PS5 restocks

NMErickson

I am currently trying to secure a PS5 online but it’s tough with the high demand and scalpers snatching them up. I would to love to hear where people are having luck getting them from these days. If you got a PlayStation 5 online after launch where in the US did you get it from? I’m targeting the retailers listed below and got the closest with Best Buy & Walmart so far. Haven’t seen any stock with the others.

[Update 5/26] I got one. From the unlikeliest seller of the bunch, Amazon. When I got the restock alert I went to Amazon where I already had it in my Wishlist. Selected Wishlist and Add to Cart. This let’s you avoid the front page and heavy traffic. It took a couple minutes because there were still errors and they were flying fast so it would tell me it’s not available but might be available from another seller. But I kept trying and finally got confirmation. It’s not hopeless, it just requires persistence.

Here’s links to two Twitter accounts that notify of restocks, the PS5 pages of each store, and buying tips. A note on Walmart: sometimes they will show a marked up console from a 3rd party.

PS5 restock alerts - Matt Swider Twitter

PS5 restock alerts - @PS5stockalerts Twitter

Disc console:

Best Buy

Wal-Mart

Target

GameStop

Amazon

Sony Direct

Digital console:

Best Buy

Wal-Mart

Target

GameStop

Amazon

Sony Direct

Tips for using each retailer’s website and more online retailer links:

PS5 restock tips - tomsguide

Edited by NMErickson
  • Like 1

I’ve also been using the restock alerts trying to get it and have come close with Best Buy and GameStop. I got one Sony direct invitation via email a while ago but it sold out while I was in the queue.

Has anyone gotten multiple invitations from Sony or is it a one time thing?

• Like 2

It's been raining PS5s for me in the past 12 hours!  I got one last night through a twitter notification that Walmart had a drop, then I got a phone call from EBGames (Canadian Gamestop) today and I'm heading down to pick up my third PS5 in about an hour!  I got my first one on launch day and now I've got the Walmart one shipping to arrive on June 10th and I'll have the other one today.  I'm hoping this means supply is picking up and you guys will all get yours soon!  Keep hoping and definitely subscribe to twitter notifications!  My twitter follow that came through was @Ps5Canada in case any Canadians want to know.  I've seen quite a few people get theirs through his notifications!  Also, make sure you're on as many call lists as possible for stores in your area!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Studfox said:

I’ve also been using the restock alerts trying to get it and have come close with Best Buy and GameStop. I got one Sony direct invitation via email a while ago but it sold out while I was in the queue.

Has anyone gotten multiple invitations from Sony or is it a one time thing?

I checked and my email for that direct queue was over two months ago and no more since.

When I click on it now it always says “ The event has ended. Thank you for being a loyal consumer. All of our items have been reserved. Don’t worry, there will be more opportunities to get your hands on a PS5 console in the future”.

So we’ll probably get another chance using that but who knows when.

• Like 1

My strategy was adding on to my cart from Best Buy when I got the first restock notification. It took ages and tons of site crashing to get it in there, but I did.

I didn’t touch the Best Buy site at all until the next restock notification. I went in, and the PS5 was still sitting in my cart, so I just clicked checkout. Since it was already in my cart, I didn’t have to go through all of the errors and crashing that others were experiencing trying to add it. Worked like a charm.

I highly recommend Best Buy. Bots have destroyed sites like Walmart. They’ll all sell out before you can even click “Add to Cart” there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, visighost said:

You need three PS5s eh...

2 actually, one is for my wife.  The other I'm giving to my mother, who is also a gamer and is on a single income, so would never be able to afford one on her own now.  If I can get another one, I'll be selling it at cost to a friend who is also looking.  I got really lucky, so it's time to spread the wealth and help out as many people as I can in my area!  I know it's probably frustrating for people who are struggling to get one to see me talking about getting my 3rd, but the last two just happened and I wanted to share how I managed to get them so that hopefully others can follow that route!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ResoluteRock said:

My strategy was adding on to my cart from Best Buy when I got the first restock notification. It took ages and tons of site crashing to get it in there, but I did.

I didn’t touch the Best Buy site at all until the next restock notification. I went in, and the PS5 was still sitting in my cart, so I just clicked checkout. Since it was already in my cart, I didn’t have to go through all of the errors and crashing that others were experiencing trying to add it. Worked like a charm.

I highly recommend Best Buy. Bots have destroyed sites like Walmart. They’ll all sell out before you can even click “Add to Cart” there.

Good info, thanks. I’ve managed to get it in my cart at both Best Buy and Walmart, immediately went to check out, and poof they were gone before I got confirmation. The bots are too fast. It’s becoming a silly game of cat and mouse. I’ll try your method (waiting for two notifications)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FFATMA said:

It's been raining PS5s for me in the past 12 hours!  I got one last night through a twitter notification that Walmart had a drop, then I got a phone call from EBGames (Canadian Gamestop) today and I'm heading down to pick up my third PS5 in about an hour!  I got my first one on launch day and now I've got the Walmart one shipping to arrive on June 10th and I'll have the other one today.  I'm hoping this means supply is picking up and you guys will all get yours soon!  Keep hoping and definitely subscribe to twitter notifications!  My twitter follow that came through was @Ps5Canada in case any Canadians want to know.  I've seen quite a few people get theirs through his notifications!  Also, make sure you're on as many call lists as possible for stores in your area!

unfortunately you buying 3 means 2 other people arent getting them. there is a guy on ebay who has sold 200+ of them at $1k

edit, read your other comment. its good your spreading them around to family.

i was a jealous dickhead and jumped to conclusions, my bad LOL

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

unfortunately you buying 3 means 2 other people arent getting them. there is a guy on ebay who has sold 200+ of them at $1k

edit, read your other comment. its good your spreading them around to family.

i was a jealous dickhead and jumped to conclusions, my bad LOL

No worries at all, I completely understand the perception.  I was hesitant to post, because I don't want to look like I'm rubbing it in, but I ended up posting it because I want people to have hope.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

there is a guy on ebay who has sold 200+ of them at $1k

I saw someone’s comment on one of those Twitter stock status alerts that said scalpers pay $200 for a bot. That’s pennies compared to the profit they gain. That guy made nearly $100k. It’s a sad but lucrative business.

Holy crap I got one. From the unlikeliest seller of the bunch, Amazon. They just had a restock and it will be here in two days it says. What I did was already have it in my Wishlist then when I went to check out I selected Add to Cart. This let’s you avoid the front page and heavy traffic. It took a couple minutes because there were still errors and they were flying fast so it would tell me it’s not available but might be available from another seller. But I kept trying and finally got confirmation. It’s not hopeless, it just requires persistence.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NMErickson said:

Holy crap I got one. From the unlikeliest seller of the bunch, Amazon. They just had a restock and it will be here in two days it says. What I did was already have it in my Wishlist then when I went to check out I selected Add to Cart. This let’s you avoid the front page and heavy traffic. It took a couple minutes because there were still errors and they were flying fast so it would tell me it’s not available but might be available from another seller. But I kept trying and finally got confirmation. It’s not hopeless, it just requires persistence.

Nice, congrats! Yeah the big takeaway from this thread is apparently I need to wishlist or keep it in the cart and then just express checkout when these sites get restocked lol

• Like 1

On 5/26/2021 at 10:34 AM, NMErickson said:

glad you got one bro. i tried something similar on walmart, signed up to their site and entered my cc info in firefox so it would autofill. when ps5 came up i thought cool one click ill be done, instead it took me to all these extra pages and i lost it lol. i tried so many times on walmart anxiously waiting for the countdown and wasting so much time that i gave up. people have told me the apps work way faster on checkout but my phone is old (im a conspiracy nut) so im stuck using pc. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Im so tired of following these stock alert accounts and never getting one. So much waiting, refreshing, and buggy storefronts. I've been trying for a month now and have given up hope. ?

Was originally just going to wait indefinitely to get one until I can actually walk into a store and just buy one off the shelf, but my ps4's wifi receiver has gone out and I'm going crazy here. ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kingjavs said:

Im so tired of following these stock alert accounts and never getting one. So much waiting, refreshing, and buggy storefronts. I've been trying for a month now and have given up hope. 1f611.png

Was originally just going to wait indefinitely to get one until I can actually walk into a store and just buy one off the shelf, but my ps4's wifi receiver has gone out and I'm going crazy here. 1f629.png

Good luck with it, I've decided to just wait it out, got my Xbox One fixed so I'm taking a sabbatical from trophy hunting to get my gamerscore up. Looking forward to when they're widely available, Ratchet and Clank on Friday has got me wanting one a bit.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Why is only Digital being restocked now? I want Physical.

This is getting more and more ridiculous

Just luck of the draw I guess - I wanted the digital one, but when I found a store selling the other week, they only had the disc version, so had to just take what I could get.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1