this is tough

17 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

i was close to smashing my controller right now i am shaking with so much anger and frustration i had to walk away.

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU S RANK ANY OF THE HARDER DIFFICULTIES?!

playing as vergil on LDK mode as people recommended as he is a sure good way to get the s rank and oh man is he absolutely fucking CRAP. when i finish missions my stylish rank is always a D. yet when i am fighting i sometimes go up to A or S and my stylish points score when fightings shows 5 digits but at the end of the game it says my stylish points is in 4 digits, so how the fuck does that work.

this is bullshit. i'm actually stuck at mission 5 or 6 with those black flying things in the snow constantly hitting me, never mind s ranking any of LDK.

i been researching and reading on forums that vergil is best for this mode because he is quick, but hes not. i do a move and hes just standing there at the end of his move and gets hit. he is useless. the teleporting is useless.

i got some s ranks on easy mode and a couple on normal. i bought the orbs on ps store to rank up everything so i bought all of vergil's stuff but he's proving to be shit.

i am in shock. getting A's on normal and lots of S's on easy i was confident i'd do well in the game. how the fuck anyone can plat this shit is beyond me.

LDK= IMPOSSIBLE to s rank

SOS = dont hold much hope.

DMD = impossible. its simply not possible to s rank it if enemies go DT and hit many times harder and you barely scratch the surface.

HAH = dont think they tested the game to see if even that is possible without using holy waters.

I understand your frustration and anger to this as to me this is the hardest dmc game to 100%/ plat, The score system is somewhat fucked as it is abit of rng on how it gives out points, plus I don't think it is best using vergil on higher up missions due to his poor platforming, your best bet is playing as lady and trish as lady can kill things very easy with her guns and trish is flat out broken once you learn how to use her lighting spin kick move and so on.

I will say to keep at it and keep trying as it will finally work out trust me, as I was like this a lot with evil within 1 and yeah, if it helps try and play another game and once that is done go back and play again and try again.

For Dante and Nero the best way to get S ranks is not to get hit for the bonus points which would guarantee the S rank.

As for Vergil on LDK just spam judgement cut and it's a breeze.

If you're getting this frustrated on story mode wait till you do the bloody palace, lol.

4 minutes ago, Baker said:

Forget Vergil. Use Lady/Trish for easy S Ranks.

LDK should be the easiest to S Rank because there are so many enemies to get a good score. Don’t forget to clear the missions fast and grab most if not all red orbs.

There is plenty of info around, but with Lady you can just jump around and use your charged guns and with Trish I think it was the Round Trip + Collider combo. 

like Baker said the round trip throw of your sword and the spin kick will help a lot. also add on to this you might want to just use nero and dante for just the hidden missions.

Edited by Lonemankane

1 minute ago, XIIDoomsdayIIX said:

If you're getting this frustrated on story mode wait till you do the bloody palace, lol.

i purchased the super costumes and will use those for palace, trish i dont hold much hope shes weak as piss.

i have never gotten this angry. i can feel the stress in my head. this isnt healthy. games shouldnt be like this.

• Like 2

Just now, Jelly Soup said:

Hey.

Stop that.

You can do it. We believe in you.

how?

i was very confident completing easy and normal with A's and a few S ranks that i thought i could do LDK with lots of people on forums saying use vergil as he is fast. but hes not, hes slow. with the frog fight i couldnt even hit the hovering women for god sake i keep missing them.

there are so many enemies that i cant even see what i'm doing. i get confused in what weapon to have and i cant even get close to enemies in the air with the teleport. theres so many moves its confusing.

i want to plat all the devil may cry games as i enjoy the series (exc 2) but this is breaking me and i havent even started dmc5 yet.

i've never gotten this angry i can physically feel the stress in my head and the throbbing pains that i just think, is this what games are for, to mentally kill yourself with? its just not healthy, games shouldnt be like this. but games is all i have in this life (apart from a dead end job).

4 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

i purchased the super costumes and will use those for palace, trish i dont hold much hope shes weak as piss.

i have never gotten this angry. i can feel the stress in my head. this isnt healthy. games shouldnt be like this.

I'm pretty sure the super costumes stop you from getting S ranks if I remember correctly.

16 minutes ago, XIIDoomsdayIIX said:

I'm pretty sure the super costumes stop you from getting S ranks if I remember correctly.

thats stupid. i paid for them, i should be able to use them and s rank the game with them.

otherwise its simply not possible. the enemies are too much

5 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

thats stupid. i paid for them, i should be able to use them and s rank the game with them.

otherwise its simply not possible. the enemies are too much

Well using Super Costumes definitely voids getting an S Rank. But you can use them in Bloody Palace for Dante, Nero & Vergil. If you have been using the super costumes during missions than you have your answer why you don’t get S Ranks. But once again, just use Lady/Trish. I’m terrible at Hack ‘n Slash games and had no problem getting S Ranks on all missions.

22 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

i've never gotten this angry i can physically feel the stress in my head and the throbbing pains that i just think, is this what games are for, to mentally kill yourself with? its just not healthy, games shouldnt be like this. but games is all i have in this life (apart from a dead end job).

I don't know anything about dmc, but just in general if I felt like this, I would let it go and do something else.  Maybe come back to it at a later date if I'm feeling up to it then.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Baker said:

Well using Super Costumes definitely voids getting an S Rank. But you can use them in Bloody Palace for Dante, Nero & Vergil. If you have been using the super costumes during missions than you have your answer why you don’t get S Ranks. But once again, just use Lady/Trish. I’m terrible at Hack ‘n Slash games and had no problem getting S Ranks on all missions.

i havent used the costumes yet but i wish i could and still get s rank on them.

dunno how its possible to s rank everything with lady and trish either. lady's charged shot takes ages to charge up and trish is fragle and weak.

i dont know what characters to use to s rank the difficulties anymore i get conflicting advice everywhere. i wish there were no s rank trophies its so stressful its giving me headaches and migraines

1 minute ago, rockstarjazz said:

i havent used the costumes yet but i wish i could and still get s rank on them.

dunno how its possible to s rank everything with lady and trish either. lady's charged shot takes ages to charge up and trish is fragle and weak.

i dont know what characters to use to s rank the difficulties anymore i get conflicting advice everywhere. i wish there were no s rank trophies its so stressful its giving me headaches and migraines

Well have you tried Lady? It’s just jumping around, charging your guns and shoot. Aim the camera so you don’t see any enemies and you’re good. SSS ranks everywhere. Trish is a bit harder but still pretty easy.

Also don’t take advice from @Copanele ?. He plays a lot of fighting games and hack ‘n slash games so I assume he’s actually pretty good at these types of games.

17 minutes ago, Baker said:

Well have you tried Lady? It’s just jumping around, charging your guns and shoot. Aim the camera so you don’t see any enemies and you’re good. SSS ranks everywhere. Trish is a bit harder but still pretty easy.

Also don’t take advice from @Copanele 1f601.png. He plays a lot of fighting games and hack ‘n slash games so I assume he’s actually pretty good at these types of games.

lady's bazooka takes ages to charge up. i tried the sss dante trophy just now on SOS with lady and the best i could get is a c.

how they expect us to get sss rank against him is just impossible. how. HOW.

i feel like giving up. i am quite depressed now about all this. i was hoping to get the plat. i dont think i am capable of it - either i download a file and use that to pop trophies or hire someone to get them for me because i just cant see how its done. i dont want to spend forever on this either. but i've become obsessed with getting all the trophies. i fkn hate trophies i wish they never existed

18 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

lady's bazooka takes ages to charge up. i tried the sss dante trophy just now on SOS with lady and the best i could get is a c.

i feel like giving up. i am quite depressed now about all this. i was hoping to get the plat. i dont think i am capable of it - either i download a file and use that to pop trophies or hire someone to get them for me because i just cant see how its done. i dont want to spend forever on this either. but i've become obsessed with getting all the trophies. i fkn hate trophies i wish they never existed

SSS on Dante is one of the harder trophies in the game. There was a method with Nero I used, some sort of grab and counter method. Don’t really remember too well, it’s been a few years since I played this game.

Also don’t use the Bazooka, use the Handguns. The Bazooka is only useful against stunned bosses as it takes too long to charge. Also remapping the shoot button might be a good idea, I know I remapped it to L1. Double Jump around, holding L1 until the Handguns are fully charged, and just shoot ?. (I assume you have Lady maxed out) Really, I can’t give any better advice than this. Just try this in an easy mission.

But it sounds to me like you need to take a little break from the game though. Anyway, good luck! 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

If you aspire to get trophies and maintain a 100% platinum profile then you shouldn't want or even think about hacking/paying someone to do it for you as that will make the whole effort pointless. Take a break from it and play something easy to clear your head and come back to it when you're not this agitated about it. Remember this game and it's trophies are all offline so there's no rush to get it finished as there's no worry about servers getting closed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, grimydawg___ said:

I wouldn't download a file lol. Just get good.....

thats the problem. i dont think i can.

maybe i'm rushing into this too fast. i bought the game, extra orbs and costumes on the sale and thought i could blitz through it. clearly not.

maybe i need to take it slow. unlearn all character moves, start on easy again and work my way up to the hardest difficulty with each character.

while thats doable i just think the hardest difficulty is where my adventure will end as its too much for me. i mean ive been playing with characters all maxed out already and its not making a jot of difference.

and then theres s ranking everything which is a pipe dream.

think i'll end up hiding these trophies from my profile and pretend dmc4 never happened at this rate, because i'll be spending forever on it otherwise and i dont want to imprison myself to this damn game.

29 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

maybe i'm rushing into this too fast. i bought the game, extra orbs and costumes on the sale and thought i could blitz through it. clearly not.

maybe i need to take it slow. unlearn all character moves, start on easy again and work my way up to the hardest difficulty with each character.

while thats doable i just think the hardest difficulty is where my adventure will end as its too much for me. i mean ive been playing with characters all maxed out already and its not making a jot of difference.

think i'll end up hiding these trophies from my profile and pretend dmc4 never happened at this rate, because i'll be spending forever on it otherwise and i dont want to imprison myself to this damn game.

If you're going to give up on DMC4 then I'll recommend you don't even bother with DMC5 as I think that would cause you the same problems, especially HAH mode.

Try to persevere though as I was in the same boat as you and thought I wouldn't be able to Platinum it but I did and then had the same problems with DMC5 and Platinumed that as well.

Anyway, whatever your choice is, good luck.

5 minutes ago, XIIDoomsdayIIX said:

If you're going to give up on DMC4 then I'll recommend you don't even bother with DMC5 as I think that would cause you the same problems, especially HAH mode.

Try to persevere though as I was in the same boat as you and thought I wouldn't be able to Platinum it but I did and then had the same problems with DMC5 and Platinumed that as well.

Anyway, whatever your choice is, good luck.

what characters did you use to s rank the difficulties and what characters/costumes did you use to sss the bosses?

if i end up giving up and hating this game i think i'll go into dmc5 with nothing to lose and just scoop up the easy trophies and fuck the rest.

maybe this frustration is a blessing in disguise as it might finally break that curse which is my obsession with trophies/plats.

50 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

You just gotta practice.  Look on YouTube.  If my scrub self can play this game without getting hit, you can too.  DMC 4 is over ten years old.  There's plenty of info to help.  If you don't want to put the time in and actually enjoy the journey of getting the trophies, then you should stop.  It's ok to take a break too.  Play something else.  It's okay if you don't get the platinum, too.

• Like 1

japanese devs are particularly sadistic, especially capcom. I didn't bother with any DMC because i suffer from extreme noob syndrome on those games. i hope you do it, good luck, but I think your best bet would be to watch a few guide videos, listen to what theese dudes are saying about trish and the lightning spin kick, and try to pace yourself when practicing, don't try too hard just practice and you'll get better.