Tactician Trophy Bugged?

Hi, I have recently started ME2, the "tactician" trophy can be done immediately with Jacob and Miranda (my Shepard has no biotic abilities) so in the first mission to the first enemies I combined the ability of Jacob that raises the enemy and Miranda's ability to create the explosion, I immediately had 1/20 in the bottom right. I have had proof that the combination works. Later, however, I DON'T COUNT IT MORE, how is it possible? Has this happened to anyone?
Maybe just that combination got bugged? 

I assigned the two skills to "left" and "right" and did them quickly too, yet after the first time it didn't matter anymore. They are enemies without a barrier (he counted it once so they're okay)
I wonder: do they have to die to count?

EDIT: I started a new game by creating the protagonist with powers, I practically did the same thing but using him and then the partner, he started counting. I have unlocked the trophy. Very strange. Thanks anyway for the answers.

Edited by Siriodorione

All these power related trophies seem to be a bit hit or miss as to whether they count. I've definitely done more than the requirement for Incinerate and Warp, but it still says I need more to get it. It doesn't seem to matter whether or not they had full armour/barrier etc

I had some issues with this as well. Turned out I was too slow, I used one ability and then brought up the wheel to use second, and it often was too slow. I reccomend using either shortcuts on R1L1 or click both abilities when on the wheel without unpausing. 

Also, the tracker doesn't show up all the time. It often shows only "milestones" like every 5 or 10 targets. At least it did for me. You can always check your progress either at Sheps quarters or in main menu->extras

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kenobi_Wan93 said:

All these power related trophies seem to be a bit hit or miss as to whether they count. I've definitely done more than the requirement for Incinerate and Warp, but it still says I need more to get it. It doesn't seem to matter whether or not they had full armour/barrier etc

At the moment I am missing two of these trophies, that of incinerating the armor (I have not yet caught enemies with that, yellow bar I think) and the one on the barrier (same as before). Because here we have shields, barriers, armor. You have to be careful xD

Sometimes the pop-up counter for merciless or tactician just does not show up. Normally it should be triggered for every 5. successfull usages, but only is shown in rare cases. Got trophies for merciless and tactician without seeing a pop-up counter for a very long time and never saw one for the final usage, only the trophy poped up. 

Also the usage counter for tactician seems to be buggy:

a. Sometimes it counts when you first tell Jacob to use Pull >> Leave the wheel >> Jacob uses Pull and the enemie starts to fly >> Go back into the wheel and tell Miranda to use Warp >> Leave the wheel >> Pulled enemy is warped.

b. Sometimes it is better to bring up the wheel >> Activate Pull from Jacob >> Activate Warp from Miranda >> Pulled and warped in an instant.

==> Just be aware that enemies for tactician must be stripped of barrier, shields and armor first before they can be affected with biotics.

For merciless I think that the enemies must be stripped of any protection and must be dying because of incinerate and such.

Edited by Geridian

On 5/27/2021 at 5:48 PM, Geridian said:

They added "tech bursts" to LE:ME2? Afaik, this is only added in ME3, so should be also present in LE:ME3. LE:ME2, like ME2, should only support "Warp Bursts".

ah, apologies - I got lost in the forums ME1-ME3:LE and at the moment I am finishing ME3.

The tech burst was added in ME3 true, but aside every 3rd or 4th biotic combo not counting in ME2 I managed to complete them all across 2 or 3 missions with Miranda/Jacob combo. (Pull+Warp)

I had no biotic abilities since I was an engineer. So while I doubt it's completely bugged for the OP it's more of a hit or miss with the counter.

I noticed that if the pull enemies hit an obstacle (box, cover...) or don't 'float' when struck by the detonation power it has less chance to count.

Probably half of my count was done on Jacob's loyalty mission against the basic mechs and reloading a save.

• Like 1

The trick I found to make every single thing count was to actually be aiming down the barrel of a weapon (with L2) at an enemy when issuing a squad command. At first, I was just hovering over an enemy and telling, for instance, Jacob to Pull, then Miranda to Warp, and nothing was counting.

The moment I specifically aimed at an enemy with a pistol (or rifle, or sniper, etc.), then - while aimed - had Jacob use Pull, let it happen, re-aim as the enemy is blue and floating, then have Miranda use Warp, everything started counting. Same thing with Warping barriers, incinerating armor, and overloading shields… None of it was counting unless I aimed down a weapon barrel and issued the command.

Edited by Geoffx37
  • Like 1

On 29.5.2021 at 8:53 PM, Geoffx37 said:

The trick I found to make every single thing count was to actually be aiming down the barrel of a weapon (with L2) at an enemy when issuing a squad command. At first, I was just hovering over an enemy and telling, for instance, Jacob to Pull, then Miranda to Warp, and nothing was counting.

The moment I specifically aimed at an enemy with a pistol (or rifle, or sniper, etc.), then - while aimed - had Jacob use Pull, let it happen, re-aim as the enemy is blue and floating, then have Miranda use Warp, everything started counting. Same thing with Warping barriers, incinerating armor, and overloading shields… None of it was counting unless I aimed down a weapon barrel and issued the command.

yep, thats what the trick did for me. I tried so many times with Miranda and Jacob, combining Warp and Pull in every way and it just wouldn't count. As soon as i aimed at the enemy and used warp and pull simultaniously, it worked every single time.