Do you need to have PS Plus to play this game?

I downloaded it and after I start, it sends me to the PS Store to get a PS Plus subscription. When I cancel, the screen says press any key to continue and then it says an "error ocurred". Then it goes back to the PS Store to get the PS Plus subscription.

Is this a bug on my end? Can anybody else without PS Plus play this? Or is it required? I don't get why it would be. Every other free to play game lets you play online. That's the whole advantage of being free to play. If I have to pay PS Plus to play this game, then it's not really a free game. Is as "free" as those rental games that they offer each month on their subscription.

Maybe it was a mistake and they wil fix it? Have they said something about this?

Edited by GregHouse007

I do not have PS Plus and I can play it just fine. This shouldn't be happening since it is a F2P game.

Edit: Page says you need PS Plus to play it online. That's pretty shit, and baffling since it's a F2P game.

Edited by Winterglemm

Considering it says 'Online' right in the game title, I imagine PS+ is a requirement, just like every other online enabled game on PS4. Check the game's page from the store, it usually says so right on there when you buy.

EDIT: If it's indeed free-to-play, it should work. I would double check the page to make sure.

Double EDIT: -From the Canadian store:

PS Plus required for online play

In-game purchases optional

Online play required

Supports up to 64 online players with PS Plus

PS4 Pro enhanced

Remote Play supported

DUALSHOCK 4 vibration

There you go.

Edited by agorazUHD

26 minutes ago, Winterglemm said:

If one account on a console has PS+, are all of them able to play online even if they don't have subs?

Yeah, all can play if only one is subscribed. That's why people make fake accounts every 15 days to use the "free trial" and have online in pay to play games on their main account. I just can't be bothered, I don't care that much with so many free to play games with free online on the market.

I guess I will move on then...

2 hours ago, GregHouse007 said:

Yeah, all can play if only one is subscribed. That's why people make fake accounts every 15 days to use the "free trial" and have online in pay to play games on their main account. I just can't be bothered, I don't care that much with so many free to play games with free online on the market.

I guess I will move on then...

sheesh....i had no idea lol. that explains a lot. one of my roommates has ps+, so that must be why. thanks for the info. sorry to hear you can't play .

the more you know. isn't there a risk of sony catching on to people making fake accounts, ip-wise?

21 minutes ago, Winterglemm said:

sheesh....i had no idea lol. that explains a lot. one of my roommates has ps+, so that must be why. thanks for the info. sorry to hear you can't play .

the more you know. isn't there a risk of sony catching on to people making fake accounts, ip-wise?

I don't think they really care. I know people that had been doing it since they bought a PS4 in 2013. Nothing has happened to them. 

• Like 2