Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown Trophy thoughts

12 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Thanks!

Also, does the "Play 200 Room matches each with two characters" mean that we have to play 200 matches with two different characters (400 total)? Like, I play 200 Room matches with one character, and then when the trophy pops I switch to a different character and play 200 Room matches with that character? It's worded a little strangely.

It sounds like it's asking that. It really could have been worded better

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JonLackey said:

You can't play more than 2 matches in a row against somebody in ranked match. Thinking you can just go afk and let people beat you up ain't gonna work. 

Why not if you will use a turbo pad which after end of the match will automatically search for next battle, enter it and got beaten again?

And also, it is totally common for ranked matches that there is no infinity rematch option, since it would be for sure abused by people who actually care about the position in the ranking (and/or trophy hunters :D).

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dtb345 said:

This list is some ass, Very easy because you can afk matches by joining at letting them beat you, But this will take a while

I wonder how long the average ranked match would take (including load times and matching up and potential disconnects or opponents leaving).

About 10 minutes each probably? Maybe less right now with many people playing.

13 minutes ago, Beware_Of_Bob said:

I wonder how long the average ranked match would take (including load times and matching up and potential disconnects or opponents leaving).

About 10 minutes each probably? Maybe less right now with many people playing.

On the PS3 it was 1-3 minutes for each ranking match. 

I guess there's better load times now so it will be something like 1-2 minutes per match

4 minutes ago, meyerpark said:

How did Ikemenzi get 100% trophies of VF5 Ultimate Showdown in 7 minutes right after he did 100% VF5 Esports in a day? Was it something with a save exploit Ikemenzi did for 100% Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown in 7 minutes?

It probably autopopped because of being tied to the same profile. 

16 minutes ago, Egghead_Red said:

Does anyone know how the league matches trophy works? Do you have to undergo the whole league match or do warmups while waiting to start count?

Warm ups don't count. I found out the hard way after doing 50 of them ? The way I done it, is make a league match room with 3 players as the minimum to start the match.

Wait until all 3 players including you are in the lobby and let the league match start on it's own. Let the matches play until the result screen. Then just quit the lobby and make a new one as the league match doesn't restart on it's own. 

It's much more long winded than it needs to be.

• Like 2

Whoever gets to 1,200 matches should give us a rough time estimate. Was gonna check it out even if it was a non-platinum but the trophies are so gratuitous I'll pass. I understand developers sometimes choosing trophies with a "minimum games played" milestone but much like games such as Divekick and Videoball - when you make the requirements absurd you just turn off a far larger amount of people vs. the ones you keep invested to grind. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, realm722 said:

Whoever gets to 1,200 matches should give us a rough time estimate. Was gonna check it out even if it was a non-platinum but the trophies are so gratuitous I'll pass. I understand developers sometimes choosing trophies with a "minimum games played" milestone but much like games such as Divekick and Videoball - when you make the requirements absurd you just turn off a far larger amount of people vs. the ones you keep invested to grind. 

I'm about 300 games away with a mixture of ranked and room matches for their respective trophies. I'm going to end up doing more ranked matches than necessary because of switching my character about 30 matches late than I needed to for the ranked character trophy.

So it will not be the most time efficient method but will give a rough idea to those who want to know. 

I'm surprised so many people are saying it's a massive grind.  The trophy list is kind of boring (nothing tied to specific characters/moves), but matches are quick, so you'll hit 1200 in no time if you're enjoying the game.  I played for an hour tonight and got maybe 30 matches in, so ballpark that to 40 hours for the whole thing.  That doesn't seem terrible to me.

I'm still just button mashing and figuring out how the controls work too.  I figure it'll be well over 100 games before I feel like I know what I'm doing, and that's just with the one character I'm using now.  This is the type of game where you should play an hour or two at a time with a friend over a few months time.  If you try to grind out the whole thing in week, then sure, it won't be enjoyable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jts5009 said:

I'm surprised so many people are saying it's a massive grind.  The trophy list is kind of boring (nothing tied to specific characters/moves), but matches are quick, so you'll hit 1200 in no time if you're enjoying the game.  I played for an hour tonight and got maybe 30 matches in, so ballpark that to 40 hours for the whole thing.  That doesn't seem terrible to me.

I'm still just button mashing and figuring out how the controls work too.  I figure it'll be well over 100 games before I feel like I know what I'm doing, and that's just with the one character I'm using now.  This is the type of game where you should play an hour or two at a time with a friend over a few months time.  If you try to grind out the whole thing in week, then sure, it won't be enjoyable.

Exactly the way to approach it instead of AFKing and potentially affecting somebody else's enjoyment.

Yeah, this list sucks so why even bother if you're just going to be AFK for most of it. 

Edited by Killbomb

It's grindy as hell, but so far I'm enjoying it a lot! It's a very fun game. I still think 1200 matches is bullshit, why not... 500? 250 Room matches and 250 Ranked matches. And then give us some more fun trophies instead, like trophies for winning a match by Ring Out, winning a match with all characters, doing some special attacks or moves or whatever, beating characters on their own stages etc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I'm about 300 games away with a mixture of ranked and room matches for their respective trophies. I'm going to end up doing more ranked matches than necessary because of switching my character about 30 matches late than I needed to for the ranked character trophy.

So it will not be the most time efficient method but will give a rough idea to those who want to know. 

I did it last night, you can actually start a league match with only 2 people if you press triangle to bring up the menu

Also I see you have complete the "200 room matches each with two characters"

For clarity, is that:
100 each, 200 total
Or,
200 each, 400 total

I have a bad feeling I already know the answer...

• Like 1