Difficulty lowered with newest updates?

XpanderFX

Hi, i discarded this game when was on ps+ as ive read some challenges are very hard and frustrating, and im a very impatient and irritable person...now ive read that updates added some new challenges, meaning that in order to obtain 115 of them, 4 can be left untouched. does this really lowered platinum's overall difficulty ? and what about dlc's? are they harder or easier than base game?

Yeah they added that rocket suit thing some years ago and also some challenges with it. They do count to the 115 gold medals trophy, making it easier since you can avoid the hardest challenges now. It's actually very easy to plat this game, the low percentages are highly misleading

6 minutes ago, DaaneS97 said:

Yeah they added that rocket suit thing some years ago and also some challenges with it. They do count to the 115 gold medals trophy, making it easier since you can avoid the hardest challenges now. It's actually very easy to plat this game, the low percentages are highly misleading

Very easy huh? A slightly misleading statement imo. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

Very easy huh? A slightly misleading statement imo. 

Well it's the hard wingsuit challenges people have problems with and you don't even have to do them now.

I also played this only because it was free and I was worried as well about the trophies but it was surprisingly easy, especially with the rocket wings and I'm not a good player at all. I might add that I had a lot a fun with the game though

• Like 1

I would definitely not call this a "very easy" plat. It's not the most difficult plat you'll find out there, but it's definitely a challenging one. A good 10 challenges or so are rather difficult, especially some of the wingsuit challenges. I also recall a handful of other challenges being brutal, such as the one where you have to go full speed through a forest due to a very tight time requirement. It's almost impossible to avoid hitting all the trees and reaching the finish line in time.

I don't remember if I did the Platinum with these extra challenges added, and therefore could avoid doing the 4 most difficult ones, but I remember it being a pretty difficult Platinum overall.

However, the game is awesome. You should definitely play it no matter what. And of course you can get the Platinum, you just need to be prepared for a challenge that might be harder than what you expect it to be. That was the case with me at least.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, XpanderFX said:

and what about time to 100% (with all dlc's)?

Road to the Olympics and Winterfest are pretty straightforward, Extreme Pack is pretty challenging due to "The Extreme Ten" trophy, but fortunately it requires only 10 challenges to gold, and not all of them.

1 hour ago, XpanderFX said:

and what about time to 100% (with all dlc's)?

It’s been a few years, but I’d say it’s around 10-15 hours to complete all dlc content. Some dlc challenges are a bit difficult, but nothing in comparison to a handful of the base game challenges on your road to the platinum. 

• 1 month later...