Biomutant - glitched trophies thread

Bykovsky7

Hello everyone.

This thread is the heads up and/or for solving potentially glitched trophies in Biomutant.

So far, it is said that there is one glitched trophy and it makes the platinum trophy unobtainable on the latest patch 2.01. The trophy is "Old World Gadgets". If someone has information, why exactly this trophy is glitched and what a solution is, please share it here in this thread.

Edited by Bykovsky7
  • Like 1

EDIT: Apparently people are still able to get the trophies as long as they didn't start with the unpatched version of the game. So make sure you update the game before starting up! 

Great thread idea! Here's what I wrote down in another thread but it's applicable here!

Here's the Powerpyx guide!

From the Guide: 

• Bugged trophies: 2 – trophy Old World Gadgets (unobtainable with patch 2.01), trophy Toytinkerer (bugged for some players) –> a workaround is to play the physical disc version offline without downloading the patch

For Old World Gadgets - the trophy is seemingly unobtainable with Patch 2.01. It worked fine on previous version 1.00. The only workaround is to buy the disc version, disconnect the console from the internet so it can’t download the patch, and play offline. Or wait and hope for a patch to fix it in the future. Luckily, you can get 15 Old World Gadgets in about 1 hour in a New Game if you run straight to them.

For Toytinkerer - the bear with lantern has stopped spawning in Patch 2.01 for some players. It worked fine on version 1.00. If you’re done with all other trophies and he never spawned, the only workaround is to buy the disc version, disconnect the console from the internet so it can’t download the patch, and play offline. Or wait and hope for a patch to fix it in the future.

It's definitely a little annoying to have to use an older version of the game (One that's apparently prone to crashing) 1f643.png

Edited by mikeygjr007
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, mikeygjr007 said:

Great thread idea! Here's what I wrote down in another thread but it's applicable here!

From the Guide: 

• Bugged trophies: 2 – trophy Old World Gadgets (unobtainable with patch 2.01), trophy Toytinkerer (bugged for some players) –> a workaround is to play the physical disc version offline without downloading the patch

For Old World Gadgets - the trophy is seemingly unobtainable with Patch 2.01. It worked fine on previous version 1.00. The only workaround is to buy the disc version, disconnect the console from the internet so it can’t download the patch, and play offline. Or wait and hope for a patch to fix it in the future. Luckily, you can get 15 Old World Gadgets in about 1 hour in a New Game if you run straight to them.

For Toytinkerer - the bear with lantern has stopped spawning in Patch 2.01 for some players. It worked fine on version 1.00. If you’re done with all other trophies and he never spawned, the only workaround is to buy the disc version, disconnect the console from the internet so it can’t download the patch, and play offline. Or wait and hope for a patch to fix it in the future.

It's definitely a little annoying to have to use an older version of the game (One that's apparently prone to crashing) 1f643.png

Is it known why this trophy is glitched? Does it just not pop up when all requirements have been met? 

50 minutes ago, Bykovsky7 said:

Is it known why this trophy is glitched? Does it just not pop up when all requirements have been met? 

Lol read again it is clearly said " the bear with lantern has stopped spawning in Patch 2.01 for some players." which means you can't do his quests at all therefore can't get the trophy.

Edited by TwistedFate-NA

25 minutes ago, TwistedFate-NA said:

Lol read again it is clearly said " the bear with lantern has stopped spawning in Patch 2.01 for some players." which means you can't do his quests at all therefore can't get the trophy.

The strangest part is that it's only some players. Some people still find him and can get the trophy. The inconsistency is bizarre.

Correct. Both trophies are currently broken.

I can get the bear to spawn everytime in two locations, but he vanishes as soon as he appears when I get near him.

The tracker in tbe gadgets trophy is broken. I have interacted with everyone once and the phone box tracker regjsters as 2/5 and then 4/5 when I do the next one, so yeh, they both need fixing.

Stop spread fear insanely....

most of times i adore early guides like powerpyx ones but sometimes (like this) cause only confusion on who cant tests trophies by himself!

I don't know how powerpyx played the game but if you start the game on patch 2.01 the bear spawns (random of course) normally and the trophy pops without issues!

it is broken ONLY if you start without dayone patch and the upgrade the client during a playthough

and for old world gadgets BEFORE 2.01 patch it was just to interact with one of each kind and AFTER the patch is to complete ALL the 15 quests relate to them (aka find em all!)

so no trophy is really broken only descriptions are missleading at max

hope this helps :) 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Cobrame said:

most of times i adore early guides like powerpyx ones but sometimes (like this) cause only confusion on who cant tests trophies by himself!

I don't know how powerpyx played the game but if you start the game on patch 2.01 the bear spawns (random of course) normally and the trophy pops without issues!

it is broken ONLY if you start without dayone patch and the upgrade the client during a playthough

and for old world gadgets BEFORE 2.01 patch it was just to interact with one of each kind and AFTER the patch is to complete ALL the 15 quests relate to them (aka find em all!)

While I can see this being true, would you happen to have a source on where you obtained this information? It's the first I'm hearing of it and I'd love for it to be true so I can start playing.

3 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

current save file at 9h 31min. I've seen the bear spawn once. Probably just bad luck on my side that I didn't see him more.

I've played 2.01 from the start

I'm playing unpatched and I'm 6h 3min in and I haven't seen the bear spawn either, only those red foxes. 

37 minutes ago, Cobrame said:

Nah, I tried these methods on 2.01 and even deleted the game and neither trophy has worked.

I've had the game for 3 weeks so managed to try these methods before release on the latest patch. It may work for some, but not all.

I've found all 4 bears and still found 2-3 more on patch 2.01, with 7h gameplay. My tip is to go around the south-eastern islands as that's where I find him the most.

Did anyones tribe quest glitch out? It says conquer tribe outposts and the quest markers are there but I already completed them. The area is still yellow and if I try to enter the outposts it teleports me outside.. Normal?

1 hour ago, Deluziion90 said:

Just found bear nr 2 on 2.01. I'm pretty sure you can find them on open fields at night. that's where I found 2 now.

He appears regularly in the known spawn spots, which isnt the issue, the problem is, is when you approach him, he carries out the simulation you get once you have done all 4 quests for him and not the one where the stares at you and the quest line is offered.

7 hours ago, mikeygjr007 said:

From the Guide: 

lantenr respawn for me yesterday and today without problems, also I have all gadgets already and he spawned again.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cobrame said:

If you never update (offline PS4/physical copy), does the bear appear normally? Is it safe to start the game in 1.00, never patch and play offline until you get both trophies? I'm waiting for my copy to arrive today, and I'd like to know which route to follow.

11 minutes ago, Brainstef said:

If you never update (offline PS4/physical copy), does the bear appear normally? Is it safe to start the game in 1.00, never patch and play offline until you get both trophies? I'm waiting for my copy to arrive today, and I'd like to know which route to follow.

Everything should work on 1.00, game will just potentially crash a lot and is generally buggier. 

23 hours ago, Cobrame said:

Is this your personal experience cause you got the trophy that way or just an assumption? If the Trophy demands have been really changed, we would know it's not a bug.

Edited by Twoflowers