It's time to kill Chaos

On 29/05/2021 at 6:50 PM, dakk55 said:

Perhaps, I did not have the chance to play that one. But I meant a sequel set in that world. I am quite interested in the Lore of the Occuria and how they were constantly meddling in the affairs of the mortals. Considering that in the events of FFXII, the main party finally freed Ivalice from the manipulations of the Occuria, but the Occuria themselves are still around apparently. I wouldn't mind a game set decades or centuries after FFXII to show how much Ivalice had changed without the influence of the Occuria.

Final Fantasy Tactics (or the War of the Lions remake), Tactics Advance, Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, and (unofficially) Vagrant Story are all set in Ivalice which was created by Yasumi Matsuno (he also worked on Tactics, Vagrant Story, and XII) and have several recurring characters between them. They are also very good story-wise (especially the first Tactics game) if you indeed want something similar to XII in that regard.

1 hour ago, Ilzaki said:

Let me have a Final Fantasy V plat.  The Steam port of the phone app has a "Plat" trophy.  They could just copy paste that list.

There you go! It's so easy for them to do, and would make so many fans happy and them happy with all the cash they'd get lol

1 hour ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I was watching the presentation and was thinking to myself "oh nice, they're porting these to modern consoles-oh wait, Steam and... Mobile"

Kinda sucks, definitely not going to bother rebuying them on those platforms, there's no plats in it for me after all. I'll stick to my PSP, PS1 and GBA versions thank you.

Well said ?

First time I experienced IV, V and VI was the GBA versions as a matter of fact.

• Like 3

On 29/05/2021 at 3:26 PM, dakk55 said:

True enough. Everyone's got their preferences for Final Fantasy and how it all connects. Still better than the Legend of Zelda timeline, that one is more tangled than an Alabamian family tree. 

Zelda timeline isnt complicated. There are 3 paths... essentially. Here..

uh6omnybcly51.png

at least in a sense they are all connected sort of.

As for on topic, i downloaded the Trial, its good till the 24th so i will play it maybe. Still undecided. Its Team Ninja, they do listen to fans. Only thing they have done was remove living weapons in Nioh 2. could have had both implemented somehow i am sure.

I didn't see during the trailer if this was a semi open world game, or will be level based. FF i would prefer open.

my guess of Est release date... March 2022. Which is generally when Ninja release their latest big ones. Nioh 1 was feb, Nioh 2 was March, Nioh ps5 was Feb.

So i expect this Q1. 2022. I'm excited. 

Elden Ring in Jan, Pokemon Arceus, this following after... 2022 lookin to be off to a good start.

Looked and sounded horrible. One of those trailers that make the game look terrible to the point that people are coming up with all sorts of theories to hope for it to be something better, like how it could be a Isekai, that the 3 characters we've seen will be killed within an hour and replaced by Warrior of Light with the main guy perhaps becoming Garland too... you get the idea.

Positive elements. Character can swap between two jobs on the fly. Equipment might change appearance, hard to say as one of the clothes the main character gets in is the same as one of his friends... could be classes have set clothes so if two characters have the same main class they wear the same clothes. There are 4 warriors of light so there may be a 4th character that joins later in the game, likely a woman... perhaps Princess Sarah who does the voice over introducing Garland as FF1 starts with you saving her from Garland, and also Sarah's VA is a notable one and it would seem strange for them to get Cherami Leigh to voice a couple of lines at the start of the game and then disappear. 

FF1 does have time travel so having future looking people in a fantasy world isn't crazy in itself, though if you do that you do need to communicate what is going on as otherwise you will see the rejection the game is getting currently. Can't forget that the people who did Dissidia (KH too if the Chaos over usage is an indication as KH overuses Darkness) are doing this too and that series' lore can creep in too, I mean look at FF7R, Weiss and the rest are getting inclusions, so why not Dissidia in this. 

Edited by Rozalia1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

This looks super edgy. It's made by the Nioh team, so it'll probably be fun, but I'm sure the story will be laughable. Seems like they're once again re-imagining the first game. I'm sure there'll be a twist where Garland joins you to fight the "real" Chaos though.

Well... there are in fact two of them yes. FF1 Chaos and Dissidia Chaos who is actually a separate being, it just looked like Chaos and had no name so Garland named it Chaos. There is apparently a line from Garland that contradicts that but considering FF1 and Dissidia Chaos have the same name it could be people getting confused off that. The same people involved in Dissidia are involved in this so no surprise they would overcomplicate something that is very simple to do. 

This was an awful trailer. Angry white man screaming about killing Chaos over and over. He has an incredibly boring name (Jack?!?!?!?). So similar to the "modern" aesthetic of FFXV. Someone pointed out that these 3 guys look like Cor, Prompto, and Gladiolus and I can't unsee it now.

This was literally my face while watching the trailer, and after finding out the guy's name, and after reading the characters' bios.

BiodegradableEnchantingCaracal-size_rest

Maybe I would've been interested if it was more "grounded" in dark fantasy, but if this is time travel...  I am so sick of time travel and metaphysical nonsense stories in Final Fantasy. I played all 3 FFXIII games and I could not tell you what the hell the story was about. I didn't understand any of it.

Despite all that, I am more disappointed that the remaster whatevers of FFI-FFVI are only coming to Steam and mobile...

But maybe not disappointed because they are gonna release each of those games separately and it's probably gonna be too expensive. 

16 hours ago, Dan-lives-here said:

Is this coming to PC? OP says xbox and PS with no mention of PC then second post says timed exclusive with PS but coming to PC and not XBOX?

The article in the second post is based on old rumours from a couple of weeks ago.

Officially announced platforms at the end of the trailer: PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC

Edited by peffsi
  • Like 1

Jack waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were Chaos in the temple. He didn't see them, but had expected them, now for years. His warnings to Cornelia were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Jack was a Knight for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the battlefield and he said to dad "I want to be on the battle, daddy."
Dad said "NO! YOU WILL BE KILL BY CHAOS!"
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the temple of the Chaos he knew there were Chaos.
"This is Sarah," the radio crackered. "You must fight the Chaos!"
So Jack gotted his Greatsword and blew up the wall.
"HE GOING TO KNOCK US ALL DOWN," said the Chaos!
"I will shoot at him," said the Lich and he fired the thundara. Jack crystaled at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the Chaos," he shouted!
The radio said "No, Jack. You are the Chaos."
And then, Jack was a Chaos.

--- --- ---

People have noticed that Jack's battle lines are Dissidia Garland's lines which further points towards him being Garland, and thus Chaos. Beyond that the fact that if you were to take Warrior of Light and remove the Amano style Jack with grown out hair and knight armour could pass for a realistic style WoL makes some people think that possibly it will turn out that Jack is in fact both WoL and Garland due to time shenanigans which being fair is a theory that has actually been around a good while.

Also, some of the Nomura and others statements have come out pre all this and they're big believers in the game. Hyped it up as something not possible in a mainline title, more ambitious and all that. Some have theorised that this, like with totally not Noctis in KH, is part of Nomura's temper tantrum because the people in charge at Square Enix after letting Nomura faff about for an eternity on FF13 Verses got other people in and salvaged FF15 out of Nomura's mess (after binning most of Nomura's ideas). Would explain why we have all these recycled FF15 designs.  

I actually enjoyed it.

Surprised that people are using the word edgy, this is exactly the same type of wackiness  japanese games had   in late ‘90s and early ‘00s, especially from Namco, Capcom, and yes, Square(Soft) Enix.

Like really, it’s Square, what did you expect? 15 desperately tried to sound  western-like, which is not actually a error, as Grown-up Noctis had a very nice design, it is however, a different strength, look at the stuff they made, you’ll see tons of narm (or cringe, if you want to be the new cool kid) such as this, 6 with the opera scene, 7 with Cloud posing as a woman, 8 the entire cast having grown up together AND amnesia, 9 with Zidane and Garnet, or the start with the boss, 10 with the laughing scene, everything with 10-2, every single time Vaan speaks in 12, 13  with Snow continuously getting btfo when he speaks/attacks, Mog in 13-2 and so on, hell, you could throw Gladio and his cup noodles and Ardyn doing his Aizen impressions in the train for 15. And I haven’t even touched Kingdom Hearts, the series famous for “darkness within darkness awaits you”. Also, have you even seen the dialogue in the latest Dissidia? I’m not sure why people want some God of War/Bioshock/TLOU/wowisthislistkeepgoingIthoughtitwasameme now.

Not all games need to have a world weary adult parent babysitting a wisecracking kid, I’m interested in the gameplay they offered ‘till now, Garland’s attire clashes terribly with the setting, probably he and the 4 fiends  are creating some sort of time paradox  that risks destroying the world or some shit, hence the urgency in killing him. If what Nomura said about the risks is true, I’d imagine it would probably be due to the type of character flair as seen by the criticism, very sad, if I have to be honest, as I can’t help but ponder  if games like Devil may Cry or Final Fantasy itself,  if they were created in the current year, would see the light of the day with these reactions.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh

53 minutes ago, WhisperingDusk said:

Well. When I saw the trailer I thought, omg such chaos, but after playing the demo, I'm sold. I had a lot of fun with the battle system and the synergy of the typical FF job vibe. I'm looking forward to the game. Just fun like old God of War or Devil May Cry. 

I like this; as gow/dmc are nice hacky slashys - I haven't checked to see if there's a PS4 demo yet. I thought this was PS5 exclusive till last night

• 3 months later...