New Sonic game coming in 2022 (May be called Sonic Rangers)

MidnightDragon

Getting conflicting feelings from this. Sonic's glowing like when he has a wisp in Colors, maybe it's a sequel to that (even more likely as the original is announced to be brought over?). But the more realistic forest landscape is telling me otherwise. Also, does that weird glyph thing at the end say '"ZAP''? 

Just don't screw this one up Sega I swear to

• Like 1

Seems like the title is called Sonic Rangers:

From the press release: “Announcing new console experiences, Sonic Colors: Ultimate and Sonic Rangers, further details on Netflix’s Sonic Prime, mobile news, musical events and much more!”

GameRevolution

• Like 1

The Sonic franchise has been shit for over 10 - 15 years. A lot of Sonic titles since 2005 - 2006, but none of them were really anything special or spectacular. Sonic Forces from what people have told me is pretty unremarkable.

Just release Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles with trophy support. I've been waiting for so long to see those two games get released on other systems. Unfortunately I believe there is a copyright/licensing issue regarding the King of Pop, Michael Jackson who according to many sources I read, composed the music for Sonic 3. Both games were released on the Xbox 360 just weeks prior to Michael Jackson's death. If it wasn't for Michael's involvement we probably would of gotten Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles released on the PS3/PS4.

Back to topic, I feel Sonic Team at this point in time is just tossing shit around to see what works. Sonic Rangers just sounds like a stupid name to call a Sonic game. Maybe they will surprise me, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

The Sonic franchise has been shit for over 10 - 15 years. A lot of Sonic titles since 2005 - 2006, but none of them were really anything special or spectacular. Sonic Forces from what people have told me is pretty unremarkable.

Just release Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles with trophy support. I've been waiting for so long to see those two games get released on other systems. Unfortunately I believe there is a copyright/licensing issue regarding the King of Pop, Michael Jackson who according to many sources I read, composed the music for Sonic 3. Both games were released on the Xbox 360 just weeks prior to Michael Jackson's death. If it wasn't for Michael's involvement we probably would of gotten Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles released on the PS3/PS4.

Back to topic, I feel Sonic Team at this point in time is just tossing shit around to see what works. Sonic Rangers just sounds like a stupid name to call a Sonic game. Maybe they will surprise me, but I'm not holding my breath.

They announced a rerelease of S3&K at this same presentation ;)

Just now, BGriff1986 said:

They announced a rerelease of S3&K at this same presentation ;)

My hopes have been lifted a little. Hopefully it will get a worthwhile trophy list instead of what Capcom Arcade Stadium, if you're aware of that at all.

• Like 1