this is tough

7 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

what characters did you use to s rank the difficulties and what characters/costumes did you use to sss the bosses?

if i end up giving up and hating this game i think i'll go into dmc5 with nothing to lose and just scoop up the easy trophies and fuck the rest.

maybe this frustration is a blessing in disguise as it might finally break that curse which is my obsession with trophies/plats.

I used Dante and Nero as I was already familiar with their combos to S rank all difficulties and SSS rank the bosses.

I never liked playing as Trish or lady, they gave me the most trouble, especially in the bloody palace.

3 minutes ago, XIIDoomsdayIIX said:

I used Dante and Nero as I was already familiar with their combos to S rank all difficulties and SSS rank the bosses.

I never liked playing as Trish or lady, they gave me the most trouble, especially in the bloody palace.

when i played as lady the lvl3 bazooka shot got my high ranks quite quickly, but it takes ages to load.

i dont see how one can s and sss with dante and nero, especially the bosses

1 minute ago, rockstarjazz said:

when i played as lady the lvl3 bazooka shot got my high ranks quite quickly, but it takes ages to load.

i dont see how one can s and sss with dante and nero, especially the bosses

Lots and lots of practice, learning the enemy moves/patterns. As stated earlier, for the difficulties you don't have to do great with combos just dont get hit and you're guaranteed the S rank.

4 hours ago, rockstarjazz said:

lady's bazooka takes ages to charge up. i tried the sss dante trophy just now on SOS with lady and the best i could get is a c.

how they expect us to get sss rank against him is just impossible. how. HOW.

i feel like giving up. i am quite depressed now about all this. i was hoping to get the plat. i dont think i am capable of it - either i download a file and use that to pop trophies or hire someone to get them for me because i just cant see how its done. i dont want to spend forever on this either. but i've become obsessed with getting all the trophies. i fkn hate trophies i wish they never existed

Don't cheat man. Just don't. 

Why would you pop them by cheat or pay someone to do it? Then the trophies have no meaning at all. 

Take a break. Try again. If it doesn't work, a "stain" on your account is no biggie. It just shows you are not PERFECT :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Baker said:

Also don’t take advice from @Copanele ?. He plays a lot of fighting games and hack ‘n slash games so I assume he’s actually pretty good at these types of games.

Hey that's mean! (and also thank you?) reasons why i didn't recommend Lady is because you have to play as Trish afterwards, who has the skillset of a soggy biscuit. If he struggles with Vergil, how will he be able to deal with blitzes as Trish? 

Problem with this game is that its not really as easy as dmc3 leads you to believe... You still need to practice. It's a Capcom game after all. As I said in the other post, tons of breaks, that's more important than your skills. 

Also for SSS rank with Dante, I could explain xD but you probably won't believe me how dumb it is. 

• Like 1

I m currently playing this game too and honestly its boring me to death, I already completed it around 8-10 times on xbox 360 so I m taking a lot of breaks especially with how tedious it is because of all the backtracking, not to mention I think they just shoved these new chars there to make more money of this game even though their storylines are almost identical to Nero/Dante. Playing as Vergil is cool but Lady/Trish gameplay is crap, just my opinion. 

As for Dante SSS trophy I think you can do it in mission 11 too where he has more health so he doesnt die as easily as in mission 1. I have yet to attempt it but I plan using this strategy...

just charge shot pistol lv3 Dante whenever he attacks, once your reach SSS spam Holy water to finish him off not to risk getting hit. I did that for other SSS too when I reached this rank during fight.

For S rank trophies I would recommend Lady/Trish, since Trish doesn't have super costume you will have to learn her playstyle sooner or later for Bloody Palace anyways. I m halfway through SOS with S rank progress and its pretty easy if you learn a few tricks with Trish. Her R1+cirlce and then spam triangle is useful especially for crowds of enemies and with Lady I use Bazooka lv3 only for slow enemies otherwise I recommend using shotgun lv3 for pretty much everything, even bosses die fast from it and I usually have SSS throughout the fight if I dont get hit too.

I have yet to do the hardest stuff so I cant really say much about overall difficulty but keep it up and you can do it. Good Luck!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Saionji said:

i gave it another go today and the game just made me so angry again i can feel the heat inside my head and was screaming with all my might in a cushion that i got dizzy afterwards. this is surely not healthy - they shouldnt make games that can do this to people.

tried vergil yesterday on LDK - hes fucking useless.

tried vergil today on SOS - couldnt get past the agnus fight. i'm stuck there. fkn hopeless he is.

might have to just do HOH with vergil and get his trophy.

then i need to find a way to cheese it the best way to s rank all missions which seems impossible. i might have to resort to using the women for that, because vergil is absolute FUCKING DOGSHIT i hate that useless crappy character, and nero and dante it takes ages to get their rank to sss.

i fucking hate the devs who made this stupid game and not even tested it.

i've grown to hate this game now all because of the fkn trophies. i get this sense of apprehension and agitation whenever i approach my ps4 now. i feel i can do it but the game knocks me back and just now i rage quit again and nearly broke my trusted controller i've had for nearly 6 years. the frosts piss me off so much some of my attacks dont register with them. and dont get me started on the blitz on SOS and upwards the only way to beat them is using holy waters nothing else works.

i was literally on my chair bouncing up and down saying no no no like a child thank god my parents arent in. i'm working from home

It sounds like you should just put this game down. 

Even if you end up getting the platinum, you'll still hate the time you spent doing this. A platinum is meant to be a challenge, not something that breaks you mentally or curses your everyday life. 

Move on and just put it on the shelf, or get the "easy stuff" done, and enjoy the game for the game. 

No game should do this to you. 

I mean, i get frustrated, sometimes to a level where i almost break my controller (once i actually broke one), but then i back away, put the game on the shelf, and take a break. I just did it with a game recently. I then gave it about 2 months, of just forgetting it existed, and then i tried again. This time i played it no problems, and 100%'ed it. 

Take a break! :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomataEighty9 said:

It sounds like you should just put this game down. 

Even if you end up getting the platinum, you'll still hate the time you spent doing this. A platinum is meant to be a challenge, not something that breaks you mentally or curses your everyday life. 

Move on and just put it on the shelf, or get the "easy stuff" done, and enjoy the game for the game. 

No game should do this to you. 

I mean, i get frustrated, sometimes to a level where i almost break my controller (once i actually broke one), but then i back away, put the game on the shelf, and take a break. I just did it with a game recently. I then gave it about 2 months, of just forgetting it existed, and then i tried again. This time i played it no problems, and 100%'ed it. 

Take a break! :) 

i agree, i am hating the stress this game is causing me. i have always enjoyed the dmc older games and thought this would naturally apply to 4 but i was in for a shock.

i can feel the stress in my head. this game will give me ptsd at this rate.

when trying to s rank missions it took me over an hour to s rank the first mission on easy with lady, i dread what the rest will be like.

when i think of devil may cry 4 i no longer think of nero, or busters or the theme music, but the traumatising time this game has given me - the screaming, the anger, nearly breaking my controller, shaking with rage and frustration.

this urge to keep going for the 'reachable' trophies is driving me insane.

• Like 1

If my scrublord self with a trash profile can do it i'm sure you can also do it, this is probably the hardest game I have played to get the plat. The feelings you have for the game are the exact same thing I felt in the 1st week of playing. You just have to focus on one goal/trophy at a time and don't stress out yourself in the bigger picture yet just take it slow and steady. The trophy list is very intimidating at first and the real challenge for this game is beating the bloody palace with Trish (got it after 1 week of daily grinding, it was hard and time consuming I was about to literally give up). If things get hard and you feel angry/frustrated put the game down and relax play another game (in my case I played AC Odyssey to get rid of the BS feeling I have) or do real life activities to refresh your mind. You can do it man! 

• Like 1

What others are saying dont approach the entire game at once or think about the other difficulties. Focus on one thing at a time. You already did the first mission with an s rank, now just worry about s-ranking the 2nd mission and so on.

If s-ranking missions is already giving you this much grief then you will have a very hard time trying to get all trophies because s-ranks isnt even the hardest thing in the game to do.

But yeah lady and trish is the best approach to s-ranking every mission on all the difficulties required for trophies.

made some progress by s ranking the human difficulty so thats done.

i'm playing on SOS difficulty as the women again and i am stuck on mission 9 agnus and blitz they keep killing me. and i cant stay back and charge kalina ann as i have done before so getting high combo scores is hard.

i see youtube videos of people using the shotggun but when i try it is useless and takes ages to charge. i cant jump and charge at the same time because of the buttons

7 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

made some progress by s ranking the human difficulty so thats done.

i'm playing on SOS difficulty as the women again and i am stuck on mission 9 agnus and blitz they keep killing me. and i cant stay back and charge kalina ann as i have done before so getting high combo scores is hard.

i see youtube videos of people using the shotggun but when i try it is useless and takes ages to charge. i cant jump and charge at the same time because of the buttons

Don't lock on to blitz and agnus and keep them off screen remember to always keep moving and keep charging lvl 3 handgun should be enough :D The same applies in bloody palace. Save your Grenades so when the blitz grabs you you can escape 

2 minutes ago, PHrenzu said:

Don't lock on to blitz and agnus and keep them off screen remember to always keep moving and keep charging lvl 3 handgun should be enough :D The same applies in bloody palace. Save your Grenades so when the blitz grabs you you can escape 

but how can i charge if holding square and need to hit x to jump? if i use my thumb i lose touch with the square

39 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

but how can i charge if holding square and need to hit x to jump? if i use my thumb i lose touch with the square

You can interchange/remap L1 and square in the controls menu :)  it'll be odd at first but once you get the hang of it you'll wreck almost anything. This setting will also be useful in tackling dmc 5 as Nero. 

20 hours ago, rockstarjazz said:

how do i beat sanctus with lady when he's doing his sparda sword charges?

Unfortunately, your only option is to dodge them until he’s done his last one, then hit him to stun him. Some practice is needed for this.

Edit: it looks like you can just spam her cable, right before he charges, to soft stun him until he breaks into a hard stun.

Edited by FearElemental

6 hours ago, FearElemental said:

Unfortunately, your only option is to dodge them until he’s done his last one, then hit him to stun him. Some practice is needed for this.

Edit: it looks like you can just spam her cable, right before he charges, to soft stun him until he breaks into a hard stun.

i found an easier method, but requires timing. once i have the required stylish points to get s on that, and if i am within time, i will resort to using holy waters to finish him off and save the aggravation of going through it and wasting time and possibly dying. when he finishes his charges he is aloft in the air and by the time i get to him he raises his shields again it got so damn annoying.

i am working my way through DMD. i dread to think what it'd be like playing trish, she was hard to master. i nearly broke my controller in frustration today. the game is giving me headaches and migraines.

1 hour ago, rockstarjazz said:

i found an easier method, but requires timing. once i have the required stylish points to get s on that, and if i am within time, i will resort to using holy waters to finish him off and save the aggravation of going through it and wasting time and possibly dying. when he finishes his charges he is aloft in the air and by the time i get to him he raises his shields again it got so damn annoying.

i am working my way through DMD. i dread to think what it'd be like playing trish, she was hard to master. i nearly broke my controller in frustration today. the game is giving me headaches and migraines.

Ah yes, that works well seeing he's the only thing you need to kill in the mission. Good thinking ?.

DMD had me on edge as well when I played as Trish, but her in the Bloody Palace, particularly Stage 85, really got me worked up. Why? I had to kill 2 Blitz on that small island. Trust me, when you finally crack this game's platinum, you'll feel overwhelming satisfaction. Hang in there!

On 5/29/2021 at 3:36 AM, FearElemental said:

Ah yes, that works well seeing he's the only thing you need to kill in the mission. Good thinking 1f44d.png.

DMD had me on edge as well when I played as Trish, but her in the Bloody Palace, particularly Stage 85, really got me worked up. Why? I had to kill 2 Blitz on that small island. Trust me, when you finally crack this game's platinum, you'll feel overwhelming satisfaction. Hang in there!

well since making this thread i have made some progress.

how to pass bloody palace with trish? she seems weak compared to the others

11 hours ago, rockstarjazz said:

well since making this thread i have made some progress.

how to pass bloody palace with trish? she seems weak compared to the others

In my opinion, Trish is actually quite balanced, but lacking a Super Costume seems to make her weaker than other characters.

Before I get into her moveset, are you aware of the screen exploit? In simplest terms, if you can't see them, almost all enemies won't attack you. The only exceptions are Blitz and Suicide Charge Attacks from the Holy Knights.

Her bread and butter is stunning with the Sparda's throw and using charged attacks. Combined with the screen exploit, you can focus most of your attention on a single enemy.

She also has a very powerful exploit that can fully charge her Trigger Gauge in a few seconds. Jump in the air, and fire either the forward version or the back version of pandora's missile. Move the L stick in the opposite direction to immediately fire the other version. This is called the Pandora Cancel. You can keep launching missiles until she lands on the ground. This technique might require a little practice. You can also combined it with the screen exploit to avoid getting hit. Below is a video showing the exploit.

Her Ace in the Hole is her Pandora Laser Cannon (if you haven't noticed by now, I didn't memorize most of the names lol) which completely destroys most enemies. 

The stage you will likely see the most difficulty is stage 85, which is infamous for the 2 Blitz that spawn. I'm not 100% consistent with beating that stage, but every time I use the Laser+Devil Trigger and the laser again to quickly eliminate one of the Blitz. Here is a video illustration:

The player in the video above got lucky and manged to hit both Blitz. If you aren't that lucky, you'll want to disable Devil Trigger and use the screen exploit to limit the other Blitz's movements; move around the stage in a circle until it stops in front of you. Jump behind it and spam the pandora cancel to charge your Trigger Gauge until it moves. You'll want to keep doing this until your Trigger Gauge is full, evasiveness is key here.

Once it is full, unleash your fury with the Laser a couple of times. Be careful you are not too close or the Blitz's aura will stop your attack, wasting your Trigger Gauge. 

The only other stage to worry about is where there are a bunch of holy knights (stage 95 I think). The leader may send the inferior ones on a suicide charge at you. The screen exploit + Sparta stun + pandora cancel will be sufficient to deal with them. Try to focus on the leaders if you can.

Trish is tough to use in the Bloody Palace, I wish you luck. I hope my tips help. This is arguably the toughest part for the platinum, so expect to get frustrated here. 

Edited by FearElemental
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, FearElemental said:

In my opinion, Trish is actually quite balanced, but lacking a Super Costume seems to make her weaker than other characters.

Trish is tough to use in the Bloody Palace, I wish you luck. I hope my tips help. This is arguably the toughest part for the platinum, so expect to get frustrated here. 

hi mate i cant do that trick in the air, i have to hold R1+direction and hit circle and alternate back and forth but it doesnt seem to work.

i just done two runs with trish. its really tough. not only is it an issue is staying alive and having DT, but also time. i was running out of time.

first attempt i died at stage 30.

second attempt i died at stage 88 by a darn scarecrow of all opponents!! couldnt believe it

now on third stage, but tired.

its very exhausting. i'm taking it in chunks of 20, up to a boss. i feel like i *can* do it its just a matter of luck, hope i dont spend the rest of the year on this thing.

the infamous stage 85 i managed to do having watched videos. the room i dread are the last 3 - rm99 has about 44 angelos and they take time to take out each. then theres angus. and finally dante whom i need luck to get the throw-sparda-and-shoot trick done right - lets just hope he doesnt stay in royalguard

i also dont really have an effective strategy for the shark and dogs in the game 

Edited by rockstarjazz

On 2021-06-04 at 0:03 PM, rockstarjazz said:

hi mate i cant do that trick in the air, i have to hold R1+direction and hit circle and alternate back and forth but it doesnt seem to work.

i just done two runs with trish. its really tough. not only is it an issue is staying alive and having DT, but also time. i was running out of time.

first attempt i died at stage 30.

second attempt i died at stage 88 by a darn scarecrow of all opponents!! couldnt believe it

now on third stage, but tired.

its very exhausting. i'm taking it in chunks of 20, up to a boss. i feel like i *can* do it its just a matter of luck, hope i dont spend the rest of the year on this thing.

the infamous stage 85 i managed to do having watched videos. the room i dread are the last 3 - rm99 has about 44 angelos and they take time to take out each. then theres angus. and finally dante whom i need luck to get the throw-sparda-and-shoot trick done right - lets just hope he doesnt stay in royalguard

i also dont really have an effective strategy for the shark and dogs in the game 

Sorry for the delay.

I saw that you managed to get the platinum already. Congratulations! I hope you are satisfied with it because it’s a very tough plat.