Vergil

Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown Trophy thoughts

210 posts in this topic

On 28/5/2021 at 0:40 AM, AihaLoveleaf said:

Get out those turbo controllers, boys.

A good one for PS4?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FlareZero said:

A good one for PS4?

The Horipad @Smashero linked is good. I can also vouch for the Fighting Commander controller that Hori makes. The one I linked works for PS3, PS4, and has a good layout for fighting and retro games. I get good use out of mine for sure.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a really bad list, not to mention 80% of the trophies are online only grind nonsense, put insult to injury there's no platinum trophy, thank god i'm not into plating or 100% every game I own so i'm good regardless, I never played this on the ps3 with its all versions and I heard it's a pretty fun game so i'm playing it for the fun.

Edited by yellowwindow7
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it were a few years ago, I accepted the challenge of grinding that game.  Now I don't have so much time and patience for that anymore.  

 

But I will rescue to play casually.😆

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is as bad as dead or alive 5's 1000 online matches, but at least it has a platinum

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dunno if I'll even play the game enough to get every trophy with Guilty Gear Strive coming out a week later. Guess that's one Virtua Fighter game I won't have at 100%

Edited by DigitalDevilSega
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

This is as bad as dead or alive 5's 1000 online matches, but at least it has a platinum

Dead or Alive 5 also has a very unfair trophy for beating 100 rounds of survival on one life bar on 4 separate difficulties. So the platinum is even more deserved on that game.

Edited by FreshFromThaDeli
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not going to bother going for the trophies in this. I'll just play Virtua Fighter 5 on the old PS3, I've seen some active players for it so I might as well play that soon before it's too late.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This trophy list is awful...

At least there's a way to see somewhere how many matches you have played? Or it's a blind crusade? 😓

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2021 at 1:27 PM, the_real_culture said:

 

I wish it was that! Because that had more variety and a 1,000 points with the completion badge (Platinum equivalent which would've made some players happy) . At least for the original Virtua Fighter 5 it did.

 

Looking back at my Xbox Gamertag it shows that I completed 18/32 achievements. They were pretty tough and you needed a lot luck for items. But I don't I think would've mind that this time around.

Ugh wouldn't that have been real nice if there was actually a plat for VF5 vanilla 😩😩😩

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know people gonna hate this, but I hope every fighting game goes the same way. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stryker_Lives said:

I know people gonna hate this, but I hope every fighting game goes the same way. 

I hope skill comes back to fighting game plats. Nearly every mainstream fighting game on PS4 has grindy trophies over skill based ones. I anticipate Guilty Gear -Strive- will be a cakewalk. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I hope skill comes back to fighting game plats. Nearly every mainstream fighting game on PS4 has grindy trophies over skill based ones. I anticipate Guilty Gear -Strive- will be a cakewalk. 

Yeah. ASW has gone soft for the ps4 era

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, meyerpark said:

i got VF5 Ultimate Showdown from early access. Thanks Sega

So you can answer to @ShinigamiSensei-'s question ;).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to know the Sega management team. Its almost coming out for ps plus tomorrow though, so tell him to wait 

Also the Sega manager has the same name as me. Was so great

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its 16.5GB , case anyone wanna know :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To anyone who has or is playing the game: Is it possible to track how many matches you've played in the game (both Room and Ranked), or do you need the god old pen and paper by your side to keep track?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

To anyone who has or is playing the game: Is it possible to track how many matches you've played in the game (both Room and Ranked), or do you need the god old pen and paper by your side to keep track?

I'm away from the game at the moment but there is a player stats page located in the ranked match and player match menu's.

 

Overall and ranked matches are tracked.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I'm away from the game at the moment but there is a player stats page located in the ranked match and player match menu's.

 

Overall and ranked matches are tracked.

Thanks!

Also, does the "Play 200 Room matches each with two characters" mean that we have to play 200 matches with two different characters (400 total)? Like, I play 200 Room matches with one character, and then when the trophy pops I switch to a different character and play 200 Room matches with that character? It's worded a little strangely.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Thanks!

Also, does the "Play 200 Room matches each with two characters" mean that we have to play 200 matches with two different characters (400 total)? Like, I play 200 Room matches with one character, and then when the trophy pops I switch to a different character and play 200 Room matches with that character? It's worded a little strangely.

That's how I see that. 

(Unless there is a tag option 😜) 

Edited by Smashero
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.