The PS5 version is here

On 5/25/2021 at 8:17 AM, sephiroth4424 said:

There is a difference between SR2,SR3,SR4? I'd swear it's the same game with different character skins

Yeah, SR, and SR2 are good.  3 is meh, and 4 is hot garbage.  SR2 is widely regarded as the best, followed by 1. Not sure why they keep Remastering 3.  Fans want 1 & 2.

9 minutes ago, NxtDoc said:

Yeah, SR, and SR2 are good.  3 is meh, and 4 is hot garbage.  SR2 is widely regarded as the best, followed by 1. Not sure why they keep Remastering 3.  Fans want 1 & 2.

Weren't 1&2 basically GTA clones? Haven't played them myself, just vaguely remember my boyfriend playing them and I remember absolutely nothing. I did have great time with absurdity of 3&4. 

Not trying to be mean, I am genuinely interested in why people like 1&2, since I barely remember their existence. :D

51 minutes ago, NxtDoc said:

I feel like it's not that cut and dry. A *lot* of people prefer 3 and 4. I think the fanbase is honestly pretty evenly split. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Forunth said:

Weren't 1&2 basically GTA clones? Haven't played them myself, just vaguely remember my boyfriend playing them and I remember absolutely nothing. I did have great time with absurdity of 3&4. 

Not trying to be mean, I am genuinely interested in why people like 1&2, since I barely remember their existence. :D

I mean, yes.  But that isn't bad.  1 & 2 were still very good.  Every game takes something from others.  And there is nothing wrong with that.

3rd person Open world action games can be made outside of GTA.  Just like FPS can be made, and be a COD Clone and be good.  

2 minutes ago, TheBlackFool said:

I feel like it's not that cut and dry. A *lot* of people prefer 3 and 4. I think the fanbase is honestly pretty evenly split. 

If it is, I certainly haven't seen it.  

• Like 1

A few hours ago the cross save worked fine here (Italy), but I had just one trophy (the 2 hrs for both genders). It seems also just a couple more could autopop. What's the point of keep on playing from the PS4 save if they don't fix this? How I'm supposed to unlock other trophies when I've already completed story and several activities?

On 26.05.2021 at 11:56 PM, NxtDoc said:

I mean, yes.  But that isn't bad.  1 & 2 were still very good.  Every game takes something from others.  And there is nothing wrong with that.

3rd person Open world action games can be made outside of GTA.  Just like FPS can be made, and be a COD Clone and be good.  

If it is, I certainly haven't seen it.  

Thanks for explaining. Maybe that'd why I barely remember them, I never was a fan of GTA formula. 

On 28/05/2021 at 3:18 PM, Ashbo said:

Is this a full autopop if you have a 100% completion PS4 save?

Read mixed reports, so would be good to know.

No full auto-pop. 

Some will auto-pop but you will have to still play the full game.

On 28/05/2021 at 3:18 PM, Citizen_Pleb said:

Anyone else having an issue with gotta break em in not working? Completed the ho boat but it didn't unlock ;-;

I had decker.exe and Complete Act 2 not unlock. I believe it was because I had changed my internet settings (wired to wireless). I closed the game and everything after completed.

Unfortunetly I have to do a partial playthrough as I realised too late to correct it.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly I didn't understand why they spend money and energy for this re-remaster. I play about a hour just to unlock the easy trophies after the PS4 save transfer disaster and I didn't see any real difference. They made a mess porting from PS3 to PS4 and now looks like the PS5 version has not only trouble in trophy autopop but in game as well. Did anybody really pay for PS5 version of a decent PS3 game (don't get me wrong, I love it, but after playing it on XB360, PS3, PS4 I was just ready to complete some challenges after the save transfer, not replaying it from the very start)

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/26/2021 at 5:15 PM, Forunth said:

The story is basically that back then people complained constantly that SR1 and 2 were GTA clones, so Deep Silver decided to switch things up with SR3. SR2 had a fair bit of comedy in it, so they decided to lean into that all the way. SR3 because a little more cartoonish and absurd...and they somehow tipped the scale with SR4.

Personally though, I've always been a huge Saints Row fan. Back in 2008 I got far more enjoyment out of SR2 than I ever did GTA IV. You can see the heavy similarities, but SR2 was little less serious and just more focused on having fun and causing chaos. I love 3 and 4 as well though, so I'm not super picky...but a full remake of at least SR2 would be awesome. But really...I'm ready for Saints Row 5 at this point. 

• 5 months later...
On 7/6/2021 at 3:56 AM, Viper said:

The story is basically that back then people complained constantly that SR1 and 2 were GTA clones, so Deep Silver decided to switch things up with SR3. SR2 had a fair bit of comedy in it, so they decided to lean into that all the way. SR3 because a little more cartoonish and absurd...and they somehow tipped the scale with SR4.

Personally though, I've always been a huge Saints Row fan. Back in 2008 I got far more enjoyment out of SR2 than I ever did GTA IV. You can see the heavy similarities, but SR2 was little less serious and just more focused on having fun and causing chaos. I love 3 and 4 as well though, so I'm not super picky...but a full remake of at least SR2 would be awesome. But really...I'm ready for Saints Row 5 at this point. 

Technically THQ made the call, they were still Volition’s Publisher back then. Deep Silver bought them out in 2012 if I am not mistaken.