It's time to kill Chaos

37 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

"Garland. My name is JACK Garland."

Perfection. Can't wait for the sequels with Emperor Steve and Brian Exdeath.

I can't wait for the revelation in FF7 Remake Part 2 that Cloud's father's name was Claudio.

Edited by Lance_87

Word is that the office in Japan gave the order that the word Chaos was to not be said in this new release they've put out in the west (Japanese release had Chaos apparently), however the game is now being memed (positively) due to the hilarity of Jack after hearing a speech straight out of Kingdom Hearts from the female party member looking at her for a short bit, saying bullshit, and then leaving after putting on some music on his phone.

CHAOS helped the game a bunch but now I'm seeing a lot of positivity due to the new stuff they put out. This was a game that nobody wanted but now has people looking forward to it so the marketing is working. The game is expected to play well due to who is making it and if the entire story is keeps this "I don't care/You make no sense/Bullshit" energy then people will like the story too as anyone who has heard plenty of generic JRPG melodrama is going to like a hero who just calls it out as nonsense. 

On 01/10/2021 at 11:22 PM, ShadowReplicant said:

"Garland. My name is JACK Garland."

Perfection. Can't wait for the sequels with Emperor Steve and Brian Exdeath.

The first Final Fantasy villain being called Jack Garland is pretty funny if you think about it. Apparently they've only put that in the open as western fans worked it out instantly. It was supposed to be twist which... very odd. Jack being Garland was so blatantly obvious that I don't know how to make sense of the idea that it was supposed to be a twist. Are Japanese fans just ones that don't examine media at all? Or do devs think Japanese fans are idiots? They have to have an actual twist lined up though for the end as Jack being Garland is act 1 stuff. My guess is it'll turn out that Jack is also the FF1 WoL so Garland is both the hero and villain of FF1. 

As for the other villains. Emperor's name is Mateus, so you could say you already have Emperor Mat. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

The first Final Fantasy villain being called Jack Garland is pretty funny if you think about it. Apparently they've only put that in the open as western fans worked it out instantly. It was supposed to be twist which... very odd. Jack being Garland was so blatantly obvious that I don't know how to make sense of the idea that it was supposed to be a twist. Are Japanese fans just ones that don't examine media at all? Or do devs think Japanese fans are idiots? They have to have an actual twist lined up though for the end as Jack being Garland is act 1 stuff. My guess is it'll turn out that Jack is also the FF1 WoL so Garland is both the hero and villain of FF1. 

These are the same people who though Seymour being the villain in FF X was supposed to be a plot twist lol

7 hours ago, DesmaBR said:

These are the same people who though Seymour being the villain in FF X was supposed to be a plot twist lol

That is so unbelievable I'd only believe it if there was hard evidence like with Jack Garland. I mean the man has this as a theme:

He looks evil. He talks in a disingenuous polite manner which some villains do. His signature aeon is a straight up hell beast that looks evil. Tidus in his narration lets us know that "he never liked the guy". Auron who knows what is up in the story doesn't trust the guy. You can not make it anymore obvious the guy is a villain. 

Speaking of obvious stuff. A piece of promotional artwork for Stranger of Paradise is this:

sop_ffo_art-bzyoksi9u.jpg?quality=65

Maybe Square Enix heard loud and clear all the people that complained about 13's codexs and the like and now are all in on making things as obvious as possible. 

On another note that is not spoilerish but is nice is all the character names are within 4 letters. FF1 having a 4 letter cap for names of your heroes. So the obvious in the image could be true, but they could due to time nonsense also be the WoL.

As for what they may have ready to spring on people beyond what is in the promotional material. There are a couple of FF1 stuff out there that has been added in all the re-releases and the Dissidias. 

Omega - Is a FF1 superboss. Dissidia Chaos was created to stop some evil empire who had loads of monsters, warmechs, and Omega as their top fighter. As such Omega has to have serious power to where it could show up as a villain here. Unlikely but maybe an optional/DLC boss where they go to a stage which is the world overrun by Omega and his monster minions. 

Dissidia Chaos - People have remarked that some areas look like ones from other FFs and some of those game's music is also present. As such not impossible that Dissidia Chaos is involved in some manner.

Shinryu - Is a FF1 superboss. Feeds off time loops so FF1 is prime property. Will they follow up the newest Dissidia with having him here though? I'd think unlikely.

Chronodia - FF1 superboss but the most obscure one. Clearly above Chaos considering she at her strongest is in the process of absorbing him and the four fiends. I'd say the most likely if the final fight ends up not being Chaos. 

• 2 months later...

Square Enix will host the live stream “Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin – Final Fantasy Birthday” on December 18 at 7:00 am, the company announced. You can watch it on YouTube.

Edited by ziggypossum
CHAOS
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 1:33 PM, Cloud_Squall78 said:

It's not the trophy list, but maybe the list of Epic Achievements will give us a good idea of what to expect?

https://www.exophase.com/game/stranger-of-paradise-final-fantasy-origin-epic/achievements/

Of course there are some tied to CHAOS.

Wish there had been some reference to CHAOS in the platinum. 

• 1 month later...

I've been playing the new demo almost non-stop fighting the first boss holy crap that was rough but I've already mastered two classes unlocked like six and I am loving the demo I hope it carries over like what fall of Babylon did.

Definitely going to aim for farming animal crystals and maxing all jobs before the game drops

I'm getting really strong nioh vibes from this along with the souls-esque gameplay mix in with ff job system 

This will be my new crack ?

Edited by Blackmist_FFXI

12 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Demo has been a great time. Only hope now is that the list won't be a joke

Going off what was posted up above the epic link it might be most the trophies look to be complete chapter unlock a job unlock X jobs max out a job using ability using item etc etc etc and if that's the case then I've already unlocked half the trophy list minus missions but I don't care I'm actually really enjoying the game I think it's the most fun I've had in a game for a minute

the PS5 trophy tracker has pointed towards similar list with completing chapters at the minimum

Eager to see how the full game will turn out and based off what I played I'd say the combat is pretty good but man the graphics are ashy as hell. Not sure if they had low budget or it's the style they were going for but it looks rather off visually.

Edited by BrandedBerserk

Anyone else think the demo was, to be quite frank, not that good? Everything felt super clunky & the pacing was super awful, especially at the start where I swear to god I got whiplash trying to follow a long. Not to mention the many fade to black "& then they went & did this" scenes the game has as well as the many time skips with no connections what so ever at such a fast pace.

The game also being a game where you just select missions from an over world map with no hub whatsoever feels so lazy as well & feels so extremely dated. Like, that menu navigation to select missions feels like it's straight out of a mobile game.

I'm also not one to normally shit on graphics or call it out, but this game manages to somehow look worse than Final Fantasy 15. I don't know if that's what they were going for with the style, but some of the ends of textures are just so blurry, especially the scene where Jack goes up to the Innkeeper.

Overall, I couldn't even stomach to finish the demo. I got the the second town but I just couldn't take it anymore. I honestly think this game could possibly rival worst FF title I've played if the full game doesn't change from the demo whatsoever. Only positive things I have to say about it is the story seems like it'll be interesting & the characters are somewhat interesting, but that's about it.

Edited by ObsiEez
  • Like 1

I played a bit of the demo and liked it. I was planning to buy this game on release but then I saw that there is a complete edition including a season pass. Is there already a DLC roadmap for this game? If it’s going to turn into FFXV, with many DLC’s, I might wait until all DLC is released..