MD's backlog/cleanup Diary

MD_91

Screenshot-2021-05-25-at-00-03-24.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 2/10

Cleanup difficulty = 2/10

First game I decided to go back and begin the cleanup on, I play a lot of sports games and bought this last September when I had the urge to play a tennis game but got bored with it after about a week.

Coming back to it none of the trophies were too bad, the career mode was a bit of a grind but not too long and the only difficulty was relying on my ai partner in doubles not to screw up.

Screenshot-2021-05-25-at-00-04-55.png

Cleanup enjoyment = NA

I don't really remember anything about this game from the first time I played it, I assume I bought it mainly for the trophies.

Coming back to it I was only missing one trophy which I had done within 5 minutes thanks to a video guide.

Screenshot-2021-05-25-at-00-05-58.png

Cleanup enjoyment = NA

Cleanup difficulty = 1/10

Only reason I didn't plat this 5 years ago was because I didn't have 2 controllers to get the trophy for completing a co-op mission so this was quick and easy to come back to.

Screenshot-2021-05-25-at-00-07-03.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 2/10

Rented this back in 2012 back when blockbuster was still a thing, I remember not liking it much and didn't think I'd ever be playing it again after returning it.

Coming back to it it wasn't bad as I remembered, the career mode was a very boring 20 hour plus grind and there was a small difficulty spike halfway through but it wasn't too bad, unfortunately the servers are gone so the remaining online trophies I'm missing are unobtainable, something I'm expecting a lot of as I come back to some of these ps3 games.

Screenshot-2021-05-25-at-00-07-49.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 2/10

Another game with unobtainable online trophies, I stopped playing this back in 2012 because I felt the gameplay got repetitive pretty fast and the different game modes don't have much substance and coming back to it was a boring grind

Screenshot-2021-05-25-at-04-30-15.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 3/10

Just had to boost a couple online trophies so this was a quick and easy one to cleanup

Screenshot-2021-05-25-at-04-34-32.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 1/10

My first telltale game and one of the few to have missable trophies, I remember really enjoying it the first time I played it but coming back to it I was just following a guide to clean up what I missed in each episode the first time around.

On 5/25/2021 at 1:00 AM, MD_91 said:

Screenshot-2021-05-25-at-00-03-24.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 2/10

First game I decided to go back and begin the cleanup on, I play a lot of sports games and bought this last September when I had the urge to play a tennis game but got bored with it after about a week.

Coming back to it none of the trophies were too bad, the career mode was a bit of a grind but not too long and the only difficulty was relying on my ai partner in doubles not to screw up.

Downloading this now as felt exactly the same way, haven't played a tennis game in years. Last was Virtua Tennis 4 I think about 5 years ago or so? Doesn't seem like it's great, but it's worth a go!

27 minutes ago, GloriousFury9414 said:

Downloading this now as felt exactly the same way, haven't played a tennis game in years. Last was Virtua Tennis 4 I think about 5 years ago or so? Doesn't seem like it's great, but it's worth a go!

Hopefully you enjoy it, the movement and aiming take a bit of getting used to and sometimes the game just won't register your shots but it's not terrible, I've given up on there ever being another really good tennis game for consoles since I can't see another Top Spin game ever being made and the Tennis World Tour games don't look great either

Screenshot-2021-05-25-at-23-13-55.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 5/10

Actually had fun coming back to this after not playing it in over 5 years, most of the trophies I had left to get were dlc that had come out since I last played.

Resorted to boosting to get the last trophy I needed for the platinum which was collecting 150 items, I understand the game is free to play now but I really don't like how much of a grind they've made getting new items compared to how it used to be.

Screenshot-2021-05-25-at-23-14-44.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 1/10

I only had 1 trophy still obtainable to come back and get which took 2 minutes, being mostly an offline player until about 5 years ago is really costing me now coming back to these older games

Screenshot-2021-05-25-at-23-16-02.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 3/10

Just had to boost a couple online trophies with someone and then complete a bit of a grind in another mode to complete this, fifa platinums are the perfect example as to why rarity doesn't equal difficulty as there's rarely a trophy in these games that actually requires much skill as long as you've played a football game before.

18 hours ago, MD_91 said:

Hopefully you enjoy it, the movement and aiming take a bit of getting used to and sometimes the game just won't register your shots but it's not terrible, I've given up on there ever being another really good tennis game for consoles since I can't see another Top Spin game ever being made and the Tennis World Tour games don't look great either

Yeah it's not too bad so far. It is rather frustrating, as at one point you had Top Spin/Virtua Tennis two very different games but both really good. 

I agree with you with the Fifa Platinums, they are my rarest plats but honestly they aren't as hard as rarity would have you believe. Shame they took the servers down for all before 17, otherwise you'd be able to get some more plats. 

2 hours ago, GloriousFury9414 said:

Yeah it's not too bad so far. It is rather frustrating, as at one point you had Top Spin/Virtua Tennis two very different games but both really good. 

I agree with you with the Fifa Platinums, they are my rarest plats but honestly they aren't as hard as rarity would have you believe. Shame they took the servers down for all before 17, otherwise you'd be able to get some more plats. 

The servers are actually still up on 15 (at least for the non FUT stuff) which I was surprised about when I went back to the game 2 weeks ago, just missing one trophy which is one of the worst in any fifa basically having to rely on luck for a certain animation to trigger to score when on the ground, I've given up on it for now but at least I know that plat is always accessible when I feel like trying again.

1 hour ago, MD_91 said:

The servers are actually still up on 15 (at least for the non FUT stuff) which I was surprised about when I went back to the game 2 weeks ago, just missing one trophy which is one of the worst in any fifa basically having to rely on luck for a certain animation to trigger to score when on the ground, I've given up on it for now but at least I know that plat is always accessible when I feel like trying again.

Yeah very annoying trophy that is, pure luck. At least you can keep trying for it when your feeling giving it a go!

Screenshot-2021-05-27-at-02-06-39.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 3/10

Cleanup difficulty = 3/10

Probably one of the harder fifa plats because of needing an A rank in all the skill games but still nothing too difficult

Screenshot-2021-05-27-at-02-07-20.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 4/10

Probably controversial but I always found this game to be quite overrated, I see people say how emotional it was for them and what a great experience it was but it didn't really do much for me, enjoyed playing it but it wouldn't rank anywhere near my favourite ps3 games 

Screenshot-2021-05-27-at-02-08-00.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 1/10

Probably the worst fifa to platinum as far as just being a grind, just hours of scoring own goals to finish matches as quickly as possible to level up my player had me wondering why I was bothering at times.

Screenshot-2021-05-28-at-21-30-49.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 3/10

Really liked this game and think it's a shame it didn't have more success, the collectables are very annoying though especially when you get down to just a few in each level, I don't think there were any guides made when I first played it which was why I put off platting it till now.

Edited by MD_91

On 5/26/2021 at 5:01 PM, MD_91 said:

Screenshot-2021-05-25-at-23-13-55.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 5/10

Actually had fun coming back to this after not playing it in over 5 years, most of the trophies I had left to get were dlc that had come out since I last played.

Resorted to boosting to get the last trophy I needed for the platinum which was collecting 150 items, I understand the game is free to play now but I really don't like how much of a grind they've made getting new items compared to how it used to be.

I'm revisiting Rocket League as well, so it's cool to see someone else having success with the game.

I see you are ranking a lot of games pretty low on enjoyment - be careful you don't get burned out playing stuff you hate.

Edited by DrunkenEngineer
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

I'm revisiting Rocket League as well, so it's cool to see someone else having success with the game.

I see you are ranking a lot of games pretty low on enjoyment - be careful you don't get burned out playing stuff you hate.

I'm not really sure the best way to rank enjoyment because a lot of them won't be a reflection on how much I actually liked the game

Got a few games that I will basically have to start from scratch that I'm looking forward to which will break up the boredom of the games where I'm literally just following a guide, focused on getting to 100 plats very soon which has meant looking at what's the easiest (which usually means boring) stuff to get to 99 and then picking a game I'll have fun with for 100

Screenshot-2021-05-28-at-21-31-38.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 7/10

Cleanup difficulty = 4/10

If you're like me and you platted this game back when it was free on ps plus and then forgot about it I would recommend coming back for the dlc, it's very cheap to buy and a decent challenge. Getting 3 stars on some of the tracks was tough and I had to use a guide on one of the events to see the shortcut I had to take but most of them didn't take more than a couple attempts and it was fun to do.

Screenshot-2021-05-28-at-21-32-23.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 1/10

Only had a couple of obtainable trophies to come back to which were quick and easy.

Screenshot-2021-05-28-at-21-33-03.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 3/10

By far the best of the David Cage games in my opinion, really enjoyed it on my first playthrough last year especially the Kara storyline. Coming back to it I had to do nearly 2 full playthroughs following a guide which was pretty boring but I actually started to get into the story again near the end.

Screenshot-2021-05-31-at-18-25-26.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 1/10

Definitely one of the worst grinds in my backlog, I mostly had only dlc trophies still obtainable with the main mode taking about 30 hours, no difficulty requirement so I just had it on in the background over several days and got a couple ultra rare trophies out of it at least

Screenshot-2021-05-31-at-18-26-10.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 3/10

Very good game that shows they can continue the Uncharted series without Drake, I don't mind the idea of more open levels but chapter 4 was very tedious to go back through when it came to missing collectables

Screenshot-2021-05-31-at-18-26-56.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 6/10

Cleanup difficulty = 5/10

Actually thought I was going to struggle to plat this when first attempting some of the challenges and was wondering how the rarity is so high, playing on easy difficulty with automatic transmission this game felt like a 9/10 difficulty until I looked through some threads and saw hard difficulty with manual gears is recommended and once I tried that it became much more doable. Fun game but not sure what it says about the mechanics when increasing the difficulty actually makes the game easier.

• Like 1

Screenshot-2021-06-02-at-23-04-46.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 3/10

Fun game that I just had to come back and boost a couple online trophies for, was surprised to see the servers are even still up

Screenshot-2021-06-02-at-23-05-43.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 4/10

Was missing 1 DLC trophy for the 100%, needed a guide for a couple of the trials but not sure why I didn't finish it with the rest of the game years ago. Coming back to this has made me start working on cleaning up the first Peggle and that's a lot tougher 

Screenshot-2021-06-02-at-23-06-24.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 5/10

Was just missing the DLC for this which hadn't been released when I platted it, wasn't too difficult especially when following a guide for the hidden boxes. Coming back to this for the first time in 4 years the input delay seemed very noticeable, I don't know if it was always this bad and I'd just forgotten but it worries me when I need to go back for the plats on Crash 1 and 2 at some point

Screenshot-2021-06-06-at-01-03-39.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 7/10

Cleanup difficulty = 6/10

Saved this for my 100th platinum and while it's still a good game it definitely shows its age. Had to do playthroughs on hard and crushing for the plat, bits of it came back to me as I played but since I could barely remember anything it was like playing for the first time again. Most of the crushing run wasn't too bad as long as I was patient but there's a couple areas where they can rush you from both sides and you just have to shoot your way out of it, can't imagine what the brutal runs are like on the remastered versions.

Certainly wasn't expecting to hit 100 plats at the start of the year given I started on 72 and I didn't get a single platinum in 2020. Definitely have some regrets on my account with Slyde being the biggest, it's the definition of paying for trophies and having it as my fastest platinum is just a constant reminder, when I get a PS5 I'll probably autopop something just to get it off my milestones. Completing chickens on the road, road bustle and snake boat in the space of an hour felt gross and made me realise I don't want to just boost my level with a load of trash, can't say I'll never do another quick easy game but I'll try and keep it to ones that at least interest me beyond just the trophies.

Screenshot-2021-06-10-at-00-59-29.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 3/10

Really enjoyed my first playthrough and am looking forward to playing the sequel at some point but putting missable collectibles in a game with no chapter select is a terrible idea. The game isn't that long and my second cleanup playthough only took 9 hours but it was 9 hours of just following a guide.

Screenshot-2021-06-11-at-00-36-23.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 5/10

First game I ever played on my dad's sega megadrive so every time I hear the music from green hill zone I get hit with nostalgia, Sonic controls like shit though which is probably why I got 1 trophy and then left it for 10 years. This would be rough if you couldn't save whenever you want but since you can I got everything done in 1 run.

• Like 1

Hey, congratulations on the journey so far, i can see that we have some similar goals, like a higher completion, so hopefully we'll both knock that out.

3 hours ago, MD_91 said:

Screenshot-2021-06-10-at-00-59-29.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 3/10

Really enjoyed my first playthrough and am looking forward to playing the sequel at some point but putting missable collectibles in a game with no chapter select is a terrible idea. The game isn't that long and my second cleanup playthough only took 9 hours but it was 9 hours of just following a guide.

Definitely give a shot to the sequel, imo Stick of Truth is a superior game because of the writing, not only is funnier but is also an amazing parody of video games themselves. but when it comes to combat, Fractured But Whole wins, it has a tactical grid based combat, a lot of different characters to throw in your party, while still featuring the quick-time events. Anyway, it's all a matter of personal preference, i'm sure you will enjoy the sequel, especially because it's way easier to get the platinum, there's nothing missable as far as i can remember.

Interesting read. Respect to you for cleaning up your profile, some people would probably just start a new one.

I have a few games on mine I'd like to go back and work on at some point as well. It's tough to do, when there are so many good games I haven't played yet and only so much free time for gaming 

Edited by TC_217

28 minutes ago, Neptuos said:

Hey, congratulations on the journey so far, i can see that we have some similar goals, like a higher completion, so hopefully we'll both knock that out.

Definitely give a shot to the sequel, imo Stick of Truth is a superior game because of the writing, not only is funnier but is also an amazing parody of video games themselves. but when it comes to combat, Fractured But Whole wins, it has a tactical grid based combat, a lot of different characters to throw in your party, while still featuring the quick-time events. Anyway, it's all a matter of personal preference, i'm sure you will enjoy the sequel, especially because it's way easier to get the platinum, there's nothing missable as far as i can remember.

Thanks, I'd like to go for under 3000 unearned trophies by the end of the year like you are but not sure how realistic it is so just keeping it as a general goal for now.

Yeah I've seen a few people say they prefer the writing in the first game, already bought the second one but holding off on adding any new games for a while but I'm looking forward to it more now if there are actually no missables.

13 minutes ago, TC_217 said:

Interesting read. Respect to you for cleaning up your profile, some people would probably just start a new one.

I have a few games on mine I'd like to go back and work on at some point as well. It's tough to do, when there are so many good games I haven't played yet and only so much free time for gaming 

Thanks, you don't have much to go back to but it looks like it's mostly difficult or unobtainable stuff left, I would probably be happy with my account in your position to just focus on new things especially if your free time is limited but it's going to probably take me years to get to that point.

• Like 2

Screenshot-2021-06-18-at-16-16-13.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 5/10

Anyone that has completed this probably knows about the glitch that can turn it from about an 8/10 difficulty to 1/10 by making what are meant to be trophies done in a single run cumulative over all runs, I tried to do the hardest trophies legitimately for a few hours before giving up and getting them done with the glitch in about 25 minutes. I like this game but not enough to put an unknown amount of hours into getting good at it when I have so many other games to get through.

Screenshot-2021-06-18-at-16-17-48.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 6/10

Cleanup difficulty = 4/10

Thought I was going to really struggle with this at first but after watching some videos of the best routes I finished it pretty easily, went from being 5 seconds outside the time needed for the time attack trophy to being 12th on one of the leaderboards out of about 2000 players. Very satisfying game to play once I got used to the mechanics and could feel myself improving quickly, I thought the trophy for playing 50 games would just happen naturally but I ended up having to grind it for a few hours after finishing everything else which dropped my enjoyment a bit.

• Like 3

Screenshot-2021-06-20-at-22-06-20.png

Cleanup enjoyment = 6/10

I remember playing this for about an hour when I first got it and and deciding I wasn't interested in a more simulation style race track based need for speed game, coming back to it now when all the nfs games follow the same arcadey open world formula I enjoyed the change in approach. There were enough different things to work towards that I never felt like I was pointlessly grinding but I started to get a bit bored near the end and could've done with it being a couple hours shorter.

Start of Cleanup: 20th April 2021 - Progress: 20th June 2021

304 games played/83 completed - 315 games played/121 completed

Completion % - 64.5% (estimate) - Completion % - 68.68%

3892 unearned trophies - 3558 unearned trophies

Made a lot of progress in the first 2 months, feels good to be nearing 70% completion because the last time it will have been that high must've been at least 9 or 10 years ago. Not included in the completed games are 5 games that I've cleaned up and now only have unobtainable trophies left meaning I still have 189 games to go back to, a massive amount but until the PS5 starts doing enough to make me really want one I can see myself working on this for a very long time.

Hey, nice thread, I enjoyed reading of your experiences, especially on the games I’ve still got to return to myself. 

Don’t give up on Fifa 15! I hated that trophy, but it was so much easier to do with a friend online. 

Also, don’t be ashamed of any trash plats, they all form part of your PlayStation journey/story, and you can look back at the dates you earned them to see where you were at at that point. 

Good luck with the clean up!