So what does it take to get your hands on one of these?

Cerlayjux

Im suprised there are still stock issues. I got mine end of march from amazon which i thought was quite late. Im in the uk and there are online drops at least once a week (at least there was when i got mine). 

Keep at it. I used a stock checker on twitter which helped massively

There is a lot of exaggeration from all sides - be it too easy or impossible to get.

For example, I'm from Croatia, small market, I doubt we had significant quantities slated to deliver for the mass market compared to Germany or France.

PS5's were sold out immediately in November (I was lucky to get mine through the legit store pre-order, paid MSRP) and aside a few scalped units on our version of ebay for ~20% mark-up there were none. Since February they have been popping up in the 'main PS importer' stores and now in smaller gaming/IT stores as well.

The other day some kids were walking out of an electronics store that sells mostly TV's and vacuum cleaners with them off the shelf. No mark up, no lines, no pre-orders etc. Just walked in and bought.

Perhaps try smaller stores, maybe drive 30-60min to a nearby smaller city that might have quantities available. Not relying solely on online orders, e-bay, or amazon those are the best chances to get out-botted. My friend placed a call to a store that also deals in electronics and has a terrible basic html/http website. They had 10 of them so he just drove and picked one for himself it was next to ancient PS3 games.

Depending on the whole epidemic/lockdown situation if you're in Europe and fancy a small trip across the border you might be able to get one that way. Fun trip and less gas/highway money than a 1000€ PS5 off some asshole scalper.

• Like 3

Making a blood magic sacrifice in the name of our lord and savior James Cuthbert Frodorick Ryan can't hurt.

...I mean, it can. Meaning... it will. It is a blood magic sacrifice, after all. And just inducing a nosebleed or something won't quite tickle Lord Ryan's pickle.

• Like 3

Just now, AK-1138 said:

Making a blood magic sacrifice in the name of our lord and savior James Cuthbert Frodorick Ryan can't hurt.

...I mean, it can. Meaning... it will. It is a blood magic sacrifice, after all. And just inducing a nosebleed or something won't quite tickle Lord Ryan's pickle.

Honestly that's what it feels like. And reading what everyone else has to day doesn't give me hope for the near future as far as getting a ps5 goes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cerlayjux said:

Honestly I have yet to be able to walk into a store and see one on the shelf. I got a stock alert and Amazon sold out within 4 minutes. Wtf?? Do I need to have enough luck to win the lottery or what? 

Read the online retailer tips on Tomsguide and get notifications from the Twitter restock alert pages.

I was able to get a PS5 from Amazon at this morning’s restock. The key was to have it on your Wishlist already and add it to your cart that way instead of on the main page where everyone’s trying to furiously add it to their cart. There’s tricks for each retailer.

Edited by NMErickson

9 hours ago, NMErickson said:

Read the online retailer tips on Tomsguide and get notifications from the Twitter restock alert pages.

I was able to get a PS5 from Amazon at this morning’s restock. The key was to have it on your Wishlist already and add it to your cart that way instead of on the main page where everyone’s trying to furiously add it to their cart. There’s tricks for each retailer.

Also have you card information, address etc already filled in. Last thing you need is select Pay Now and then have to add a Card because one got declined  or something like that.  

• Like 1

i had no problem..Top customer. Simple.

However, for the first 4 months, a number of stores were still doing a call list... which is why none were in store. i know Gamestop, Best Buy, Target, Walmart all did this. Also plenty of times it just came down to staff.

Realistically though in terms of exclusives...(ya you can argue PC bullshit)

Demons Souls 

Returnal

Ratchet Rift Apart. 

apparently both God of War and Horizon will be ps4 and ps5 release. Sooo ya

everything else is available on ps4 or other console. So unless you REALLY want one... i did. Various reasons. 

Get on as many store call lists as possible.  Every time a store gets a shipment, they'll be calling down those lists.  You'd be surprised at how many people don't answer their phones.  Just make sure you answer yours!  

There are tweeter account that give you an alert when a website gets a stock of ps5 :). Use those!

I preordered my PS5 back in september and received it a week after release (i still consider this as "day one" though xD), but since then i was able to buy 2 more console for my friends. I just happened to be in front of my PC when the tweets were released :).

where I live, there's only two stores that get stock, none of them sell that stock to actual regular buyers, one of them had a draw for th first batch and way too many people signed up, so now they have this huge list and after the draw, without telling anyone, are using it as kind of a waiting list and just call people on it to sell them PS5s when they have them instead of listing them on the site, which is incredibly idiotic and I'm pretty sure illegal, the other store that gets stock idk what they do with it, but there are a lot of PS5s being listed on user marketplaces at double the price with full warranties from both these retailers, so somehow somebody gets them, but I have never seen one listed on the actual sites or heard of anyone seeing them and buying them legit

Relieved that I got mine in november before all this shortage madness went down. I am from Brazil and the only place you can get the PS5 readily now is off of scalpers or overpriced small retailers. Stocks don't last for more than a couple minutes, sold out everywhere. And things don't seem to be getting any better. Thats a shame, really.