Uncharted 4 to release on PC per Sony IR documents

ziggypossum

Well, l love exclusivity. This is only reason why l sticked PlayStation so l don't like this news at all. I do hope someone will sue the shit out of Sony because of "false advertising" so many people have bought the console and games because we thought it was ONLY ON PLAYSTATION like how it was announced and now look at this?
This is such a dick move from Sony, l hope it will backfire and they'll end up lose their loyal customers. 

Kind of odd being the 4th one but eh whatever I just hope that means we will get a performance patch for PS5, would love to play this game at 60 fps. 

12 hours ago, Quink666 said:

They release games that has been exclusive for several years. Probably don't sell that much on PS anymore so why not release them on steam and get a few extra mills in the bank.

The people who play on PS most likely have no interest or can't afford a gaming PC. It just seems like a great business move to release old games on PC. MS are releasing brand new games day  one on both Xbox and Steam. That's what might devalue a console.

Why not release the games on Switch and Android while they're at it? They'd certainly make even more short term money doing that.

Ultimately, I'd say Sony is preparing for a future where they don't bother with hardware, so they probably don't care if the PS5 is devalued in any way.

38 minutes ago, MilanYildirim said:

Well, l love exclusivity. This is only reason why l sticked PlayStation so l don't like this news at all. I do hope someone will sue the shit out of Sony because of "false advertising" so many people have bought the console and games because we thought it was ONLY ON PLAYSTATION like how it was announced and now look at this?
This is such a dick move from Sony, l hope it will backfire and they'll end up lose their loyal customers. 

What’s even worse, is that Sony is downright giving pc users a better deal  than the ones they bought their hardware.

Uncharted 4  has a robust multiplayer section, which you need to pay Psplus to access, on pc? No extra fee.

Sony  is basically punishing people buying their own hardwares, that’s inconceivable and they’re just pushing their luck that videogame is a medium full of children who don’t care much about being scammed,  fortunately after finishing Uncharted 3 I’ll be done with anything Naughty Dog related.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

What’s even worse, is that Sony is downright giving pc users a better deal  than the ones they bought their hardware.

Uncharted 4  has a robust multiplayer section, which you need to pay Psplus to access, on pc? No extra fee.

Sony  is basically punishing people buying their own hardwares, that’s inconceivable and they’re just pushing their luck that videogame is a medium full of children who don’t care much about being scammed,  fortunately after finishing Uncharted 3 I’ll be done with anything Naughty Dog related.

There's no guarantee Uncharted 4 on PC will come with it's multiplayer mode.  It wouldn't be the first time an Uncharted port ditched it's multiplayer.

And it's coming at least 5 years after the fact.

This doesn't scream PC gamers getting a decisively better deal, but axes are made to grind I guess.

• Like 1

Just now, Dreakon13 said:

There's no guarantee Uncharted 4 on PC will come with it's multiplayer mode.  It wouldn't be the first time an Uncharted port ditched it's multiplayer.

And it's coming at least 5 years after the fact.

This doesn't scream PC gamers getting a decisively better deal, but axes are made to grind I guess.

Oh, so it’s just a matter of years?

Then why  plus is required for games released in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016?

Because Sony couldn’t care less about the age of a game, and neither do I, it’s a poor excuse, a game being old is no excuse to give a NON core audience  a better treatment than your core audience.

11 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Oh, so it’s just a matter of years?

Then why  plus is required for games released in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016?

Because Sony couldn’t care less about the age of a game, and neither do I, it’s a poor excuse, a game being old is no excuse to give a NON core audience  a better treatment than your core audience.

It's a matter of balancing value.  Both platforms have a disadvantage.

Playstation has PS+, which costs me $2.50 or less per month but is required for online play.  PC doesn't charge for online play, but you have to wait 5 years to play the game.  EDIT: If I had to pick the $2.50 sounds like the lesser of the two evils but that's just me.

It's extra amusing making PS+ the sticking point since the multiplayer is easily the least interesting part of the Uncharted games, and may not even be a part of the port.  And you never had to pay PS+ to play Uncharted's single player campaign... in fact I'm pretty sure PS+ users got the games complimentary for being signed up.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

It's a matter of balancing value.  Both platforms have a disadvantage.

Playstation has PS+, which costs me $2.50 or less per month but is required for online play.  PC doesn't charge for online play, but you have to wait 5 years to play the game.

It's extra amusing making PS+ the sticking point since the multiplayer is easily the least interesting part of the Uncharted games.  And you never had to pay PS+ to play Uncharted's single player campaign... in fact I'm pretty sure PS+ users got the games complimentary for being signed up.

1) There is no balancing in the equation.

First thing first, HZD isn’t 5 years old, this is just Uncharted 4, you’re basically  putting the example of Uncharted  as the global standard Sony will go through

2)It’s not 2.50 per month, America has the prices VERY cheap compared to other nations

3) Building onto that, you may pay 2.50 a month, but the standard is 9 dollars or in my case 9 euros (10 dollars and 18 cents) a month, you apply your reasoning that since you buy the annual plus discount, everyone does this, but ps plus works exactly like  a slot machine, they don’t announce their repertoire for the entire year at the start of said year, but they clumsy announce it at the  end of the month, with few days to spare, and no recompensation if you were foolish enough to already buy a game they offered, same regarding online, there’s a big difference for a casual to buy plus for a month for a itch they got a day, rather than buying the entire year package (not to mention, they’d need to be lucky too  to get a discount, or paying the full 60 euros, aka 68 American dollars, more than an American game brand new)

4)  Waiting also does not mean  anything if we’re talking about online, have you seen Destiny 2 and Grand Theft Auto 5 dying any time soon? Neither is the multiplayer for Uncharted 4, that reasoning is more effective for people suffering adhd  that need to play the new shiny at all cost, a game with multiplayer will renew itself, single player cannot do that, unless it gets something like an extensive deal of DLC/patches, but at that point, it ain’t that old

5) I mean, that’s your opinion regarding the multiplayer, I think Uncharted is trash altogether, but tons of people like it, and they like the online a lot too, since Naughty Dog thought it was feasible to charge them MTX  for even dumb things like taunts, you’re confusing subjective with objective.

2 hours ago, ShadeSplit said:

Why not release the games on Switch and Android while they're at it? They'd certainly make even more short term money doing that.

Ultimately, I'd say Sony is preparing for a future where they don't bother with hardware, so they probably don't care if the PS5 is devalued in any way.

At the end of the day we won’t know until many years from now. But the future probably is subsciption gaming. As much as I would despise a future like that I’m happy that more people get to play this game. In my book that’s  a big win for gamers. I would prefer that exclusives didn’t even exist but, they are what draws the crowds to a certain platform. 

Edited by Quink666

10 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

1) There is no balancing in the equation.

First thing first, HZD isn’t 5 years old, this is just Uncharted 4, you’re basically  putting the example of Uncharted  as the global standard Sony will go through

2)It’s not 2.50 per month, America has the prices VERY cheap compared to other nations

3) Building onto that, you may pay 2.50 a month, but the standard is 9 dollars or in my case 9 euros (10 dollars and 18 cents) a month, you apply your reasoning that since you buy the annual plus discount, everyone does this, but ps plus works exactly like  a slot machine, they don’t announce their repertoire for the entire year at the start of said year, but they clumsy announce it at the  end of the month, with few days to spare, and no recommendation if you were foolish enough to already buy a game they offered, same regarding online, there’s a big difference for a casual to buy plus for a month for a itch they got a day, rather than buying the entire year package (not to mention, they’d need to be lucky too  to get a discount, or paying the full 60 euros, aka 68 American dollars, more than an American game brand new)

4)  Waiting also does not mean  anything if we’re talking about online, have you seen Destiny 2 and Grand Theft Auto 5 dying any time soon? Neither is the multiplayer for Uncharted 4, that reasoning is more effective for people suffering adhd  that need to play the new shiny at all cost, a game with multiplayer will renew itself, single player cannot do that, unless it gets something like an extensive deal of DLC/patches, but at that point, it ain’t that old

5) I mean, that’s your opinion regarding the multiplayer, I think Uncharted is trash altogether, but tons of people like it, and they like the online a lot too, since Naughty Dog thought it was feasible to charge them MTX  for even dumb things like taunts, you’re confusing subjective with objective.

1. Yes, we're talking about Uncharted.  Horizon and Days Gone didn't have multiplayer modes and aren't the topic of discussion at the moment.

2/3. Can't speak for your country, but just saying PS+ can be had cheaper.

4. Waiting is the price of playing on PC.  I don't think you can claim people are just impatient if they don't want to wait 5 years needlessly to play a game.  If you'll happily wait 5 years to save even $10, I don't think you're the demographic Sony is worried about.

5. I'm not confusing subjective or objective because I never used either word.  Uncharted is a primarily single player experience, that's how the industry views it.  Uncharted 1 didn't have multiplayer.  The Nathan Drake Collection actually removed the multiplayer modes.  There's a chance the PC port may too in that basis.  I'm not saying people don't like it, or that it isn't what some people like most about it... but it's not a stretch in any way to claim most people play Uncharted for the campaign.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

1. Yes, we're talking about Uncharted.  Horizon and Days Gone didn't have multiplayer modes and aren't the topic of discussion at the moment.

2/3. Can't speak for your country, but just saying PS+ can be had cheaper.

4. Waiting is the price of playing on PC.  I don't think you can claim people are impatient if they don't want to wait 5 years needlessly to play a game.

5. I'm not confusing subjective or objective because I never used either word.  Uncharted is a primarily single player experience, that's how the industry views it.  Uncharted 1 didn't have multiplayer.  The Nathan Drake Collection actually removed the multiplayer modes.  There's a chance the PC port may too in that basis.  I'm not saying people don't like it, or that it isn't what some people like most about it... but it's not a stretch in any way to claim most people play Uncharted for the campaign.

1) HZD and DG are (were) exclusives, that they don’t have online is just a dishonest way out you fabricated  in order to push the narrative of 5 years, nowhere Sony stated it has more reverence for games having online than those that don’t, it’s not like DG having online would have magically pushed the port years from now.

2 and 3) So a Sony customer has to go through convoluted searches because Sony  thought they could scam them unlike the Steam user? And even then, they get a worse deal than a PC user? Yeah, I know you can have the plus discount, my profile being proof enough, that is not the question or problem.

4) People are still buying a 8 year old game for the online, so, again, your point is moot, and it could even be less than 2 years following what they already did with Days Gone (which funnily enough, the devs wanted multiplayer there at all cost)

5) It is a stretch, the entire package  is offline and online,  most people may be interested in the campaign, but that does not mean they’re not interested in the multiplayer, that’s just a supposition you’re hazarding to push your theory. The remasters were done by Bluepoint and they skipped online because U4 already had one in elaboration, giving them online too would only de-centralise the population, they have nothing else at the moment, so if they skip online, it would only be out of laziness. One I would welcome for once, but that’s wishful thinking.

25 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

1) HZD and DG are (were) exclusives, that they don’t have online is just a dishonest way out you fabricated  in order to push the narrative of 5 years, nowhere Sony stated it has more reverence for games having online than those that don’t, it’s not like DG having online would have magically pushed the port years from now.

2 and 3) So a Sony customer has to go through convoluted searches because Sony  thought they could scam them unlike the Steam user? And even then, they get a worse deal than a PC user? Yeah, I know you can have the plus discount, my profile being proof enough, that is not the question or problem.

4) People are still buying a 8 year old game for the online, so, again, your point is moot, and it could even be less than 2 years following what they already did with Days Gone (which funnily enough, the devs wanted multiplayer there at all cost)

5) It is a stretch, the entire package  is offline and online,  most people may be interested in the campaign, but that does not mean they’re not interested in the multiplayer, that’s just a supposition you’re hazarding to push your theory. The remasters were done by Bluepoint and they skipped online because U4 already had one in elaboration, giving them online too would only de-centralise the population, they have nothing else at the moment, so if they skip online, it would only be out of laziness. One I would welcome for once, but that’s wishful thinking.

1. 5 years isn't a narrative, it's literally 5 years for Uncharted.  That's the topic of discussion.

2/3. I can't/won't really argue the merit of charging for online.  Microsoft did it with Xbox Live with the 360, Sony followed suit because the market was willing to pay for it.  Is it a scam?  I get my moneys worth, and it comes with other stuff, so I don't think so.

4. You're missing the point.  I'm not saying anything about 5 years in regards to online communities, or that no one will buy a game after 5 years.  Simply that most people don't want to wait 5 years to play any game.  That's a disadvantage of the PC in this case, having to wait 5 years to play a game a different platform can play today is a negative.  Wanting a game within 5 years of its release isn't "shiny new toy" syndrome or impatience, that's just silly.

5. Agree to disagree. Most people play for the single player, and we don't know how the Uncharted PC port will look in regards to multiplayer.  We don't even know if its Naughty Dog porting it.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

Couldn't care less whether muh exclusives go to PC or not, really. I'm in no position to get a PC so I'm happy to play games on console. I just hope they don't decide to lean into GaaS too much- it's what Microsoft does and, well, there's a reason why PlayStation reigned supreme last gen and Xbox did not

Exclusior

I don't have a problem with it especially when these are exclusives that are years old, I'm never going to buy a PC powerful enough to run games well anyway so will always stick to playstation when it comes to console exclusivity.

• Like 1

No problem with this. Sony is smart enough to let a couple years pass before doing a PC release for one of their games. Enough PlayStation owners want the game at launch to keep this from hurting Sony. Not everyone who plays games is into consoles, and this gives Sony a shot at selling to some of them.

Sony really should keep their games offline only for single player. I'm not too thrilled with the news of Days Gone having data collection. The developers say it's to prevent cheating and hacks... in a single player only game with no online play? Give me a break. You can block it easily with a firewall, but they shouldn't be doing that.

I can't wait for Sony to look like an ass again when they either give Uncharted 4 multiplayer for free to PC gamers which will spit in the face of PlayStation consumers who have to pay for PS+ to play online or they won't which will upset PC gamers, either way it's their loss, which is why Sony 1st party games being off PlayStation is a mistake

wanna hear a joke? 25 years of brand marketing destroyed in one day

x1080

Edited by LockheedPrime
  • Like 2

i really do not care if exclusives to pc. like i don't have the room for stuff like a desk for a PC or the willingness to solely go digital so this isn't a kick in the balls to me.

what i'm more worried about on this is the GAAS being mentioned like i really don't want them pushing it into other games they have as its very much i feel against what the games they are known for mostly are about. like when i think Sony i think narrative single player experience. not say Ubisoft and AC where the worlds so big it kind of exists to keep you playing and hopefully wear you down enough to spend some dosh in the cash shop on booster or a new looking set and stuff.

On 27/05/2021 at 6:44 PM, Dreakon13 said:

1. 5 years isn't a narrative, it's literally 5 years for Uncharted.  That's the topic of discussion.

2/3. I can't/won't really argue the merit of charging for online.  Microsoft did it with Xbox Live with the 360, Sony followed suit because the market was willing to pay for it.  Is it a scam?  I get my moneys worth, and it comes with other stuff, so I don't think so.

4. You're missing the point.  I'm not saying anything about 5 years in regards to online communities, or that no one will buy a game after 5 years.  Simply that most people don't want to wait 5 years to play any game.  That's a disadvantage of the PC in this case, having to wait 5 years to play a game a different platform can play today is a negative.  Wanting a game within 5 years of its release isn't "shiny new toy" syndrome or impatience, that's just silly.

5. Agree to disagree. Most people play for the single player, and we don't know how the Uncharted PC port will look in regards to multiplayer.  We don't even know if its Naughty Dog porting it.

1) It is, you’re saying it took Uncharted 4 5 years, but that means nothing, as  newer games got also the same treatment, that’s just Sony deciding  NOW, this, rather than in the past

2 and 3)The fuck does that mean you’re getting your money’s worth? For what you’re getting your “money’s worth”? For entering online, which was free  on ps3 and free on pc? No, you’re not getting your money’s worth, you’re okay being treated worse by Sony  than pc users, and for some very weird reason might I add, and enthusiasm with all these multiple messages   you’re pretending that others follow your lead, what the hell are you, some jobless hack  that hopes a Sony executive will notice here? Bwahaha. 

4) Here’s the thing

If you pre-order all your game, that  does  not mean everyone, or a large portion does the same, preorder culture has even took a hit, not to mention, if you’re so keen on buying productS as in plural made by Sony day one, and not even the complete edition  that comes later, ported  on PC like in the case of HZD,  might as well  buy a playstation 4 or 5 already, but if you don’t then that already tells you you’re not confident on buying the thing day one.

Have a look at GTA 5, 8 years old, and still in the top selling chart monthly to this day, you want me to think 90% are from Day one?

Waiting is also not a trade off, as I said, while you comedically  tried to  avoid the point, actually let me  put it CLEARLY so we can get this shit over with.

You: waiting 5 years is a good trade off

Me: there is no evidence that waiting  5 years will be the rule, DG got ported less than 2 years

You: but DG does not have online

Me: no, but Sony never said anything about online games having more reverence, it just so happen that RIGHT NOW,  Sony is gradually releasing their games on pc, one of them, Uncharted 4,  creates the uncomfortable situation where  people that want to play Uncharted 4, on the Sony console,  are punished in doing so by Sony themselves, by paying a fee, something that does not happen on PC, not to mention, Somy itself does not care that  a game is old, you’ll still have to pay if you want to play Uncharted 4 or Killzone Shadowfall online.

you: well I get my money’s worth icsdee

Me: really tempted with that block button right now

5) There is no grey area in this, if people didn’t give a shit about online, the (easy) online trophies would be much much rarer, considering how not everyone has plus, good lord, you’re on a trophy hunting website,  with data, both of PSNP and Sony at hand, and you try sophism and hearsay of all things.

Caring about story, does not mean you don’t care about online functions.

As for who ports it, eh, we’ll see, but again, I gave you the reasons Bluepoint didn’t, and this time, there’s no such situation, so if the online is indeed scrapped (which also means reworking the achievements, oh the pain for the porters), it’ll only be because of laziness, and if they go ahead after shitting on their primary customers, they have all the reason to not do an half-assed work on PC.

10 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Me: really tempted with that block button right now

Please do.

I'm not exactly thrilled with getting notified like a week later with that monstrous wall of disorganized thoughts and repeating myself over and over again because you aren't getting it.  Was over this conversation about 5 minutes after your first reply to me.

Edited by Dreakon13

20 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

Please do.

I'm not exactly thrilled with getting notified like a week later with that monstrous wall of disorganized thoughts and repeating myself over and over again because you aren't getting it.

Then you should really stop quoting me,  because, as it stands, I made a post, without quoting anyone that agrees on the port,  about the implications  of porting  Uncharted 4 on PC, and you quoted me, which brings me a notification with your bullshit, without backing down, while at the same time  not even reading the answer.

What do you want me to say? That I should have more time for imbeciles on the Internet? What you’re lamenting right now, would have never happened  if you weren’t overestimating your mental capabilities.

• Like 1

Just now, scemopagliaccioh said:

Then you should really stop quoting me,  because, as it stands, I made a post, without quoting anyone  about the implications  of porting  Uncharted 4 on PC, and you quoted me, which brings me a notification with your bullshit, without backing down, while at the same time  not even reading the answer.

What do you want me to say? That I should have more time for imbeciles on the Internet? What you’re lamenting right now, would have never happened  if you weren’t overestimating your mental capabilities.

Paper tigers, guess I'll just have to do the blocking.  I feel like I won't be missing much anyways.

23 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

Paper tigers, guess I'll just have to do the blocking.  I feel like I won't be missing much anyways.

Stop using words you don’t even know what they mean, paper tiger is used for people trying to threaten others and not being able to back that up, the fuck should I do on the internet? Hire some  killers because of some posts, only to back down scared at the last moment. ?

Jesus fucking Christ, yeah, go ahead with the blocking,  I’m on the phone so you’ll probably be faster, hopefully that’s the last time I see your idiotic replies.

Also “over 5 minutes after my first reply”, yet you made so many posts after, what a squalid  and false person, go find others to have your dick measuring contests.

• Like 2