CASPO Guide for CapcoMaster Trophy

6 hours ago, NMErickson said:

What: This is the schedule of upcoming events planned by Capcom. The schedule can also be found by selecting "View Notices" in the menu. Bonus Campaign and Special Challenge are the two events that include a new batch of games every week to compete in. They are not available for all games, all the time. Score Challenges and Timed Challenges are the two challenges always available and the type will differ based on the game.

Why: The whole reason for this post is so people are aware of the grind needed for CapcoMaster rank and to have a quick way to see events so you can plan and gain points faster. Ultimately, with the community’s help, I’d like to discover the best methods and post them here. Basically, completing challenges and earning score in a game while it is featured in the event for that week will earn extra Caspo [WIP, need to find out how much extra Caspo is awarded for each event, more on that below]. Caspo, the points system that works like XP, is needed for 4 trophies related to reaching new classes, up until the final one, Class 20: CapcoMaster. Ways to earn Caspo and Caspo bonuses can be found in the menu under 'Manuals'. Choose either 'Caspo' or 'Rankings' for details.

Ok, but why is it so important? CapcoMaster, the final rank, requires 100 million Caspo (!). To put it in perspective, rank 2 requires just 10K Caspo, rank 10 requires 5 million Caspo, rank 15 needs 20M, then all the way up to 100M for rank 20. For most, going for this trophy will take longer than the 'Play for at least 100 hours' trophy. Depending on skill, it could take around 100 hours if you master every game and compete in the events or it could take hundreds of hours if you are a casual player and don't participate in the events. I estimated this by checking the Caspo leaderboards each day the first couple of days after launch and by tracking my Caspo earnings while playing casually and experimenting a little bit. Playing casually and not focused on challenges, high scores, and completions can score roughly 25-50K per hour. Doing that, after 100 hours one would only be at 5 million of the 100 million points needed. Now let's look at a Capcom employee's pro play of a game (I have the pic saved on my computer, it's from the Capcom Arcade Stadium website). They earned 344,301 Caspo after completing the game in 23 minutes, 44 seconds. The final results was their score bonus then a x2 campaign bonus, a x1.20 ranking bonus, a x2 time bonus, a x1.20 completion bonus, and a x1.20 no-continue bonus. So at that rate, even with mastering and completing the game with no continues or help, it would take roughly 115 hours for CapcoMaster rank.

Quick note on the Invincibility DLC: I have it and tested it out. It disables trophies and doesn't count towards game completions. It can only be used in normal/free play and can not be used in any of the ranked or event modes. You still earn Caspo using it but at a reduced rate. I have not tested and don't want to test it what happens when close to a new rank trophy. Best not to activate it if close to a rank up trophy just in case it doesn't pop the trophy. The DLC is nice if you just want to mess around or experience a full game without any trouble but that's about it. It's not ideal for Caspo farming.

Note: This will be a work in progress. I'm interested in hearing about everyone's Caspo earning methods, progress towards rank 20, and which games are best to grind score on (ie Giga Wing). I will update the page as we get more scoring info. Now about the two special events and the schedule for them.

Event #1: Bonus Campaign

-If a game is currently part of the weekly Bonus Campaign playlist you will see a stack of coins icon in the upper left corner of the game title while scrolling through games.

-Capcom description: "Playing Bonus Campaign games offers the chance to earn a lot of extra Caspo!", "Caspo rewards are greater than usual"

-[WIP: Details are vague but it seems to add a multiplier to all Caspo points earned during the session. Would like to update when find out the values and if it applies to regular games or only Score/Timed Challenges]

Event #2: Special Challenge

-If a game is currently part of the weekly Special Challenge playlist you will see a pink flag with stack of coins icon in the upper left corner of the game title while scrolling through games.

-Capcom description: "Special Challenges are a type of ranked gameplay where you compete based on your score or time when playing with the specified conditions", "A limited-time game mode where you compete based on various conditions", "Try it and gain extra Caspo!"

-Special Challenge Types:

• Normal Rules (will either be a Score Challenge or Timed Challenge. For example, score based on the time it takes you to clear the game)
  • Maximum Speed (Game speed set to Very Fast)
  • Game Speed Changes OK (You may change game speed unlike most ranked games)
  • Upside-Down (screen turned upside down)
  • Maximum Difficulty (Difficulty set to Hardest)
  • 1 Life Only/1 Life + Bonus Lives Only/1 Life + 1 Bonus Life Only/2 Lives Only
  • No Bombs
  • Endless Mode (total score at game over)

Challenge details and rules can be viewed by pressing square for 'Challenge Details' while the Special Challenge mode is highlighted when a participating game is selected. Depending on the challenge type, sometimes you will be allowed to Rewind. Otherwise most all other settings will be turned off as this is considered a type of ranked mode.

-[WIP: One may be rewarded extra Caspo for high scores and completing games either normally or with certain conditions applied. Values are unknown. Would like to update when find out the values]

Schedule

Mon 5/24 - Sun 5/30/21

Bonus Campaign:

Vulgus ($: Pack 1)

Forgotten Worlds ($: Pack 1)

Ghouls 'n Ghosts ($: Pack 1)

Strider ($: Pack 2)

Final Fight ($: Pack 2)

Captain Commando ($: Pack 2)

Warriors of Fate ($: Pack 3)

Super Street Fighter II Turbo ($: Pack 3)

Giga Wing ($: Pack 3)

Special Challenge:

Ghosts 'n Goblins (Challenge: Maximum Speed) ($: Standalone 1.99) (Free for PS Plus members until 6/2/21)

1943 - The Battle of Midway (Challenge: Upside-Down) (Free)

Street Fighter II - The World Warrior (Challenge: Normal Rules-Timed Challenge) ($: Pack 2)

Battle Circuit (Challenge: Normal Rules-Score Challenge) ($: Pack 3)

Mon 5/31 - Sun 6/6/21

Bonus Campaign (Games repeated from previous week):

Special Challenge (Games repeated from previous week):

Ghosts 'n Goblins ($: Standalone 1.99) (Free for PS Plus members until 6/2/21)

1943 - The Battle of Midway (Free)

Street Fighter II - The World Warrior ($: Pack 2)

Battle Circuit ($: Pack 3)

Mon 6/7 - Sun 6/13/21

Bonus Campaign:

Varth - Operation Thunderstorm ($: Pack 2)

1944 - The Loop Master ($: Pack 3)

Progear ($: Pack 3)

Special Challenge:

Pirate Ship Higemaru ($: Pack 1)

Mon 6/14 - Sun 6/20/21

Bonus Campaign:

1942 ($: Pack 1)

Commando ($: Pack 1)

Legendary Wings ($: Pack 1)

1943 - The Battle of Midway (Free)

1941 - Counter Attack ($: Pack 2)

Carrier Air Wing ($: Pack 2)

Varth - Operation Thunderstorm ($: Pack 2)

1944 - The Loop Master ($: Pack 3)

Progear ($: Pack 3)

Special Challenge:

Section Z ($: Pack 1)

Senjo no Okami II ($: Pack 2)

19XX - The War Against Destiny ($: Pack 3)

Mon 6/21 - Sun 6/27/21

Bonus Campaign:

1943 - The Battle of Midway (Free)

Special Challenge:

1942 ($: Pack 1)

Dynasty Wars ($: Pack 2)

Street Fighter II - Hyper Fighting ($: Pack 3)

Mon 6/28 - Sun 7/4/21

Bonus Campaign:

Bionic Commando ($: Pack 1)

Carrier Air Wing ($: Pack 2)

Street Fighter II - The World Warrior ($: Pack 2)

Battle Circuit ($: Pack 3)

Special Challenge:

Commando ($: Pack 1)

1941 - Counter Attack ($: Pack 2)

Powered Gear - Strategic Variant Armor Equipment ($: Pack 3)

More to come. First post will stay updated.

Alot of effort put into this. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This looks solid, lots of info I didn't even realize (like the Special Challenges). For some reason, I thought all games had the option to play until I saw some greyed out. Did not realize that they were part of the Bonus Campaign and playable only on certain dates.

Great guide, this should be a sticky or something. They do sticky posts here... right? ?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, agorazUHD said:

This looks solid, lots of info I didn't even realize (like the Special Challenges). For some reason, I thought all games had the option to play until I saw some greyed out. Did not realize that they were part of the Bonus Campaign and playable only on certain dates.

Great guide, this should be a sticky or something. They do sticky posts here... right? 1f914.png

Thank you, friend. Between our testing, I think we cracked wide open how this game works, especially pertaining to the glitched trophies. I would have been carrying on about my business, hit rank 20 in a veerryy long time, then no trophy. The less people that go through that, the better.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Either the campaign changed or there are none on right now. Doesn't seem to be any on any games right now.

[edit] Ok so by rebooting the game, campaign does not refresh. You have to have played a game and then ended the game so it checks the servers and then it will refresh...

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Either the campaign changed or there are none on right now. Doesn't seem to be any on any games right now.

Yes, the new week just changed 1.5 hours ago. For me it starts Monday at 11pm and ends 11:59pm Sunday (US Central time). If you start a game and leave it should be refreshed when you get to the menu :) 

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, DHawk12 said:

So now that the capcomaster trophy is fixed, what is the best way to farm points?

I have every game and im currently at 2m points but 100m is way too much of a grind to do naturally.

If you can figure out how to rewind the end bonus of 1942 or another game’s end bonus repeatedly it might be quicker but that didn’t work for me even after the patch. The reloading of the 1942 save method described above is easy and quick (but very boring) once you get the hang of it. Regardless of the way you do this, the grind will be brutal.

Edited by NMErickson

On 10/26/2021 at 9:14 AM, NMErickson said:

If you can figure out how to rewind the end bonus of 1942 or another game’s end bonus repeatedly it might be quicker but that didn’t work for me even after the patch. The reloading of the 1942 save method described above is easy and quick (but very boring) once you get the hang of it. Regardless of the way you do this, the grind will be brutal.

So do I just reload the in-game save and thats it? No messing with save data outside the game? I tried rewinding but it didn’t work although I didn’t exactly follow the method posted (offline).

On 11/4/2021 at 6:26 AM, man08071983 said:

The only fast way is to buy a game, they are now 1.99, I bought final fight and playing timed challenge I get between 125 to 140 caspo points in 45 minutes. So I play 2 to 3 times a week. No rush now. 

Hey there. I sincerely hope that you are earning way more than 125-140 Caspo points for completing a game of Final Fight.

I'm just messing with you. I know that you mean 125k-140k per game.

As a few people are now already aware, the games in this collection are available to purchase individually, which is really great news. I personally bought Battle Circuit. It's not as good as Final Fight, but it gets the job done, when earning as much Caspo as possible. Just playing through normally on timed mode (infinite continues), using the blue guy, I am getting a minimum of 320,000 to a maximum of 350,000 Caspo points per game. And that's decent, but it's still a heavy grind towards to 100 million mark. Each game of Battle Circuit takes me approximately 27-30 minutes. Which is also not too bad. So, doing the math on that, I'm earning roughly just over 1 million Caspo points per every 3 x games (average game length is 28.5 mins). That's just under 90 mins (1/1/2 hours) to get 1 million points. So, that would take about 333 play-throughs (about 150 hours) to reach that final goal. I suck at math's, so if anyone wants to check my numbers, please feel free to do so, thanks. But you get the idea. I am currently playing about 3 games per day. So, it's going to take me many months to achieve this trophy.

Another technique I am experimenting with and trying to implement is with my Turbo controllers. Which are very handy most of the time with exceptionally long tedious repetitive grinds such as this. Super Bomberman R was the whole reason I purchased Turbo controllers. If you are familiar with that game, then you will understand why. Anyways, you can assign up to 4 buttons on full auto turbo all at once. I reassigned some of the buttons configurations within the game (battle circuit) itself, to make it easier to setup with the Turbo controller. I have punch, credit feed, start game, and super all turbo-ed, with the left stick held to right to advance in the game. It works to a degree, but because the turbo (which i have on slowest speed) is so fast, my character will not walk right to advance the game stages. He sits there punching thin air until the timer runs out, and therefore the game ends. If anyone has an idea how to automatically make my character advance screens to the right, that would be awesome. If I can get this to work, The game will just keep replaying it self, but each play-through would be longer than 30 mins. And AFK in about 8 hours you should get around 12-15 games completed?

If anyone has anymore ideas on how to grind this trophy, apart from all of the other topics about rewinding/game save exploits etc.

Please feel free to share any new ideas or thoughts here. Thanks.

Edited by TheDarkKratos

Final Fight I did once on Timed Challenge, but 45 mins just seems too long.

When I was playing I played Captain Commando, once you get good at the game and can get a high score you can complete it in about 30 mins, my record is 29 mins. That nets you 150k-200k per game.

I had decent fun until I got to 5 million CASPO and saw that I had 95 million to go, and just thought, hmm nah. It's stupid in a way you get so many points on timed scrolling beat-em-ups.

I did Strider and got an apalling 60000 points or so for about 45 minutes-60 minutes or more, I only died a couple of times too as I am quite familiar with Strider as I played it a load on my Megadrive back in the day.

Games like Street Fighter II, even if you get all the way to Sagat without losing a credit you're probably not even gonna get more than 30000.

Anyway even at 200k a game, a million points takes like 3 hours of non stop gameplay...

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDarkKratos said:

If anyone has anymore ideas on how to grind this trophy, apart from all of the other topics about rewinding/game save exploits etc.

Please feel free to share any new ideas or thoughts here. Thanks.

I applaud you’re trying to do this the old fashioned way and without reloading saves or rewinding but wouldn’t using a turbo controller to go AFK sort of fall into the same category? I guess I just don’t understand why you would opt to play or leave a PS4 on for 150 hours instead of getting it done in 4 hours, especially if you plan the AFK turbo controller route. 150 hours does sound right though to do it legit. When testing the games, every calculation put it between 105-200 hours. I like retro games as much as anybody and might have gotten there one day, but they set the highest rank so obscenely high, it just felt unnecessary. However you do it though good luck.

Edited by NMErickson

This guide is confusing as fuck. There's a lot of technical shit you need to be aware of. Other users are saying they are getting CASPO by completing games normally. Even when doing this in the fastest way possible, it will still take around 150 - 200 hours or so to get the Capcomaster trophy.

This is the ultimate trophy troll list with Capcom trolling their trophy hunter playerbase. Granted, this collection of old arcade games was meant to be played for fun and most of the people who bought this probably don't give a fuck about trophies at all.

They're doing just like they did with Capcom Arcade Cabinet several years earlier, charging $39.99 for all the games available. That collection was a serious ball buster, definitely the hardest 100% I have done on my trophy profile. But in contrast to playing individual games and simply being good at them, Capcom Arcade Stadium has no game related trophies at all and is all about grinding.

I like the fact that they threw in 'participation trophies' in here as well, such as simply playing a game and using the rewind feature. Anybody can do that. Yet it has some truly hardcore trophies like the aforementioned Capcomaster trophy that only the most dedicated of trophy hunters can finish.

So from what I've gathered, the best way to earn the Capcomaster trophy is simply to beat a game then 'rewind' to gain the points, like with Ghosts n' Goblins upon receiving the kiss from the Princess. Personally, I hated going thru that game and to receive the real ending you have to beat the game TWICE, so that just sounds like a bitch. But once you reach that point, it's simply a matter of grinding points constantly, which is where this guide gets the estimated 8 - 12 hour timeframe.

I love old Capcom games as much as anybody else, just like you said in the OP, but fuck, seeing this garbage trophy list really makes you wonder, is it really all worth it in the end?

Edited by Parker

29 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

but fuck, seeing this garbage trophy list really makes you wonder, is it really all worth it in the end?

I guess for people who like super ultra rare trophies in their collection, this is a good one to have.

That's technically though because it's a free game and like when a game is given away on PS+, this game is permanently free, but it's easy to get 1 trophy and then realise you can't really get half of them without paying some cash for other games, and I guess, most people play the free 1942 and then just don't bother after that. I think Ghosts and Goblins being free was just temporary, pretty sure you can't get that one anyway (I could be wrong though)

Rarest trophy is currently at 0.17% and that's mostly by people using the save load trick.

If it takes you 150-200 hours playing on high scoring times when the bonus days are on, imagine how many hours it would be legit playing normally 400-600 hours? And of course judging by how many people got the 100 hours playing trophy on the PS3 version, who's going to be grinding this for all that time just for a few bronze? Likely not many.

I am rarely playing now but I will likely only ever get 1000 times played and 100 hours.

The next trophy I think is 20 million Caspo, although off the top of my head, can't quite remember.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I guess for people who like super ultra rare trophies in their collection, this is a good one to have.

That's technically though because it's a free game and like when a game is given away on PS+, this game is permanently free, but it's easy to get 1 trophy and then realise you can't really get half of them without paying some cash for other games, and I guess, most people play the free 1942 and then just don't bother after that. I think Ghosts and Goblins being free was just temporary, pretty sure you can't get that one anyway (I could be wrong though)

Rarest trophy is currently at 0.17% and that's mostly by people using the save load trick.

If it takes you 150-200 hours playing on high scoring times when the bonus days are on, imagine how many hours it would be legit playing normally 400-600 hours? And of course judging by how many people got the 100 hours playing trophy on the PS3 version, who's going to be grinding this for all that time just for a few bronze? Likely not many.

I am rarely playing now but I will likely only ever get 1000 times played and 100 hours.

The next trophy I think is 20 million Caspo, although off the top of my head, can't quite remember.

You can basically get all but two or three trophies in this collection without much effort. For the 100 hours trophy you can just go AFK by leaving your console on for a few days. You can make an infinite loop by reaching the fourth level in the game Pirate Ship Higemaru. Just box yourself in and the pirates will be helpless, so the game runs endlessly since there is no time limit. That's how I got the 50 hour trophy in Capcom Arcade Cabinet. There is no 100 hours played trophy for that collection.

For the 1000 times played trophy, I imagine you just enter a game then back out as soon as you see text.

The Timed/Score challenge trophies probably vary, depending on what games you prefer playing and want to stick to.

Only 1942 is free, the rest you have to buy (either $1.99 a piece or $39.99 for the whole set).

This thread intrigues me because there has already been updates that have patched out a couple things so I'm wondering how long the save load trick for the Capcomaster will last. If you can't do that then this will be a real nightmare to 100 percent. We're reaching Star Ocean 4 and Crypt of the Necrodancer levels of dedication here.

These are old games from the 1980s to the early 2000s so a majority of people getting this collection are retro gamers. The fact that the actual Capcom Arcade Stadium is "free" is probably why it has a good amount of active players, otherwise it will be more like the Sega MEGA Drive & Genesis Classics collection where you have to pay a fair amount of money to even play it.

For most anybody, they will never earn all the trophies. Having this many old games in one collection for them to play and enjoy is good enough.

5 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

But once you reach that point, it's simply a matter of grinding points constantly, which is where this guide gets the estimated 8 - 12 hour timeframe.

I love old Capcom games as much as anybody else, just like you said in the OP, but fuck, seeing this garbage trophy list really makes you wonder, is it really all worth it in the end?

3 & 1/2 hours is the quickest way using the reload saves method. I never got the rewind trick to work but if it did work I’d imagine it would shave off maybe an hour. It would only save a few seconds each time. I don’t know where you’re getting 8-12 hours? I made this guide only for the CapcoMaster trophy after seeing how f’n ridiculous they made it when the rest of the list is relatively easy.

As enaysoft said, people that like ultra rare trophies would love these. It’s what these collections tend to do with the difference of number of players vs. people actually going for the ridiculous trophies. I don’t pay much attention to my earned ultra rare trophies but I noticed a few from this game takes up all the top spots.

Being an old head, I was going to play this collection regardless but once I started getting trophies, learning the leveling up system, and testing stuff out, I had fun researching stuff and thought I’d share my results. It’s a lot of info but I wanted to cover absolutely everything I found out about that hellish trophy.

TLDR: Yes, the trophies for this game are stupid but getting a 100 to 1000 hour trophy (depending on dedication) down to 3.5 hours was pretty sweet.

Edited by NMErickson

9 hours ago, NMErickson said:

3 & 1/2 hours is the quickest way using the reload saves method. I never got the rewind trick to work but if it did work I’d imagine it would shave off maybe an hour. It would only save a few seconds each time. I don’t know where you’re getting 8-12 hours? I made this guide only for the CapcoMaster trophy after seeing how f’n ridiculous they made it when the rest of the list is relatively easy.

As enaysoft said, people that like ultra rare trophies would love these. It’s what these collections tend to do with the difference of number of players vs. people actually going for the ridiculous trophies. I don’t pay much attention to my earned ultra rare trophies but I noticed a few from this game takes up all the top spots.

Being an old head, I was going to play this collection regardless but once I started getting trophies, learning the leveling up system, and testing stuff out, I had fun researching stuff and thought I’d share my results. It’s a lot of info but I wanted to cover absolutely everything I found out about that hellish trophy.

TLDR: Yes, the trophies for this game are stupid but getting a 100 to 1000 hour trophy (depending on dedication) down to 3.5 hours was pretty sweet.

I was referring more to getting all the trophies provided you can successfully pull off all the tricks this guide provides. Still, you will be spending those hours constantly reloading saves over and over and over. I had to read this guide over multiple times to understand what was being said.

This trophy list honestly doesn't look that hard at all. I just downloaded this collection and played 1943, the one free game Capcom bothered to give out. I earned a bunch of trophies without any real effort.

I couldn't quite get to 10,000 CASPO or better, as those trophies along with clearing a game on the hardest difficulty setting (which may be trivialized by constantly inserting coins) may be the only remotely difficult trophies to get.

The trophy averages are probably due to the fact that the actual Capcom Arcade Stadium itself is "free", the rest of the games you have to pay money for. So most people probably picked this up to play their favorite classics.

7 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

This trophy list honestly doesn't look that hard at all. I just downloaded this collection and played 1943, the one free game Capcom bothered to give out. I earned a bunch of trophies without any real effort.

I couldn't quite get to 10,000 CASPO or better, as those trophies along with clearing a game on the hardest difficulty setting (which may be trivialized by constantly inserting coins) may be the only remotely difficult trophies to get.

The list is relatively easy but stupidly easy if you know the tricks to use. Other people have posted their methods in other threads but to summarize everything, you could make this a simple completion by purchasing just two games: 1942 & Mega Twins.

1942 obviously for the reload save trick. 3.5-4 hours of a boring reloading save grindfest for all the rank related trophies. But first you must play through the game once to set up your save at the end and that takes slightly over one hour.

Mega Twins for clear a game on Hard trophy and the gain 10/25/50K Caspo in one session trophies. These are the only “hard” trophies but with Mega Twins you just have to play through the game until completion using as many continues as you need. It’s not a difficult game to begin with and a clear will take 30-45 minutes. You’ll need to do it twice, once in Timed Challenge and once with the difficulty turned up. In Timed Challenge you get continues. The games that have a Score Challenge instead of a Timed Challenge do not let you continue. See Game Modes & Events section for more details. Alternatively, Captain Commando can be used for these as well. Enough Caspo will be earned, it’s doable on Hard, and is about the same length as Mega Twins.

Play x hours trophies = AFK any game on the score result screen.

Play games x times = Just constantly load a game and exit. Another annoying grind that would probably take about an hour and a half.

The rest of the trophies are so easy they need no explanation and can be completed in less than hour. You might have to wait a number of weeks to play though for a certain game to be on the event playlists for the event related trophies.

So using this info and all the tricks, the whole list is roughly an 8 hour completion (not counting the 100 hour AFK) and because you’re using Mega Twins where you literally can’t screw it up as long as you keep playing until you clear it, I’d say it’s a 2/10 for difficulty.

Some people don’t like buying games or will only purchase their favorites. They might just use what they have and that’s completely understandable. But having 1942 and Mega Twins is the optimal way. Now that the games are available separately, if a trophy hunter is looking to complete this in the fastest and easiest way, it would be wise to purchase those two games for $4 total. It’s a whole other story if all you have is the free game, 1943. But if you’re only going to use the free game and play normally, the only extra advice I can give is to get good at it, play it while it is a Special Challenge event (see scoring example section at the bottom), and try to gain as many multiplier bonuses as you can (see Scoring section). I can’t remember what 1943’s end bonus was if you’re going to try the reload save method but it wasn’t nearly as good as 1942’s. I did originally include end bonuses of different games I tested in the guide but it became too much to clear every game to check the end bonus. Instead, I just listed the best one.

And AJ_Radio, if the CapcoMaster guide is too much or too confusing, just know I included A LOT of extra info for people that just want to play the games normally, not use an exploit, or that don’t own all the games. I basically just tried to dissect the whole scoring system.  But if you plan on trying this with 1942, if anything just read about half way down in “The Absolute Fastest Way to CapcoMaster” paragraph where the bold text starts. The TLDR of it would be make a save before the end bonus in 1942, wait for 1942 to be in a weekly event playlist, and repeatedly reload the save after gaining the end bonus. You can do this if the game’s not in an event playlist, it will just take twice as long. So 7 to 8 hours of constantly reloading saves. That would do my head in. Hope this helps and let me know if something didn’t make sense :)

Edited by NMErickson

1 hour ago, NMErickson said:

Mega Twins where you literally can’t screw it up as long as you keep playing until you clear it, I’d say it’s a 2/10 for difficulty.

would it be easier than captain commando?

Btw my 1943 save trick method went completely wrong so I'm only using a 20k save, this is going to take forever.

2 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

would it be easier than captain commando?

Lengthwise, it’ll be about the same, but I need to test difficulty, if continues are generous (ie doesn’t set you back in a level), and if you can gain the 50K in one playthrough. Let me test it real quick and I’ll update the post here and let you know in about 30-45 minutes.

Just now, NMErickson said:

Lengthwise, it’ll be about the same, but I need to test difficulty, if continues are generous (ie doesn’t set you back in a level), and if you can gain the 50K in one playthrough. Let me test it real quick and I’ll update the post here and let you know in about 30-45 minutes.

thanks i appreciate it