What's your dream Platinum (that prob won't happen)?

Progi_proteus

• 1 year later...

Motorstorm Pacific Rift - it just makes me cry that there is no online anymore, so no online trophies for me :(

Same here, i loved Pacific Rift. When i heard about the closing of the servers i intended to boost the trophies, but due to not having enough time (and wanting to play other games) i only reached rank 3 =( If only i boosted a little more, i could've had this shiny UR. Sad times.

Aside from Pacific Rift, I really want the Mirror's Edge platinum. I could probably do the speed runs through trial and error, just need to sit down for a while and focus on them. Alas i have too many other fun games to focus on :P Some others on my list are, blur/Mass Effect 2/P4G/Hyperdimension Neptunia and Dark Souls. They're all fairly doable, just need to make some time to focus on them.

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 2

From games that I have started: DJ hero, Mortal Kombat, Killzone 2. I think Killzone 2 is doable as long as I can get some solid boosting in for the valor trophies

From games still sitting on the shelf: Far Cry 2, Crysis 2, Twisted Metal. I would love to start these but the reminder of glitchy/heavy grinding really puts me off so I dont know if I will ever bother

Ah, yes. This. Truth be told, I have a lot of these. My schedule is so busy most of the time that I barely have time to play games, much less trophy hunt in them. One or two play-throughs is the most I can expect so that automatically rules out most difficulty based trophies and their accompanying game. But there is another breed of games that stops me: grind based ones.

For me, the one I want most (but will probably never get) is...

L0e0431.png

1L7314c8.png

I Will Transcend All
Obtain all trophies.

It may sound trite or ridiculous, but I really am a Sosuke Aizen fan -- not necessarily a Bleach fan, but... -- and this trophy's title just screams "I am better than you!" to me. That being said, it is also the platinum trophy for its game... A game notorious for pointless grinding and cheap game-play. It is okay, but I just do not have the time to grind for this so I will, sadly, probably never get this.

Possibly Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. All I need are the character challenges and my closest needs five left. The problem is, they're the last challenges left which are the most difficult. I also feel like noting that I suck at combo challenges. Such a shame too because I really loved the game itself.

• Like 1

Child of Eden  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Don't ever buy a game because it has a <1% plat percentage. There's a good reason it's so low. I don't know how anyone can even play that game let alone earn the trophies. Worst $10 I've ever spent... Probably won't even try it again, but never say never (good song by The Fray btw, for anyone who gets that reference, I applaud you)

So far I've never come across a game I couldn't platinum (unless you count Devil May Cry 4, which has in-game trophies, and X360 games, where I couldn't 100% Naruto: Rise of a Ninja because of the insanely difficult online trophies).

For the longest time, my hardest to plat game was Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood because of the insanely difficult online trophies and the dying population of the multiplayer servers. Finally got it this past February after finding about the gaming sessions feature on the site, but it still took lots of grinding and coordination.

I do have Persona 4 Arena Ultimax on my backlog and wonder if I'm going to be able to plat that one too. I mean, I did plat Catherine and the P4AU's rarity is slightly lower, but... online trophies in a fighting game?... Never a good combination...