Sony's Jim Ryan says the PlayStation team is planning on “exploring the mobile market with some wonderful PlayStation franchises”

Aranea Highwind

Give me Toro and Friends Onsen Town BACK AGAIN!!! and i can be happy  again .

Boys don't worry, obviously all the money it's still going for console games it's obvious, and we are still going to have AAA , AA and indie games for our consoles so don't worry , that Mobile games will maybe be like candy crush, Subway surfers and that kind of BS.

Mobile market it's very big we need to understand that 

Edited by TheAbyssWalker61

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

Until a phone has some sort of dpad, analogue and buttons attached to it as standard and the game system isn't riddled with 99% freemium crap, mobile phones will only be the most inferior gaming device.

Asus thinks it's worth investing in and short of needing to attach a dpad and analog externally, it's got all the extra buttons:

And they sell them for $600+

I don't think people are aware of how much gaming is going on with mobiles right now that isn't Candy Crush. Civilization VI is on mobiles right now for $10 and it's the full game and that's just one example. Racing, First Person Shooters, there's all genres of full games available on mobile.

2 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

Nintendo’s been doing it for years.

yeah and they are full of over priced micro transactions.

This isn't the first time sony have tried mobile gaming we had the Uncharted puzzel one from around Uncharted 4 (I still have it installed on my phone) and we got run sackboy run and then they just gave up with it but I can see why they want to try again but I'm not a fan of it but I guess we'll see if more comes of this.

Great! Can't wait for:

God of War - Match 4

Horizon - Tower Defense

Uncharted - Endless Runner

Days Gone - Endless Runner on a motorcycle

Astro Bot - Endless Runner

Sackboy - Endless Runner

The Last of Us Battle Royale

Rachel and Clank - Tower Defense

....no thanks

This thread reminded me of Destiny of Spirits on the Vita which was a 1st party Sony game. It was a free to play gacha game on the Vita released in 2014 which ultimately didn't work out and was discontinued a year later. It had event gachas for Knack, Gravity Rush, God of War, and... Soul Sacrifice I think was there too. It also had its own individual spirits with nice and varied art and a gimmick in there being 3 regions (US/EU/Asia) and certain spirits could not be gotten so you had to trade for them.

You could say perhaps it was ahead of its time and if something like it is done now by Sony it might work out so who knows... maybe we get a Destiny of Spirits 2, even if it doesn't get named that. Of course, the standard of Gachas (big successful ones anyway) is a lot higher these days so DoS's simplistic autobattle and touch to use an abilitity now and then would not cut the mustard. 

On 5/26/2021 at 7:08 AM, enaysoft said:

Exploring the mobile market would be great....if you'd MAKE A PLAYSTATION VITA 2, you idiot!! ...

I thought the mobile phone economy was already am insanely saturated market like nearly 10 years ago so why go back there?

It's like Jim Ryan purposely wants to take flaming dumps all over Playstation legacy.

We play Playstation BECAUSE they aren't mobile phone games.

It's a race to the bottom, just like what Steam and Microsoft are doing.

honestly this doesn't surprise me. Sony as a company already own aniplex that own fate grand order which has made billions across the westen release and JP release.

they also have i think a bunch of other waifu games of other popular IP's relative to anime stuff. 

i think this is gonna be them doing what Nintendo do like the mario cart game where the entry to enter is just own a phone but then have the real money come from the fomo and over priced mtx's that exploit fomo. 

from what i see they must be profitable and seemingly are very low matinance to really push new stuff out for people who play.