This is why I hate capcom

This is a trophy forum.  People who ask why people get so bothered about the trophies on a game and that they should just play and have fun really don't get what this place is for.

The trophy list on this game is rubbish.  Admittedly, it's not as important as graphics, controls, sound etc but if the trophies are badly done, that's bad game design.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, squiddycr4 said:

The trophy list on this game is rubbish.  Admittedly, it's not as important as graphics, controls, sound etc but if the trophies are badly done, that's bad game design.

They couldn't even be bothered to put a modicum of effort in the list. At least Capcom Arcade Cabinet did it right, even if it didn't come with a platinum.

On 26.5.2021 at 9:13 AM, squiddycr4 said:

This is a trophy forum.  People who ask why people get so bothered about the trophies on a game and that they should just play and have fun really don't get what this place is for.

Exactly !

This is how the trophy list has to be though, right? The trophy list is for a free arcade platform that sells the games as DLC. If they made trophies for specific games then it couldnt be on the main list, I think. Like zen pinball and stuff. General trophies for the platform. Who knows if theyll add dlc trophies when they add more games, though. That would be nice.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2021 at 9:32 PM, AJ_Radio said:

$39.99 for three packs:

https://platprices.com/en-us/game/71738-capcom-arcade-stadium-packs-1-2-and-3

Right now I can buy Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (already bought) at $5.99, Valfaris (already bought) at $12.49, Streets of Rage 4 (already obtained months ago) at $14.99 and Art of Fighting Anthology (also obtained months ago) at $2.99.....for a grand total of $36.50. All for cheaper than what Capcom is selling for this crap.

Disappointment all around. Why not make the trophy list like Capcom Arcade Cabinet? At least they made us have an incentive to challenge ourselves with individual games.

Capcom basically designed this list with absolutely zero effort. The trophy images are shit as well, they're just as bad as the Contra + Castlevania retro collections but at least their trophy lists are a bit more rewarding. "Why not make the trophy list like Capcom Arcade Cabinet?" Many people whined and complained about that trophy list at the time of release.

You are complaining about the price? Cause last time I checked a single Arcade Archive or ACA Arcade game was going for $7.99 each region dependent. So, Do the math. I don't see anything wrong with the trophy images and your beloved Capcom Arcade Cabinet images are just lazy pixelated images from each game. I can agree on the trophy list but many have kept with the trend of not having a good trophy list with an arcade collection. Namco Museum Archives: Volume 1 and 2,  SNK 40th Anniversary Collection, Contra and Castlevania Anniversary collections and the list goes on that had such great potential with their respective trophy lists but failed to deliver or make any sense of why one game gets a great list and the next list gets a mediocre list from the same developer.  

17 hours ago, MAXTHUNDER said:

I can agree on the trophy list but many have kept with the trend of not having a good trophy list with an arcade collection. Namco Museum Archives: Volume 1 and 2,  SNK 40th Anniversary Collection, Contra and Castlevania Anniversary collections and the list goes on that had such great potential with their respective trophy lists but failed to deliver or make any sense of why one game gets a great list and the next list gets a mediocre list from the same developer.  

The trophy lists for all of Contra, Castlevania and SNK are significantly better than this list. Honestly, the only shared traits are that they are for retro collections, and they have no plat. But all of those lists have trophies rewarding the player for beating the games present.

By contrast, this list rewards the player for...playing the same game 1000 times, or for playing 100 hours. 

You are complaining about the price? Cause last time I checked a single Arcade Archive or ACA Arcade game was going for $7.99 each region dependent. So, Do the math. 

I did the math. The Arcade Archives is atrociously priced, and the Capcom collection is...less atrociously priced.

I don't see anything wrong with the trophy images and your beloved Capcom Arcade Cabinet images are just lazy pixelated images from each game. 

I don’t dislike the images here, although it can be hard to see them against the bronze backdrop, something that wasn’t a problem with the “lazy pixelated images” of the PS3 collection.

However, since every trophy is a bronze, I don’t really see why they included the bronze background to begin with. That works much better when there are some silver/gold trophies available.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I did the math. The Arcade Archives is atrociously priced, and the Capcom collection is...less atrociously priced.

I think it just depends. For sure, the amount of games you get in one collection, it's a decent price. Especially if you own none of the games.

However it's a collection of games all from one company and it's likely when buying the packs you will only play a few on each. It's quality vs quantity though.

Although, you can only buy 5 or 6 Arcade Archives for the same price, it would be games that you truly wanted to own and not just restricted to all of the Capcom games.

You'd also be getting 6 times the amount of trophy points and saving yourself 98 hours of (likely) forced gameplay and save scumming for the CASPO points.

I'd certainly choose Arcade Archives over this, even more so since I have almost all of the best games on this collection already form Street FIghter Anniversry edition and Belt Action scroller collections.

I was going to make a counter statement but @starcrunch061 beat me to the punch. 

On 6/1/2021 at 2:06 AM, MAXTHUNDER said:

You are complaining about the price? Cause last time I checked a single Arcade Archive or ACA Arcade game was going for $7.99 each region dependent. So, Do the math. I don't see anything wrong with the trophy images and your beloved Capcom Arcade Cabinet images are just lazy pixelated images from each game. I can agree on the trophy list but many have kept with the trend of not having a good trophy list with an arcade collection. Namco Museum Archives: Volume 1 and 2,  SNK 40th Anniversary Collection, Contra and Castlevania Anniversary collections and the list goes on that had such great potential with their respective trophy lists but failed to deliver or make any sense of why one game gets a great list and the next list gets a mediocre list from the same developer.  

We can argue all day on Arcade Archives being trophy whore bait. Every single one on my list was a game I wanted to play, not necessarily because of easy trophies. Most of those old arcades don’t have anything else, so we’re thankful to even have them to begin with. 

Capcom Arcade Stadium in contrast has many of the same games that were in past retro Capcom collections. Say what you will on the retro Contra + Castlevania collections but at least they have silver and gold trophies so the bronze backgrounds make sense. In Capcom Arcade Stadium, every trophy is a bronze, so why even have a bronze background? 

Capcom Arcade Cabinet has much more colorful and better looking trophy images, even if they were taken straight from the games. 

They were completely lazy when they designed Capcom Arcade Stadiums list. And then charging $39.99 for a lot of games I’ve already played before isn’t a good way to go about it.

On 5/29/2021 at 6:42 PM, Hvalpen said:

It's basically a big fuck you, to trophy whores and pay to plat games.

Ah yes, the classic strategy of snubbing would-be patrons. Who needs their money anyway?

Well I don’t hate Capcom by any means, but they do have the inglorious distinction of developing the two worst AAA games I’ve ever played and it’s not even close. If you really want to hate Capcom then you should play Resident Evil 6 or Dead Rising 4. They’re bad for different reasons though. RE6 has the worst game design I’ve ever seen in my life and anyone who tries to defend it just doesn’t know what good game design looks like. But at least everything functions properly. DR4 is the buggiest, jankiest mess of a game I’ve ever come across. The entire time I was playing it I was worried the game was just going to completely break and prevent me from proceeding or stop tracking stats properly. This can screw you badly if you’re going for all the trophies because of how grindy they are. I literally had five different backup saves concurrently at one point with various amounts of completion while trying to get around different bugs. I probably spent over 30 additional hours due to lost progress from all sorts of glitches and stat-tracking issues. It was a hellish experience and a completionist’s nightmare. 

If trophies aren't done right, then it's a problem.  Not a massive problem, not a game-ruining problem but it's just bad design.  It's part of gaming and you can be all too cool for school about it and be like 'well as long as it's fun' and that's fine but the game would be better if the trophies were better.

For example, if games had trophies specific to them rather than this tiresome CASPO leveling up thing.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'll admit it... the trophy list isn't the greatest (some of the trophies are rather grindy), but trophies aren't everything. What matters to me is the games that are in this collection. Forgotten Worlds, Ghouls 'n Ghosts, 1941, Mercs, Mega Twins, 19XX, Progear, Giga Wing, and Armored Warriors make this worth it for me. At least this is compatible with PS5 so you won't have to rebuy. I'm thinking of getting this.

If they did release all the games individually, they'd probably be $8 a piece like the ACA titles.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/2/2021 at 10:59 PM, AJ_Radio said:

I was going to make a counter statement but @starcrunch061 beat me to the punch. 

We can argue all day on Arcade Archives being trophy whore bait. Every single one on my list was a game I wanted to play, not necessarily because of easy trophies. Most of those old arcades don’t have anything else, so we’re thankful to even have them to begin with. 

Capcom Arcade Stadium in contrast has many of the same games that were in past retro Capcom collections. Say what you will on the retro Contra + Castlevania collections but at least they have silver and gold trophies so the bronze backgrounds make sense. In Capcom Arcade Stadium, every trophy is a bronze, so why even have a bronze background? 

Capcom Arcade Cabinet has much more colorful and better looking trophy images, even if they were taken straight from the games. 

They were completely lazy when they designed Capcom Arcade Stadiums list. And then charging $39.99 for a lot of games I’ve already played before isn’t a good way to go about it.

My point is that they are overpriced in comparison to a collection of over 30 games. Arcade Archive games in Ontario, Canada are $12.42 for the newer released games. They used to launch for $7.99 but went up to $10.99 and now Canada charges tax on all digital purchases including streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime video and Disney+. If you think it's a bad deal and hate the trophy list then that's your opinion. I myself don't care about trophy images because I am not pining over the images. I only earn them and move on. As for the arcade archive games many of those are re-releases as well because they also came out on the PlayStation 3 at half the price as they are on the PlayStation 4.

45 minutes ago, MAXTHUNDER said:

My point is that they are overpriced in comparison to a collection of over 30 games. Arcade Archive games in Ontario, Canada are $12.42 for the newer released games. They used to launch for $7.99 but went up to $10.99 and now Canada charges tax on all digital purchases including streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime video and Disney+. If you think it's a bad deal and hate the trophy list then that's your opinion. I myself don't care about trophy images because I am not pining over the images. I only earn them and move on. As for the arcade archive games many of those are re-releases as well because they also came out on the PlayStation 3 at half the price as they are on the PlayStation 4.

The argument I made months ago on this thread was Capcom Arcade Stadium is being charged too much money. They're doing the same thing they did with Capcom Arcade Cabinet years earlier, sure you get the actual thing for free, but you had to pay for bundles of games separately, which was costly considering they were all old arcade games from the 1980s.

Capcom Arcade Stadium has more modern, newer stuff from the late 1990s and 2000s which I'm glad to see, but they still want too much. I can play these same games elsewhere on other platforms.

• 5 months later...

Judging by the in-game "Triumphs" list, I think they originally meant to give it a full trophy set of bronzes, silvers, and golds. You can see this by the color of each Triumph's circular border. Seems they axed the idea, scrapped about half the Triumphs from giving trophies, and made all remaining trophies bronzes instead of some originally-intended silvers/golds. They probably had a Platinum planned for it, too.

24 minutes ago, pills4louis said:

Judging by the in-game "Triumphs" list, I think they originally meant to give it a full trophy set of bronzes, silvers, and golds. You can see this by the color of each Triumph's circular border. Seems they axed the idea, scrapped about half the Triumphs from giving trophies, and made all remaining trophies bronzes instead of some originally-intended silvers/golds. They probably had a Platinum planned for it, too.

Yes, "You Did It!" Triumph could be the platinum trophy. they could have added all 30 Triumphs as trophies. But the idea of each game having its own trophies like it was with Arcade Cabinet is also pleasant for me.