Console Commands w/ Trophies

After doing some research, It seems there is some confusion to how Console Commands interacts with trophies. Console commands disable trophies. After some testing, I have found that some don't disable trophies after a save and reload and others do. Currently, I was able to make the penguin trophy pop after turning no damage on and then save and reload. Then I was able to make the snowfox trophy pop after using Bob the Builder then save and reload. The two commands I was testing that did not allow trophies to pop after a save and reload were the nocost command and the item command. I used both of these commands to create the material and then save, reload and create the Penguin. No Trophy.

To Summarize:

Save and reload works with Trophies

---------------------------------------------------------------

bobthebuilder

nodamage

Save and reload does not work with Trophies

---------------------------------------------------------------

nocost

item

I have not tested these with story progression, but have tested them with penguin and snowfox. I plan to use bobthebuilder to build my gear and then finish the game. I will update if bobthebuilder doesn't mess that up.

Update 1: I have now unlocked the Cold Suit Trophy.

Final Update: Plated the game.

Edited by Greyendar
Updating format
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

If it works like regular Subnautica does, then all commands classified as “cheats” disable trophies, while everything else doesn’t.

In Subnautica 1, it’ll say “xxxx cheat set to true” where xxxx is the name of the command, for example it’ll say “no cost cheat is now true” if you used the no cost command. All the no damage, oxygen, no cost, fast build, bobthebuilder, etc. are cheats. Bobthebuilder is actually several cheats in one; it gives you most of the tools, turns on no cost and fast build, AND unlocks all blueprints.

In general, if you make sure to disable any cheats/commands before doing something that unlocks a trophy, then it should be fine. But if you use a cheat to give yourself something that awards a trophy upon receiving that item, it won’t work. Like if you used the command to give yourself a cyclops or seamoth in Subnautica, it won’t pop those trophies. You have to actually legitimately build them.

You can, however give yourself the materials to build them through cheats, then disable all cheats and build the items and it’ll pop the trophies.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2021 at 3:58 PM, CookeKeyes said:

You can, however give yourself the materials to build them through cheats, then disable all cheats and build the items and it’ll pop the trophies.

This is not true. I tested this and commented on this in my original post.

The two commands I was testing that did not allow trophies to pop after a save and reload were the nocost command and the item command. I used both of these commands to create the material and then save, reload and create the Penguin. No Trophy.

Edited by Greyendar
Updating Format