Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown Trophy thoughts

7 minutes ago, Smashero said:

85% chance that "room" matches will also required online (simply counted as non-ranked online matches) since normally such once are called "versus" matches.

Room matches typically in fighting games are online as you can create private rooms/lobbies online. Versus matches are completely different as it’s offline and is played locally

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ShahinMiah said:

Room matches typically in fighting games are online as you can create private rooms/lobbies online. Versus matches are completely different as it’s offline and is played locally

That's exactly what I meant, but I understood that @agorazUHD counted only ranked matches as the ones which require online (600 out of 1200 for another trophy).

1 hour ago, ShotgunSquirrel said:

No Platinum!? 1200 ranked matches!? ?

*Throws headset*

No, 600 ranked matches, 1200 in total. As trophy states: Play 1200 matches, period.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 2

Horrifically bad list. Whoever got assigned putting it together hates trophies you can tell that much as these sort of lists tend to come from those people who don't want to have a list but Sony mandated it so they throw up a finger with a list like this. I suppose we can count ourselves fortunate that they didn't put in a trophy for 300 online ranked matches with every character and restrained themselves to only 2.

The game is free and I turbo controllered (via fight stick) 1000 matches on DOA5 and however many required in... UMVC3 was it? back in the day. However that fight stick had issues with the PS4 so I doubt it'd work on the PS5, so if I was to turbo this I'd need new hardware. I also legitimately played UMVC3 for reasons beyond trophies while DOA5 had single player content (was also free).

Of course, could always play this legitimately. Not having really played a Virtua Figher before (Yakuza games and the previous release don't count. They were easy just hit a button over and over) I'm wary. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, enaysoft said:

How is that easier than the PS3 list? I seem to recall you could do it in a few hours. Grinding has an element of difficulty, if it's a long grind. This makes Dead Or Alive 5's 1000 wins seem way worse but at least in that game you got a gold trophy and platinum to go with it.

Use the Sumo Wrester for all the trials, if his handslap move doesn't do them in use his leg sweep move. Everything can be cleared with ease and online is still active enough to get 10 matches easily solo.

Btw, the trophies are worded quite strangely. Does the text after the "Play X Room Matches etc. etc." imply that it needs to be with the character on the trophy icon? Probably a stupid question, bot those "quotes", or whatever they are, feel misleading.

56 minutes ago, J_Chmielinski said:

This looks like a 2006 Xbox 360 achievements list, lmao

I wish it was that! Because that had more variety and a 1,000 points with the completion badge (Platinum equivalent which would've made some players happy) . At least for the original Virtua Fighter 5 it did.

Looking back at my Xbox Gamertag it shows that I completed 18/32 achievements. They were pretty tough and you needed a lot luck for items. But I don't I think would've mind that this time around.

• Like 2

Also...

" Play 300 Ranked Matches each using two characters."

What does that mean? Does it mean we have to play 300 Ranked Matches with two different characters? Can't we just play with whichever character we like, and switch between them?

10 hours ago, VDZEMedia said:

This has to be a contender for the worst trophy list of the year.

Not just this year.

Is there a legitimate reason why any devs would choose not to include a Platinum trophy in their game, especially one that requires such intense grinding? Sure, the percentage of players that care about trophies is small but why not appease them when the rest of the players won't care either way. 

• Like 1