It's time to kill Chaos

19 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

You want a remaster of this?

Perhaps, I did not have the chance to play that one. But I meant a sequel set in that world. I am quite interested in the Lore of the Occuria and how they were constantly meddling in the affairs of the mortals. Considering that in the events of FFXII, the main party finally freed Ivalice from the manipulations of the Occuria, but the Occuria themselves are still around apparently. I wouldn't mind a game set decades or centuries after FFXII to show how much Ivalice had changed without the influence of the Occuria.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dakk55 said:

Perhaps, I did not have the chance to play that one. But I meant a sequel set in that world. I am quite interested in the Lore of the Occuria and how they were constantly meddling in the affairs of the mortals. Considering that in the events of FFXII, the main party finally freed Ivalice from the manipulations of the Occuria, but the Occuria themselves are still around apparently. I wouldn't mind a game set decades or centuries after FFXII to show how much Ivalice had changed without the influence of the Occuria.

There is stuff out there (from a dev) that presents Final Fantasy Tactics as being thousands of years in the future of FF12. Some big event destroying civilisation and wiping out their knowledge of advanced technology. So if we go by that then you got your future of FF12 in FFT and also to your question of what the world of FF12 looks like without the Ocuria dominating it. Without the Ocuria to hold them down the espers of darkness eventually mess everything up, likely you imagine resulting in the big cataclysmic event that set technology back and perhaps killed the Ocuria too. 

Recently however with FF14 they did do something with Ivalice where it was... a sort of alternate Ivalice where you had FF12 plot elements like the invasion of Dalmasca instead done by FF14's evil empire, with Gabranth spearheading it as their commander in the region instead of being one for Arcadia like in FF12. In that one it is established that FFT is set in the past of FF12.

All in all, fun if you want to believe it I think but like the FF10-FF7 connection, you can just ignore it as nonsense if you want.

1 hour ago, Rozalia1 said:

There is stuff out there (from a dev) that presents Final Fantasy Tactics as being thousands of years in the future of FF12. Some big event destroying civilisation and wiping out their knowledge of advanced technology. So if we go by that then you got your future of FF12 in FFT and also to your question of what the world of FF12 looks like without the Ocuria dominating it. Without the Ocuria to hold them down the espers of darkness eventually mess everything up, likely you imagine resulting in the big cataclysmic event that set technology back and perhaps killed the Ocuria too. 

Recently however with FF14 they did do something with Ivalice where it was... a sort of alternate Ivalice where you had FF12 plot elements like the invasion of Dalmasca instead done by FF14's evil empire, with Gabranth spearheading it as their commander in the region instead of being one for Arcadia like in FF12. In that one it is established that FFT is set in the past of FF12.

All in all, fun if you want to believe it I think but like the FF10-FF7 connection, you can just ignore it as nonsense if you want.

True enough. Everyone's got their preferences for Final Fantasy and how it all connects. Still better than the Legend of Zelda timeline, that one is more tangled than an Alabamian family tree. 

I'm already pretty excited for XVI, so something like this would also be really exciting to me if done well. ?

24 minutes ago, dakk55 said:

Still better than the Legend of Zelda timeline, that one is more tangled than an Alabamian family tree. 

Eh, not really.

People just overcomplicate/oversimplify it, or get too worked up over small inconsistencies that are clearly just the result of elements being added or altered in later games.

Edited by Zephrese

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually really excited for this, more so than I am for FF16 (speaking of which, surprised there was no news on that).

I really enjoyed Nioh and while I'm not as big of a FF fan as I used to be, this weird little spin-off seems like it'll be enjoyable. Seems like it might be some kind of re-imagining of the first Final Fantasy? Either way, definitely something I'm likely to actually play close to launch for once.

This looks super edgy. It's made by the Nioh team, so it'll probably be fun, but I'm sure the story will be laughable. Seems like they're once again re-imagining the first game. I'm sure there'll be a twist where Garland joins you to fight the "real" Chaos though.

I think this will be pretty good. There's clearly something we don't know, as these are implied to be the Warriors Of Light yet..their behavior and thirst for battle and death are definitely opposite of what that would represent. Yeah, they say Chaos alot, but I interpret it as the characters almost on a bloodlust and brainwashed, hard wired for this goal of fighting this evil, the Chaos, almost to the point where it drives them mad and they deviate from their goals. Idk still too early to tell but I feel like this is going to have an interesting take on the fabled heroic quests of the warriors of Light. I'm excited to see more about it

Gotta admit, when they announced Team Ninja was making a Final Fantasy, I was kinda hoping it would be something with similar gameplay to Dissidia but not a fighting game. Or something with the depth of Opera Omnia (their other two FF’s)... Was not expecting a Dark Souls remake of FF1.

Probably skip this one since Souls style games aren’t my cup of tea, but hopefully it turns out good for the people that like that stuff.

11 minutes ago, The_Kopite said:

Just give the fans what they want - Final Fantasy I-VI on consoles please Square Enix!

Edit - Yes I know those games are already on consoles lol but man I would play the hell out of these classics all over again for those shiny platinums! 

Let me have a Final Fantasy V plat.  The Steam port of the phone app has a "Plat" trophy.  They could just copy paste that list.

Edited by Ilzaki
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, The_Kopite said:

Just give the fans what they want - Final Fantasy I-VI on consoles please Square Enix!

Edit - Yes I know those games are already on consoles lol but man I would play the hell out of these classics all over again for those shiny platinums! 

I was watching the presentation and was thinking to myself "oh nice, they're porting these to modern consoles-oh wait, Steam and... Mobile"

Kinda sucks, definitely not going to bother rebuying them on those platforms, there's no plats in it for me after all. I'll stick to my PSP, PS1 and GBA versions thank you.

• Like 1