Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown Trophy thoughts

1 minute ago, kevao97 said:

Another UR title for those who have turbo control and like to kill the console in games like Divekick.

Fighting game developers have a bizarre fetish for trophies like "play X games" almost every major fighting game has trophies for playing a huge amount of games...

Nah. Developers do it because they don't want online to be dead. Of course not realising that 95% of people don't care about trophies. Like someone posted earlier, this is just going to make online for a while full of people who are just standing there doing the same kick or punch over and over again because they are on turbo controllers.

• Like 1

Boring, lazy, tedious. I was thinking about picking up this game when it hits PS Plus next month but now I see how tedious and boring it will be and the fact there doesn't appear to be much in the way of offline content, I'm passing on it and sticking with my backlog again. EDIT: The PS3 version had a more interesting list and that was released nearly 10 years ago! I can see the player population dying off pretty quickly once this game leave PS Plus but we shall have to wait and see. I hate to think how much they will charge for this once it leaves PS Plus.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Here it is guys, get your Turbo controllers a-ready! 1200 matches says you might just need them!

600 Ranked matches will actually require online. The influx of PS+ subscribers might keep the online going for a while, but we'll have to see.

• Like 1

You would think Sega would give this game a Platinum for the amount of work that's involved. The 1200 match trophy doesn't say anything about online matches, so I imagine someone could put tape over the X button (or whichever button continue/search is assigned) and do it that way.

Unless it involves something else, then well, that's going to be harder.

1 minute ago, agorazUHD said:

Here it is guys, get your Turbo controllers a-ready! 1200 matches says you might just need them!

600 Ranked matches will actually require online. The influx of PS+ subscribers might keep the online going for a while, but we'll have to see.

If you have two PS4s and you download the game to both, login on a different account with the 2nd PS4 and search at the same time, I imagine that would be possible once the player population dies off.

5 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

If you have two PS4s and you download the game to both, login on a different account with the 2nd PS4 and search at the same time, I imagine that would be possible once the player population dies off.

Oh yeah for sure, it's pretty much how I do it with PS3 games now. I was kind of joking around with the post, knowing what the trophy list was already from another site.

Truthfully, I would have preferred VF 6 with a Platinum but oh well.

• Like 1

It's still an absolutely absurd and dangerous trophy list ... what is the meaning of 1200 fights? They want players to go crazy, LOL ...

Sony should pay a little attention to the consistency of the trophies of their games offered in PS +!

They could easily be taxed with fostering and fueling the so-called video game addiction ....

Was really thinking about trying the game when it was announced but will never play 1200 matches, online especially, or do most of the rest. Guess I’m going to pass on the game. I usually could careless having a low percentage on a game but when you put 50%ish of the trophies as grind then it really is “please... I beg you to play our outdated game (noticed this after watching trailer lol)”

The begging feeling isn’t helping...

Edited by Dangisuckatgamin

1 hour ago, agorazUHD said:

85% chance that "room" matches will also required online (simply counted as non-ranked online matches) since normally such once are called "versus" matches.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1