Vergil

Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown Trophy thoughts

210 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This trophy list is insanely bad! The requirements of basically using 2 characters throughout is insane 

Edited by gforce-92

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

20210602-175748.jpg

For a frame of reference, it took 39 hours to 100%. I ended up doing the last 200 or so matches in ranked mode as you can just leave your turbo controller and go do something else. Would have shaved quite a few hours off had I instead just boosted the last 200 in Room Matches with a boosting partner but I didn't feel like babysitting the controller.

How many hate messages did you get along the way? Lol

Edited by Killbomb

OMG I'm REALLY glad I looked up the trophies before starting this. Thought it's the same, super-easy trophyset as on PS3... not going for that insane grind 4sure.

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

20210602-175748.jpg

For a frame of reference, it took 39 hours to 100%. I ended up doing the last 200 or so matches in ranked mode as you can just leave your turbo controller and go do something else. Would have shaved quite a few hours off had I instead just boosted the last 200 in Room Matches with a boosting partner but I didn't feel like babysitting the controller.

Congratz! I have a question, since you also semi-autopopped the Jpn stack: for the "room fight" related trophies:did you have to play the league/tournament room match for them all to pop or normal room match is enough to trigger them all? 

Edited by Smashero

I have just tried room match and seriously what did Sega think when they release the game with barebone online features like this. You cant even search for friend to play together, and the 10 seconds timer is annoying. I have nothing against this game and I even hoped that it would have a consistent player base with PS+ but now I can only see that people dropping it pretty quick.

Posted (edited)

"You're ten years too early" says to play 1200 games, but those have to be all online matches, right? Did anyone confirm yet if arcade/vs games count?

Edited by Yami_no_Seitaro

7 minutes ago, Yami_no_Seitaro said:

"You're ten years too early" says to play 1200 games, but those have to be all online matches, right? Did anyone confirm yet if arcade/vs games count?

There's a game counter in your stats page and playing arcade doesn't increase it.

12 hours ago, Killbomb said:

Ive gotten 0 so far from the ~250 matches I’ve played in Ranked. Given how predictable mashing x is on the turbo, most people enjoy the free victory, that they would rematch almost immediately, thus guaranteeing an extra match.

I will say, I just bodied a guy online a few minutes ago who thought I was turboing, but I came back and whooped his ass. So that one may result in some hate mail soon lol.

But, personally, I doubt anyone cares that you turbo, as even on Divekick when I grinded those 2000+ ranked matches legit and turbo, no one cared enough to message. I think most of the people who send those kinds of messages are either in more popular fighters or only send them when they lose.

Out of the ~250 matches, I have like a 3% win rate lol.

14 hours ago, gforce-92 said:

This trophy list is insanely bad! The requirements of basically using 2 characters throughout is insane 

it is forcing you to not just play "your main" and experiment. each fighter in VF is pretty unique.

So for the 200 room matches with two characters each, i am confused on the wording.

12 minutes ago, HeroFangGhetz said:

So for the 200 room matches with two characters each, i am confused on the wording.

2 x 200 = 400 room matches. 200 with char A and 200 with char B.

18 hours ago, Killbomb said:

None 😉

14 hours ago, Smashero said:

Congratz! I have a question, since you also semi-autopopped the Jpn stack: for the "room fight" related trophies:did you have to play the league/tournament room match for them all to pop or normal room match is enough to trigger them all? 

I thought I had to play at least 1 League match to trigger it on it's own but instead it popped all the Room Match trophies after that 1 League Match I had played. 

Has anyone else noticed that there's something on the Main Menu that's greyed out and says "Preparing"? Since a couple of the game's characters don't have a trophy with their portrait, is it safe to assume that DLC with trophies will arrive later? 

1 hour ago, Maahniac said:

Has anyone else noticed that there's something on the Main Menu that's greyed out and says "Preparing"? Since a couple of the game's characters don't have a trophy with their portrait, is it safe to assume that DLC with trophies will arrive later? 

Pretty sure that is for upcoming tournaments.

7 hours ago, Game_Knot said:

Pretty sure that is for upcoming tournaments.

Or DLCs... With(out) trophies :)

I initially was going to 100% this but after trying to get into a ranked match, it kind of took a while to actually find one so I’m glad I didn’t pop the trophy for playing a ranked match otherwise I’d have to dedicate myself to it.

Also, I do enjoy fighting games so not having a Platinum didn’t bother me however the combat in this game just sucks and you can’t really do combos. I see where it was heading but it just doesn’t play out as good as others like Tekken or Street Fighter or even Dead or Alive. It just felt too slow so that’s another reason for my pass

Tekken 6 will remain my only fighting game plat for now lol. 

anybody have a turbo controller they'd recommend that works on ps5?

55 minutes ago, groomyboy said:

Tekken 6 will remain my only fighting game plat for now lol. 

You can still plat:

T7

TTT2

TTTHD

3 hours ago, Smashero said:

You can still plat:

T7

TTT2

TTTHD

TTTHD I gave up on. I hate that stupid bowling trophy and I haven’t found any help with the guides to really help me get Survival.

TTT2 is my favorite Tekken though, I love Violet and Lars.

Posted (edited)

For the Play 300 Ranked Matches each using two characters.trophy I think it might have glitched on me... I've actually played 400 matches with two separate characters (so 800 total); unless it doesn't count rematches with opponents or I'm doing something wrong

Edited by whittle181

1 minute ago, whittle181 said:

For the Play 300 Ranked Matches each using two characters.trophy I think it might have glitched on me... I've actually played 400 matches with two separate characters (so 800 total); unless it doesn't count rematches with opponents or I'm doing something wrong

Have you checked your character records stats such as W/L in the Player Menu? 

4 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Have you checked your character records stats such as W/L in the Player Menu? 

That did the trick, for some reason I was 1 match shy of 300 with one character even though I was sure I'd made no miscalculations. Thank-you.

On 02/06/2021 at 0:28 PM, Smashero said:

Yes, there is. I do not have the game in front of me now, but after choosing the character, you can go into his data and everything is there.

There is also a list of chars you have played with amount of W/L number and ratio. If you will not find it, I can edit this post later and let you know after I check, unless someone will provide more accurate info.

Is there a way to check how many wins you have with each character per game mode?

34 minutes ago, Flipendo52 said:

Is there a way to check how many wins you have with each character per game mode?

For Room Matches, you will need to manually track it. But for Ranked, you can change your display settings to wins and losses or matches played to tally the Matches. During every match found or round start, the display will appear.

And you don't need wins, only plays.