming events payout huge amounts of Caspo.

Edited by NMErickson

3 minutes ago, NMErickson said:

True, it is like playing the same titles three, four or more times across the different consoles and collections. I do like the clean interface of this one and unique game options I hadn’t seen in other collections though. $40 for everything was a bit high though.

I've only bought PS3's D&D and Final Fight games, so $1.25 per games I mostly don't own seems like a good deal.  I hope pack 4 is announced soon. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, nakayuri7 said:

I've only bought PS3's D&D and Final Fight games, so $1.25 per games I mostly don't own seems like a good deal.  I hope pack 4 is announced soon. 

Absolutely. No doubt this is great value for you. There’s a lot of great games to discover on here. I hope we get Magic Sword and Black Tiger down the line.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, lordzeze said:

For anyone thinking about getting the invincibility dlc I believe it disables trophies as on the PSN store there is a in game screenshot that says using invincibility disables triumphs which is what the trophies are tied to.

Can anyone confirm this??

I did 100% in Capcom Arcade Cabinet and I will do it too, I don't mind that there is no platinum. but I must agree that the list is pathetic and not very creative; there are not even unique trophies for unique games. the 100-hour grind is expected to be extremely boring for anyone trying to comply with the included free game (1943) plus the only really challenging trophies appear to be "Clear a game on the highest difficulty setting." and "In one play session, gain X CASPO while playing Score Challenge or Timed Challenge mode." A waste of potential, I expected unique trophies for all the games as there is in the first collection, I hope this will be added in the near future. Regardless, the completion of that title will certainly be a UR.

1 hour ago, lordzeze said:

For anyone thinking about getting the invincibility dlc I believe it disables trophies as on the PSN store there is a in game screenshot that says using invincibility disables triumphs which is what the trophies are tied to.

This is pathetic, why the fuck there is a dlc for invincibility? This could be a bonus that you unlock in-game or anything, but a dlc for that ???? damn, if it affects the trophies I will be very disappointed

Actually, I'm pretty sure the 100 hour trophy will be easy to grind out. On Final Fight or Captain Commando you can just start the game kill the first few enemies and just stand there and let the time run down. You can probably bump up your lives to about 3 or 4 per credit on Final Fight and it takes a few minutes for the timer to count down and kill you each life. So you're looking at having to join back in once every 10-15 minutes, nursing the game while you play on your other console, watch a movie etc.

Actually I don't even think Captain Commando has time at all, and you can probably give yourself 99 lives on the 3 or 4 player cabinet versions. Not sure if you get punished for standing in Captain Commando, maybe some enemies come and kill you.

Perhaps it might even be more ridiculous and you can just start a game and stay on the attract mode screen for 100 hours.

This 100% is ridiculous, unless your really dedicated to retro games your not going to get to 100 hours naturally. 

I downloaded this simply because 1943 was the free game, anything else like the free ps plus addition is just a bonus in my eyes.

However as much as I like games like 1943 , I cannot play one for 100 hours.

While this is for Capcom Arcade Cabinet, I imagine you can get the 100 hours trophy using this exploit from Pirate Ship Higemaru:

Just box yourself in and the pirates will run around aimlessly and endlessly.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

While this is for Capcom Arcade Cabinet, I imagine you can get the 100 hours trophy using this exploit from Pirate Ship Higemaru:

Just box yourself in and the pirates will run around aimlessly and endlessly.

That sounds very similar to the music off Atari's Toobin'

Now though you have to buy pack 1... lol

I started playing Ghosts N’ Goblins and made it to stage 5 only losing one life using the rewind feature (MANY MANY times!). Then it dawned on me that after beating Stage 6 you have to play through the whole thing again to complete the game so I quit ?

I just don’t have the patience for that sort of thing anymore (especially for a bronze trophy), it was so frustrating!

I guess I’ll go for the ‘complete a game’ trophy with something like Final Fight instead.

Edited by Jimmy947

2 hours ago, Jimmy947 said:

I started playing Ghosts N’ Goblins and made it to stage 5 only losing one life using the rewind feature (MANY MANY times!). Then it dawned on me that after beating Stage 6 you have to play through the whole thing again to complete the game so I quit 1f602.png

I just don’t have the patience for that sort of thing anymore (especially for a bronze trophy), it was so frustrating!

I guess I’ll go for the ‘complete a game’ trophy with something like Final Fight instead.

Capcom made a sale from you then.

I don't think it's worthy to consume your PlayStation lifespan trying to get those trophies. Unless you really like to play those games you will get them eventually. Trying to grind? Better to play other games, we all have a huge backlog to be played. 

• Like 2