Oh god, they added DLC trophies

ThatMuttGuy

Puhh I am a little bitt embarrased and disgusted by some comments here.

I platinumed the main game regularly without admin mode lately (exept for the pvp trophy as I dislike pvp and was playing on a pve server). I could have gone the cheesy way, but I dont want to as it makes for me no point to cheese through games (I tried it out and it was in no way as rewarding as obtaining a platinum regularly. But to each their own.). The thing was I discovered this game late because I was searching something to play coop with a friend and I always was envy about the people which were playing at release as it is different when the servers are actually full of people instead of near empty.

This game has quite a lot of DLCs yes, but most of them are just for cosmetics and are in no way neeeded to play the game or to obtain the trophies.

Isle of Siptah is the first DLC that contains new trophies because it contains a complete new map and a sequel story, which really justifies the new trophies. And it costs 20 bucks ONLY that is not much for the content they have released now. I really enjoy to get that feeling I missed for the main game now with the dlc and sure I will probably get all the trophies aswell from the DLC but boy this topic came over toxic.

Sure I do understand the collectors might be annoyed to have to pickup again a 3 year old game. But you still can obtain all trophies in a easy/cheesy way by just doing it in admin mode. I really do not get why some here make such a huge fuss about it. Nobody is making a fuss if a game like destiny gets new dlc trophies so why should it be different here.

This game is still played because it not only supports PVP, it has also PVE (which for example a lot of survival multiplayergames not have ... see rust for example) and it has a mixture of both PVE-Combat (which I have not seen in many games eithers). A lot of survival games are only single player but this one actually has both single and multiplayer so its a good package for everyone interested in survival games. But heck if you dislike survival games then just stay away from them.

Got my 100% back, 20€ for maybe 2 hours of play, and i hated every minute of it ?

Don't know if it was just my game, but it kept freezing for about 1-2 seconds every time i opened a menu, discover a location, etc... really annoying ?

17 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

You answered your own comment.

We collectors/trophy whores saw an easy 1h plat 3 years ago for FREE. 

3 years later we get screwed over with 20€. Not everyone has spare cash lying around.

I dunno but that is kinda sad to read from my perspective. No offense though but it sounds like you do not enjoy the games at all. I dunno I find my time too precious to just collect virtual insignia. I rather enjoy myself playing actually with occasionally platin some, but yeah I grew up with games having no achievements sooo yeah might be I dont really get the concept of whoring them.

But that issue with free ps+ games must be clear to you collectors too, you will never have a guarantee there will not be a to pay-dlc coming up with new trophies. That concept is basicly standard for any online game with multiplayer nowadays, so why being so surprised even? Dont you screw yourself if you get yourself hooked by the free offer? I mean if I would charge for only 100% I would skip all games with potential for DLCs even if they are free (so most multiplayer online games) especially if I do not have enough money to be able to pay a DLC (which usually is not a full price either) or have the patience to wait for a reduced price on said DLC. Dont get me wrong I kinda can relate in terms of money as I like to buy a lot of games and also have to decide if I am going to wait until they are reduced or maybe even come to ps+ for free, so I have to be patient there too, but I dont run to forums and complain about that. 

I purchased this game before it released, great game. Enjoyed every minute of it. But I love online pvp survival games like this. 

That being said, I doubt I’ll get the dlc. As with Ark, (and Rust soon) I moved on once I had the platinum. If you play these games legitimately they are a huge time sink. Having to play almost every day just to keep progressing and not lose everything due to wipes or raiding.

So while I really enjoy them while I’m playing, I prefer to move on after completion. 

Had the previous DLC packs contained trophies, I would have likely continued to play this. But starting fresh after so much time would be a pain, and paying for the DLC to just cheese the trophies would feel like a waste of money.

This would definitely be frustrating if you're trying to maintain a high % account, but if you got the game for free and have to pay 20 for the dlc I mean relatively that's not a terrible investment if you end up with the 100%. I know it's not so much about the money as it is about the time between release and dlc, but /shrug

I think this might be unpopular opinion but I kind of love it when devs add dlc trophies. I feel like games released these days it's too easy getting the plat, so they offset that with challenging DLC. I think it's a good balance to get more people collecting trophies, but also appeasing those who still like the challenge. 

I find completing a game 80 of 80 trophies more satisfying than a normal 45 trophy plat list. As for this game, I didn't really enjoy it so I'll wait until the DLC goes on sale and give it another chance