MD's backlog/cleanup Diary

MD_91

Glad to see you are still at it! It took me a while, but I finally acted on the inspiration I got from your thread and others like it. I did some work on my backlog and lowered my unearned trophy count by more than 300. Now I'm going to play a few new games and then get back to the backlog. Keep up the good work

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TC_217 said:

Glad to see you are still at it! It took me a while, but I finally acted on the inspiration I got from your thread and others like it. I did some work on my backlog and lowered my unearned trophy count by more than 300. Now I'm going to play a few new games and then get back to the backlog. Keep up the good work

As far as inspiring my checklist is definitely very low down the list compared to the quality and effort a lot of people put into theirs but if it helped motivate you at all that's good to hear ?

Shame you can't get 100% anymore but hopefully you can still get your unearned down to double digits 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Screenshot-2023-04-28-05-21-50.png

Actually not as bad as I remembered it being and would probably be pretty enjoyable playing it with another person as the co-op focused game they intended it to be but still by far one of the weakest games in the series along with Full Frontal Assault.

Screenshot-2023-04-28-05-21-56.png

With all of the offline stuff doable on the easiest difficult and all the online being easily boostable this shouldn't be anywhere near as rare as it is, the most challenging thing about it ended up being finding a reliable boosting partner as what should be about 20 hours of boosting ended up taking me 5 months to get finished.

Screenshot-2023-04-28-05-22-02.png

Definitely wouldn't have imagined getting the plat for this 2 years ago as this was one of the last games I played right before I actually started caring about completion and now that I've done it I would probably put it just behind Tetris Effect as the most difficult thing I've done on my profile. Sadly this wasn't anywhere near as enjoyable or satisfying of a challenge as Tetris was and left me close to hating the game by the time I was finished. N Verted mode and having to get all the gems again in those levels just felt like cheap padding, the amount of boxes and the hidden placements of some of them led me to just using a guide for most levels and the time trials just gave me hours of frustration, I'm definitely not going to feel bad about autopopping the PS5 version.

Screenshot-2023-04-28-05-22-07.png

This will now always stand out as one of the more frustrating games on my account, the game itself is extremely easy even if you don't know much about cricket but earning the platinum has ruined the milestones on my profile. The clock battery on my PS3 died about 6 months ago meaning I need to make sure I always sign in to PSN before earning trophies so they have a timestamp, I'm surprised it took me this long to mess up but this was the game I finally forgot to do that for, not really a big deal but I'd started to put more thought into my milestones over the last couple years so I couldn't help but be pretty annoyed at myself when I realised I'd screwed them up.

Screenshot-2023-04-28-05-22-12.png

One of the positive things about platting Crash 4 was it motivated me to finally go back and finish this up and after the pain of some of the time trials in 4 coming back to get the remaining ones I still needed in this was like a walk in the park, the dlc level did give me a bit of trouble but it allowing you to skip 1 time trial from the main game when you've beat it was a good feeling knowing I didn't need to even think about dealing with The High Road.

2 Years Cleanup Progress: 20th April 2021 - 20th April 2023

304 games played/83 completed - 387 games played/237 completed 

Completion % - 64.5% (estimate) - Completion % - 81.56%

3892 unearned trophies - 2615 unearned trophies

• Like 3