Biomutant - glitched trophies thread

Bykovsky7

8 hours ago, Foremanskin said:

I can confirm that Old world gadgets ARE glitched. I did all of them with patch 2.01 and didn't get a trophy. Don't believe this nonsense that the trophy works now after doing them all instead of 15 of each type.

While it probably won't mean much. Thank you for letting those of us waiting on this exact information know. I'll continue to wait for a patch before starting.

14 hours ago, Foremanskin said:

I can confirm that Old world gadgets ARE glitched. I did all of them with patch 2.01 and didn't get a trophy. Don't believe this nonsense that the trophy works now after doing them all instead of 15 of each type.

Yes, is glitched for me too, I made all gadgets mission 100% and not trophy.  

I believe I know why this trophy is bugged, though it isn't going to help in any way.

When you collect the Pling-Plong-Booth Old World Gadget, it goes up by 2. 

So the first one says 2/5, the second is 4/5 and then by collecting your third you finish the side quest. But actually, there are 2 more. 

I think the trophy tracks when each gadget reaches 1/5 collected but because the Pling-Plong-Booth cannot ever be 1/5 it isn't registering. I don't think this could be patched on a save that's experienced this issue, either. I think if they fix the Pling-Plong-Booth then we'll all need to make New Game Plus saves to get all 15 gadgets again. 

Unless they change how it is tracked, of course.

It's unlikely, but maybe if someone can find all 5 it may cause the trophy to unlock?

This is no easy feat because the tracking disappears after you collect your third, so you'd need to take screenshots of all the waypoints before collecting your third pling-plong-booth.

This is all conjecture at the moment but I thought it was interesting nonetheless.

Wish they'd hurry up and patch the damn thing already.

Edited by TheDblTap
spelling
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Teh_Zombz said:

craft a 7 star weapon is not popping for me

Popped for me on 2.01 so works

1 hour ago, Deluziion90 said:

Can confirm I installed the game again and put my network off so was on 1.00 this time around.

Trophy and platinum achieved immediately when I found number 15 thanks to this guide: 

Took me around 1 hour total. 

Could you explain the defeat/subdue tribe leaders?

I'm not able to complete 2 outposts of the first 2 tribes because they glitched. Could I pick the rival tribe side and defeat my old sifu to count it as 1?

13 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Can confirm I installed the game again and put my network off so was on 1.00 this time around.

Trophy and platinum achieved immediately when I found number 15 thanks to this guide: 

I will be trying this tonight to see if I can back you up, I tried this before without realizing the patch issue. Will let you know my outcome. 

14 hours ago, TheDblTap said:

I believe I know why this trophy is bugged, though it isn't going to help in any way.

When you collect the Pling-Plong-Booth Old World Gadget, it goes up by 2. 

So the first one says 2/5, the second is 4/5 and then by collecting your third you finish the side quest. But actually, there are 2 more. 

I think the trophy tracks when each gadget reaches 1/5 collected but because the Pling-Plong-Booth cannot ever be 1/5 it isn't registering. I don't think this could be patched on a save that's experienced this issue, either. I think if they fix the Pling-Plong-Booth then we'll all need to make New Game Plus saves to get all 15 gadgets again. 

Unless they change how it is tracked, of course.

It's unlikely, but maybe if someone can find all 5 it may cause the trophy to unlock?

This is no easy feat because the tracking disappears after you collect your third, so you'd need to take screenshots of all the waypoints before collecting your third pling-plong-booth.

This is all conjecture at the moment but I thought it was interesting nonetheless.

Wish they'd hurry up and patch the damn thing already.

When I am testing this I will make sure to check this and see if patch 1.0 has this counting issue with the Pling-Plongs.

Edited by SirJohnM14
Edit: Just tested this and I indeed have earned the trophy. The issue is the counting mentioned by TheDblTap.
  • Like 1

Just to rule out another possibility for everyone; I went and collected 5/5 of every Old World Gadget, including the glitched Pling-Plong Booths but the trophy didn't unlock on v2.01. 

Hopefully, that stops people from wasting 2 hours of their life getting them all, like I did!

• Like 3

How to open a case with Experiments 101 or THQ Nordic, regarding issues with trophies or the game performance?

I'm playing on PS4 Pro with 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, and I'm having awfully frames drops... 

Edited by Bykovsky7

9 hours ago, TheDblTap said:

Just to rule out another possibility for everyone; I went and collected 5/5 of every Old World Gadget, including the glitched Pling-Plong Booths but the trophy didn't unlock on v2.01. 

Hopefully, that stops people from wasting 2 hours of their life getting them all, like I did!

Yeh, I did this last week before the game launched as my last option given i'd done a NG+, a brand new game from scratch and a mix of early and new save reloads in hope of unlocking it, but to no joy.

Pains me being on 89% and that I would have had the plat long ago now as apposed to now waiting in hope that they fix it and the Toytinkerer. ?

On 5/28/2021 at 1:16 PM, Deluziion90 said:

So did you play the entire game on the day one patch and collect everything and THEN reinstall and just go get the gadgets? 

I'm currently playing the game on day one patch but I don't want to get too far if I'll have to restart anyway for the plat.

Beat and complete the full game. Only trophy missing is ofcourse the glitched Old World Gadgets trophy. Im gonna wait for next patch to see if they fixed it, and otherwise maybe try to do it again on a 1.0 file. But I see mixed results with different people. Hope to get more info on that first before wasting an hour or 2.

16 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

So did you play the entire game on the day one patch and collect everything and THEN reinstall and just go get the gadgets? 

I'm currently playing the game on day one patch but I don't want to get too far if I'll have to restart anyway for the plat.

Booted the game on 2.01 and did everything buy old gadgets bugged.

I deleted the game turned my network offline and reinstalled the game with 1.00. Topk me 2 hours to get the 15 gadgets on a new save file

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Booted the game on 2.01 and did everything buy old gadgets bugged.

I deleted the game turned my network offline and reinstalled the game with 1.00. Topk me 2 hours to get the 15 gadgets on a new save file

Ok, thanks. I'll just keep playing then. Two hours on a new save isn't that bad if I have to do that. Hopefully a patch comes soon that rectifies the situation and is retroactive.

• Like 1

I've been following this thread for a while (have the game on disc) but was waiting for a patch until I finish ME:LE if someone can confirm:

Long story short is that if you install and update to 2.01 you can do everything except Old gadgets, which are in turn attainable by deleting the game and playing offline on 1.00 until you collect them? No other trophy issues?

My outposts are glitched.. Can't finish the capture 6 outposts & subdue all leaders.

The Mitre Mop outpost & Vespidut outpost are glitched, the allied members are not spawning there to capture the outposts but the quest marker is there...

I guess I'm unable to finish the game if I can't unite all tribes?

Edited by Erkawest

2 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

I've been following this thread for a while (have the game on disc) but was waiting for a patch until I finish ME:LE if someone can confirm:

Long story short is that if you install and update to 2.01 you can do everything except Old gadgets, which are in turn attainable by deleting the game and playing offline on 1.00 until you collect them? No other trophy issues?

If were talking about the disc version. yes

Install the game and install 2.01 as well. Make sure you don't start the game before everything is installed.

Get all trophies except old world gadgets.

Make a cloud save, Delete the game and turn off your PSN network.

Reinstall the game and it should install the 1.00 version.

Rush the game using a guide on youtube where to find 15 old world gadgets and get the platinum.

Quit game > turn on network > update to 2.01 > get your cloud save back and if there's ever a DLC you got your main character back with a platinum trophy.

Edited by Deluziion90

I've encountered a glitch during The Open World quest. I can't pick up any of the pip anywhere on the map and I've done nothing but side quests and I believe I'm level 29 it's telling me to "find a mount" and when I go where I'm supposed to go and see the pip right beside the mount, nothing pops up around the pip for me to interact with it or anything. Anyone else getting this?

Until now everything works fine for me. I am not following a guide, I am just playing the game doing everything I can find.

I found the bear 4 times for the trophy and I havent even beaten the second boss. I saw him a fifth time afterwards when I was gliding around in the air - when I landed next to him he despawned. I've lost the last two fight against the guys from the past and I still got my Robot-Rewards from the bear.

I play on PS5.

• Like 1