Giovanni help

buttnutdude1

So I'm having trouble getting giovanni to ecstatic mood. I got Mikey and Bruce out of there so they stop bullying everyone. I only have Astrid, Gustav, giovanni and Elena on board. I haven't had any trouble with anyone else. I give him his beef fondue and alternate it with a stimulant and top it with a hug when he wants one. I'm at the point where I have to tell or keep his night excursions a secret from Astrid. I didn't want to progess past that without knowing if that's like a point of no return for his mood. I would imagine building his house/lounge can make the difference to boost his mood. Everything I see online makes it seem like he's not an issue to get to ecstatic what's so ever so I'm really just at a lose here. Any tips at all would be awesome 

In my experience, he is a pain to get to ecstatic mood. Only thing I can recommend you is consistency and building/improving his lounge. 

Keep alternating between his favorite food and something else he likes, keep hugging him, etc. It may take multiple in-game days, but at some point you'll just get it. It's just a matter of time. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Since I'm also playing Spiritfarer at the moment and can understand where the OP was coming from in their worry about how to get Giovanni to Ecstatic, here are a few more tips in case anyone is worried about this particular spirit. Some information below could be considered spoilers so I'd recommend only reading through it before you visit Oxbury as part of Astrid's quest "I Have My Doubts":

• First off, I recommend telling Astrid the truth towards the end of "I Have My Doubts" (this will also get you the Loose Lips trophy) because otherwise Giovanni is going to get -2 to his Mood for lying to her. While I wasn't able to confirm if the decrease is temporary or permanent, it's better not to risk a potentially game-spanning penalty to his Mood.
  • However, if you decide to tell her the truth, Giovanni will move out of Astrid's house to the Lounge. This means he won't get bonuses from Astrid's house upgrades and since the Lounge cannot be upgraded with anything, the most you'll get is +2 for a "nice house" bonus where normally you'd get +4 for all upgrades.
  • It's highly recommended to have Atul or Gustav on the ship. Atul's joyful music perk from his Ecstatic Mood will add +3 to Giovanni's Mood and is the key to get him to Ecstatic. Gustav plays happy music when he's Happy so no need to get him to Ecstatic for the same bonus. Giovanni doesn't need to be standing next to Atul or Gustav while they're playing music, as long as they play it, the bonus will get applied regardless of where on the ship Giovanni is.
  • While Bruce & Mickey are on the ship, Giovanni will get -1 for being bullied. There's nothing much you can do about that because to get these two off the ship, you'll need to go through their quests one of which asks you to travel to an area covered in mist for which you'll need Mist Cleaner 1000. This is an upgrade requiring 3 Spirit Flowers which you may not have at that point in the game.
  • Alternate feeding Giovanni stimulants (coffee, tea) and Beef Fondue, his favorite food because a spirit won't eat the same thing twice. For Beef Fondue, you'll need beef (which you can buy in Oxbury) and fat (oil) which you can get by putting olives or sunflower seeds in the Crusher. Also hug him for a temporary bonus.
  • A combination of nice house (+2), favorite meal (+2), enjoying Atul's/Gustav's happy music (+3) and the temporary hug bonus (+2) should be enough to get him to Ecstatic. Bear in mind that as long as the Ecstatic icon is highlighted in the Status menu, you got it even if the "light ball" indicator is not directly on top of the Ecstatic face icon. It's a bit hard to describe without seeing it in game but as long as the Ecstatic icon is highlighted, you're good.

I hope this is helpful to someone.

• Like 2