RNG Collectibles

JEDLander

Just here to wish everybody a good day. Everybody apart from the clown at housemarque who thought that it wouldn't be utterly tedious running through one entire biome, to get to another one with OP enemies, to then clear out that entire biome and find 0 collectibles and have to start the entire thing again.

That guy can get fucked. 30-45 minutes completely wasted every time.

Seriously could they not just guarantee you one collectible every biome? I don't expect to find all 20 glyphs in one run, but this is just dismal. I need three glyphs in biomes 3 and 6 and the game is done. I'm just getting nowhere with it

• Like 2

just speed run the biomes lol, no reason to clear everything. Only do that when there is a lockdown. Also in biome 3 and in biome 6 watch a video on wich level your remaining symbols are. I needed both rare rooms on biome 2 inside the lower mountain, as soon as you know that u can speedrun the level check the rooms and respawn instead of clearing the entire map.

the collectibels are not the problem, in my opinion make a Log missable is a real struggel.

I never saw that room with Log 35 because i paused the game after the 3 boss and after the restart the "New Cycle" beginns without that One room which spawns only once.

I read somewhere the room spwans after Act 3, this is my one and only hope at the moment, otherwise i won't finish the game.

8 hours ago, IGUnique said:

just speed run the biomes lol, no reason to clear everything. 

Well not exactly, if you're trying to get biome 6 collectibles, and just speedrun through 4 and go straight to 6 without doing any prep-work, then you just get slaughtered in 6.

Just got the platinum, RNG Jesus was looking after me this evening. 

My tips are just to run through each biome without killing anything and pick up health if it's not out of the way. 

Scout log #9 took me an hour, just kept restarting after the first blue door. If no luck within 20 mins then restart console. Got it straight away on the third restart. 

Biome 2 was the hardest for glyphs and I think it has the most possibilities for rooms? 

Biome 4 I missed a stupid glyph at the end of the stage with the room (grapple to the top) that takes you to biomes and 5 and 6. This is where YouTube guides help! 

I had 2 missing glyphs in Biome 6 and for whatever reason they both appeared on my 2nd run, pure RNG luck. 

The rarest room (aside from scout log #9) in the game I think is the small one with fabricators in Biome 2 with the glyph. Took about 3 hours to find it. 

Only other tips I have is to use some of the YouTube videos for layouts of rooms with glyphs, this guy has all biomes with videos:

I wasnt very good at this game and it took me 40 hours to beat the game plus Act 3, so maybe this helped collecting whereas I've seen others have managed to do this in 15-20 hours so probably won't have explored as much. 

Total playtime for me was 59 hours. 

Great game and my GOTY so far, though I think the collectibles do take a shine off it though. 

Think this is definitely one of those game where getting 80% of a collectible let's say should be enough for the trophy 

Edited by jackm57
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, IGUnique said:

just speed run the biomes lol, no reason to clear everything. Only do that when there is a lockdown. Also in biome 3 and in biome 6 watch a video on wich level your remaining symbols are. I needed both rare rooms on biome 2 inside the lower mountain, as soon as you know that u can speedrun the level check the rooms and respawn instead of clearing the entire map.

Yeah, the video was actually pretty helpful. Got the platinum but damn was it annoying. Just felt like an unnecessary grind to end a pretty good game.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MrBeens said:

Well not exactly, if you're trying to get biome 6 collectibles, and just speedrun through 4 and go straight to 6 without doing any prep-work, then you just get slaughtered in 6.

No you will be fine, just make sure u have the assault rifle so you can shoot the mine octo things. The rest of the monsters u can run by and with the kalibrator you pick when entering biome 6 u will get lvl 24 weapon anyway so just focus on dodging ignore the enemies en run. 

12 hours ago, Anke said:

As someone who took 109 hours (129 total) purely in speed running biomes over and over for the collectibles I feel your pain.

I was calling that developer a lot of names towards the end 1f600.png

I feel really bad for you as it only took met 42 hours total :(