[Video] The History of Infallible

N1NJ4_V4MP1R3

8 minutes ago, djb5f said:

I don’t think the whining changed anything.

A new (and much easier exploit was found) but I don’t think it was a result of the whining.  Just another Mediatonic oversight and judging by the number of bugged/glitched trophies, this has been fairly commonplace.

So now the people who spent countless hours using the quit-out exploit (still challenging and time-consuming) are upset that others found a much easier and quicker exploit.  No irony there! 1f602.png

I didn't use a quitting exploit, I did it legitimately and i've done it legitimately afterwards too. Good try, though. 

But yes, I see your point in general, although the quitting exploit still took way more effort than this. Can't blame people for using it though. 

• Like 3

Well I never whined and just opted to play the game on an alt account as I usually dont play mp games anyway and played abt 10 hrs of it at launch with friends. Now i came back cuz of the glitch. (it does suck for those who did it legit obviously) and yes it got a lot more doable with the squad mode since we got a 4 streak(with dc) or 3 streak without dc wins in a row. But trophy hunters can't be blamed for the glitchy mess that the game is in. There are so many bugs that really impede with the enjoyment of a really fun game. Also I feel infalliable really clashes with the casual friendly theme of the game that the devs keep preaching. Heard someone say there's no in game stats screen become they don't want to promote tryhards(not sure how true). 

15 minutes ago, Gotakibono said:

I still stand firm in the belief my whining was justified in regards to Fight Night Round 4's trophy list. 1f602.png

That was my 4th platinum ever, I stumbled across some kind folks.

I would not be surprised if eSports Boxing Club has a trophy similar to it with how much they are promoting the eSports angle (real belts for competitions).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gotakibono said:

I still stand firm in the belief my whining was justified in regards to Fight Night Round 4's trophy list. 1f602.png

Yeah, I used to think Infallible was the most controversial Trophy ever, only after a bit, I remembered about these online belt Trophies I had read about a while ago ?

On 25/05/2021 at 1:33 PM, N1NJ4_V4MP1R3 said:

A short video on Infallible and all the relevant drama, inspired by the recent exploit!

Big thanks to everyone on this forum in particular, I combed through practically every thread to research it :D 

Very good video! Definitely subbed, you guys have some good content 

21 hours ago, trewth2002 said:

Very good video! Definitely subbed, you guys have some good content 

Thanks a million :) we have a lot of fun recording the videos! 

On 28/05/2021 at 8:02 AM, KenjiCBZ said:

Yeah, I used to think Infallible was the most controversial Trophy ever, only after a bit, I remembered about these online belt Trophies I had read about a while ago 1f605.png

Yeah whatever about winning games in a row, trophies requiring you to be the literal world champion and then allowing you to hold on to the title take the biscuit ?

On 28/05/2021 at 2:47 AM, dieselmanchild said:

Hey, this is a great idea for a video! I will definitely be watching this later. I really enjoy these kinds of videos about interesting bits of history in video games and their various sub cultures whenever I stumble across them on YouTube. 

Yeah I tried to emulate the style of some of the videos I love to watch; like Summoning Salt or Karl Jobst. Those history videos always interested me a lot and I think there’s so many interesting stories thanks to trophies! We have a few more in the pipeline! 

5 hours ago, N1NJ4_V4MP1R3 said:

Yeah I tried to emulate the style of some of the videos I love to watch; like Summoning Salt or Karl Jobst. Those history videos always interested me a lot and I think there’s so many interesting stories thanks to trophies! We have a few more in the pipeline! 

Yeah those are the exact kinds of videos I’m talking about! Like recently I stumbled on Summoning Salt’s video about that one guy who tried to hold all speed records in Mario Kart 64 simultaneously, and how the speed running community rallied together with the sole purpose of keeping this guy from holding every single record at once. It turned into this epic war that played out over several years, and was completely fascinating to learn about.

Also saw a great fireb0rn video recently about this really famous and revered Hollow Knight speed runner from China who got busted for cheating and faking his videos of hitless pantheon runs, and all the detective work and drama that ensued as the community outed him. I saw another one where he talks about this young kid who completely flipped the accepted speed run routes on its head and figured out a brand new way to speed run the game. Stuff like that is so interesting to me, and you’d literally never hear of this stuff if it wasn’t for the well researched videos that break down all the drama that goes on behind the scenes in these sorts of tiny, exclusive communities and sub cultures in video gaming.

I watched your Infallible video this morning while waking up & drinking my coffee. It was a great watch! Nice job. I subbed to your channel also. ?

Good video.

I think these high spike trophies in an easy list all spawn from the early days of Xbox 360 achievements; Mile High Club (Modern Warfare 1), 7 Day Survivor (Dead Rising 1), Seriously (Gears 1). It's not a bad thing actually it's a very good hook to keep a person playing; you've gotten 90% to 95% you just see the 5% left not the full coverage so you keep playing. But I feel we've moved past that era as it ruins the end user's overall enjoyment.

The dev/devs who created it, did it for a dick move. PubG, Fortnite etc didn't do it mainly as they realised it was a massive unrealistic expectation to get it. It's meant to be a progression of fun, not a pain in the ass to due to online RNG bull.

Edited by wardragon989