New player with some questions

Hvalpen

I had a physical PS4 copy with 30days free subscription laying around. So i upgraded to the free ps5 version, made my character etc. Now here are my questions

1) I noticed when i created a character, there wasnt really a class selection. Well...it kinda said "class" at one point, but it was referring to what house i wanted to align myself with. I just picked archer, but am i locked to archer now? I wanted to be a healing class, but didnt see any. Is the real class choice made once i get in game? Or did i somehow screw up already?

2) Are Heavensward and Stormblood free DLC? I dont see an option to buy them. Only Shadowbringer shows up as a DLC. Im asking cause there is a sale on the complete edition on PSN store right now, but if Heavensward and Stormblood is free and already installed, then im better off simply getting Shadowbringer as a stand alone

3) How hard is it to be a healer in this game? Compared to say, WoW?.

4) Anything to be aware of, that might trick up new players?

1) No you can level any class, you just need to unlock it at their respective guild. Archer will be the class you start as, but you can switch very early on once, you can speak to other guilds.

2) Heavensward is free and included in the base game. Stormblood is included when you purchase Shadowbringers. However, the best option is to buy Endwalkers, because it will give you access to Stormblood and Shadowbringers when it launches. TLDR: The latest expansion includes all of the previous ones.

3) Healing is pretty easy. You have a lot of oGCD heals to work with. If no one is taking extra damage, and tanks mitigate properly, you'll pretty much be able to rely on those and keep attacking the boss.

4) Not really in terms of difficulty, but I advise keeping an open mind about the combat. It is very slow when you start out. The jobs don't really feel complete until around Stormblood, and while that may sound like a long time, remember that the game is balanced for the max level (currently 80). Don't let it drive you away.

5 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

1) No you can level any class, you just need to unlock it at their respective guild. Archer will be the class you start as, but you can switch very early on once, you can speak to other guilds.

2) Heavensward is free and included in the base game. Stormblood is included when you purchase Shadowbringers. However, the best option is to buy Endwalkers, because it will give you access to Stormblood and Shadowbringers when it launches. TLDR: The latest expansion includes all of the previous ones.

3) Healing is pretty easy. You have a lot of oGCD heals to work with. If no one is taking extra damage, and tanks mitigate properly, you'll pretty much be able to rely on those and keep attacking the boss.

4) Not really in terms of difficulty, but I advise keeping an open mind about the combat. It is very slow when you start out. The jobs don't really feel complete until around Stormblood, and while that may sound like a long time, remember that the game is balanced for the max level (currently 80). Don't let it drive you away.

Good to hear i can switch. Am i blind, or was there no healing class in the select menu? Also, are some houses better suited for healing than others?

Regarding DLC. Do we know if they intent to bring more trophies for Endbringer?

Thanks again!

16 minutes ago, Hvalpen said:

Good to hear i can switch. Am i blind, or was there no healing class in the select menu? Also, are some houses better suited for healing than others?

Regarding DLC. Do we know if they intent to bring more trophies for Endbringer?

Thanks again!

There is only one healing class available at the start, Conjurer (turns into White Mage at 30). At level 30, the Arcanist class allows you to become a Scholar (healer). At level 50, you can become an Astrologen in Heavensward. A new healer, Sage is being added for Endwalkers.

I think new trophies are guaranteed, they just added a DLC trophy for the latest patch, so I have no doubt there will be new trophies for Endwalkers.

2 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

There is only one healing class available at the start, Conjurer (turns into White Mage at 30). At level 30, the Arcanist class allows you to become a Scholar (healer). At level 50, you can become an Astrologen in Heavensward. A new healer, Sage is being added for Endwalkers.

I think new trophies are guaranteed, they just added a DLC trophy for the latest patch, so I have no doubt there will be new trophies for Endwalkers.

Thanks for the answers.

I saw endwalker ain't out until November, and you won't get the other included dlc until then either. So i guess it's shadowbringer for now

You can switch to new classes when you get to Level 10 and complete the Level 10 class quest. Then you can go to other guilds and get their classes. For example, I started as Lancer but after completing the Level 10 Lancer quest, my guildmaster let me go to other classes, so I picked up Arcanist in Limsa later and now I run a Level 18 Arcanist alongside my Level 31 Lancer. This is the only way you can pick up Gathering and Crafting Classes as you can't start with them.