Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown Trophy thoughts

1 minute ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

For Room Matches, you will need to manually track it. But for Ranked, you can change your display settings to wins and losses or matches played to tally the Matches. During every match found or round start, the display will appear.

And you don't need wins, only plays.

Meant plays, sorry. Would upvote but i ran out

• Like 2

Earlier today I was boosting almost finished with the room matches trophies. For some reason halfway through the boosting session I'd get stuck on the loading screen forever and had no choice but to exit out the game and create a new room. It happened maybe 3 or 4 times and now I can't choose the room matches option. It appears to be some kind of suspension due to exiting out mid match too many times. Has anyone else experienced this or have any idea how long the ban will last for?

Man this whole thread is hilarious to me, I gotta read the forums more. Alt accounts? Is that to preserve Trophy % on your main? In that case isn't your trophy % artificial anyway? Insanity lmao.

I'm a little annoyed at the inexplicable lack of a platinum too, but the weird thing to me is all the people in here that are seemingly just playing this game for the trophies. I'm playing it because I like VF. Kinda nice that the trophies will just come along as long as I keep playing. Is the large number of people in this thread playing the game just for the trophies a consequence of it being the free PS+ game? I enjoy a good trophy as much as anybody (obviously why I'm on this forum), but this shit seems to give some people brainworms.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Paul_Cesar said:

Earlier today I was boosting almost finished with the room matches trophies. For some reason halfway through the boosting session I'd get stuck on the loading screen forever and had no choice but to exit out the game and create a new room. It happened maybe 3 or 4 times and now I can't choose the room matches option. It appears to be some kind of suspension due to exiting out mid match too many times. Has anyone else experienced this or have any idea how long the ban will last for?

Happened to me ban is for 4 hours.

This update is clearly for eSports, devs just made up a lazy trophy list favouring grinding instead of skill, or other single player modes.

I played and 100%ed Divekick too like @Vergil said before, so 1200 matches don't bother me.

A trophy list based on achievements like clearing chapters of the good old Quest mode of VF4EVO would have been great.  

In my opinion, real problem is not the lack of platinum, the bad thing is that almost every beat'em up is looking for eSports, and without "online vs" mode I feel like I get always 1/4 of the game that could have been (well, excluding DLCs).

Ranking mode is nice to play, little by little I'll reach 1200 matches.
Also, VF is maybe the only beat'em up where you don't receive hate messages if you win/lose a match. Spammers are here too of course (I'm looking at you, Shun Di users) but I'm amazed everytime I see great combos from skilled players. VF is really for beat'em up lovers.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mangio_tanto said:

This update is clearly for eSports, devs just made up a lazy trophy list favouring grinding instead of skill, or other single player modes.

I played and 100%ed Divekick too like @Vergil said before, so 1200 matches don't bother me.

A trophy list based on achievements like clearing chapters of the good old Quest mode of VF4EVO would have been great.  

In my opinion, real problem is not the lack of platinum, the bad thing is that almost every beat'em up is looking for eSports, and without "online vs" mode I feel like I get always 1/4 of the game that could have been (well, excluding DLCs).

Ranking mode is nice to play, little by little I'll reach 1200 matches.
Also, VF is maybe the only beat'em up where you don't receive hate messages if you win/lose a match. Spammers are here too of course (I'm looking at you, Shun Di users) but I'm amazed everytime I see great combos from skilled players. VF is really for beat'em up lovers.

I afk'd the majority of my 1200 matches and didn't receive a single hate message, I feel like in any other game I would have had loads of them

Edited by Flipendo52

On 29/5/2021 at 10:25 PM, AihaLoveleaf said:

The Horipad @Smashero linked is good. I can also vouch for the Fighting Commander controller that Hori makes. The one I linked works for PS3, PS4, and has a good layout for fighting and retro games. I get good use out of mine for sure.

Thank you man, I think I will try the Fighting commander. ?

Edited by FlareZero
  • Like 1

Wow... I wish all fighting game trophy lists were like this. But with a Platinum.

It's like they don't want you to think about trophies at all while playing this game. They just want you to play other people and try to build up your skill level or just have fun. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2021 at 5:41 PM, Flipendo52 said:

I afk'd the majority of my 1200 matches and didn't receive a single hate message, I feel like in any other game I would have had loads of them

thats because most people were doing the same thing you were lol

i did same thing...no hate messages but a few friend requests lol..im so happy im done doing this

Edited by Paid-In-Full-
  • Like 1