Ghosts 'n Goblins for free for Plus users

Jimmy947

14 minutes ago, Beware_Of_Bob said:

Thought it was the remake for a second. 

So which games are in the free set? The description in the store only mentions 1943 and for the other games you have to buy DLC packs?

This isn’t part of a set, it’s just the individual game for free:

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0102-CUSA26272_00-CASROM0053DLC000

(you have to login to your account first for it to show as free)

There are 3 sets available but none are free, they’re priced at around £11.99 each I think.

1 minute ago, Jimmy947 said:

This isn’t part of a set, it’s just the individual game for free:

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0102-CUSA26272_00-CASROM0053DLC000

(you have to login to your account first for it to show as free)

There are 3 sets available but none are free, they’re priced at around £11.99 each I think.

Ah, I see now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Wow, a whole £1.69 off. You so generous Capcom..

is it possible to buy specific games separately?

4 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Wow, a whole £1.69 off. You so generous Capcom..

Hahaha. I did think that!

it’s obviously just to make us download the launcher and tempt us into buying other games too ?

Having said that, this was the main game I was interested in revisiting anyway so I’m happy. Plus you can get all those lovely bronze trophies from a single game too!

I will probably grab Strider and Final Fight though if they’re £1.69 each lol.

3 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

is it possible to buy specific games separately?

So far this is the only one I’m seeing available individually in the actual PS store. Can anyone confirm if the others are available to purchase individually within the arcade stadium? I haven’t tried it out yet.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy947 said:

Hahaha. I did think that!

it’s obviously just to make us download the launcher and tempt us into buying other games too 1f602.png

Having said that, this was the main game I was interested in revisiting anyway so I’m happy. Plus you can get all those lovely bronze trophies from a single game too!

I will probably grab Strider and Final Fight though if they’re £1.69 each lol.

So far this is the only one I’m seeing available individually in the actual PS store. Can anyone confirm if the others are available to purchase individually within the arcade stadium? I haven’t tried it out yet.

GnG 85 is an excellent and difficult game, many trophies can be obtained and perfected there for sure

Ok I just looked at the 3 packs. From here

https://www.capcom-arcade-stadium.com/us/products/

Clearly pack 2 is the only one you need.

It has 8 of the best games, Final Fight, Captain Commando, Mercs, Mega Twins, Strider, Carrier Airwing etc.

and of course at least one Street Fighter II, the original one.

Arguably the best game on Pack 1 is Ghosts and Goblins and they just gave it away. lol

Edited by enaysoft

Awesome, but does it mean that we'll "activate" the Capcom Arcade Museum trophy list if we play it? Or can we play it completely trophy-free? Do you know what I mean? I just looked at that Capcom Arcade Museum list, and it looks like a nightmare.

But I would love to play Ghost 'n' Goblins if I can avoid that trophy list.

3 hours ago, HellcoreFire said:

I just typed goblins instead of globins in the app and immediately found it. Thanks for the info.

Sorry, my bad! I was half asleep when I posted! Thread title has been edited now.

I swear at the time when I typed in ‘Ghosts n’ goblins’ the only thing that came up was the remake though, but now when I search this appears. Strange.

Looks like you can most of the trophies? What about the Class Trophies?

Ghost n Goblins one would be a feat to complete the trophies with (Battle of Midway is free with the base game). 

Edited by Kishnabe
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Ok I just looked at the 3 packs. From here

https://www.capcom-arcade-stadium.com/us/products/

Clearly pack 2 is the only one you need.

It has 8 of the best games, Final Fight, Captain Commando, Mercs, Mega Twins, Strider, Carrier Airwing etc.

and of course at least one Street Fighter II, the original one.

Arguably the best game on Pack 1 is Ghosts and Goblins and they just gave it away. lol

I agree. I only really want Final Fight and Strider from Pack 2 (I guess SF 2 is nice to have as well) but none seem to be available for purchase individually. I guess I’ll grab Pack 2 when it inevitably ends up in a sale at some point.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RonanO_1O1 said:

Can you get all the trophies with only 1 or 2 games or do you need all the games?

That might be difficult, not sure if anyone knows yet. I wonder what

CapcoMaster
Reach Class 20: CapcoMaster.

is all about. Perhaps you need to get highscores on 20 games?