Glittermoth locations/farm?

Casciaro1997

Honestly I wouldn't worry about this as you will find that through natural exploration you'll discover these everywhere.

One thing to look out for in the open is they are grouped with Pippi's and Sqvips together so you will find all 3 usually at once. If you happen to see a stationary Pilgrim (character you can interact with), it's because they are hunting them and thats your indicator you are in the area where they are.

• Like 1

I found that Gill's shack at Burblebottom spawns them quite frequently. 

I was testing it this morning and it seemed as though if I waited for about 10 minutes and then fast-traveled back, there would be another Glittermoth. I got three in a row this way but then I had to leave for work so I couldn't test it more. I'll be trying again this afternoon while I finish up my trophy guide, and I'll report back if it works. 

I noticed they didn't seem to spawn when it was raining, though. Something to consider.

Update: Seems it was just a coincidence. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up! I haven't been able to replicate my luck at Burblebottom this afternoon.

Edited by TheDblTap
Clarification

• 4 weeks later...

Few things that I noticed-

- it looks like a moth and shining, check in photo mode

- It only spawns at glittermoth cave

- Its not same a firefly which shines similarly and spawns in same location 

- Most likely spawns at day time, same location night time I found firefly

- You dont need fats travel, simply save and load it again.

- I collected 40+ fireflies in other location , didnt count.

Hope this helps

Biomutant_20210626112819.jpg

Edit: I just found one in day time at hightopper (east most area near knupstones outpost, it was just beside old world storage.

Edited by RabbsA13

• 1 year later...

Is the Glittermoth will ONLY spawn when the specific side quest has been triggered? 

I've been talking to Mito (NPC) but he wouldn't give me the side quest. 

Have stayed in the glittermoth cave but the glowing moth is not spawning. I can see the group of moth but the glowing isn't with them.

Hope someone can shed a light on this. Thank you! 

14 minutes ago, MegaZeroXX said:

Is the Glittermoth will ONLY spawn when the specific side quest has been triggered? 

Have stayed in the glittermoth cave but the glowing moth is not spawning. I can see the group of moth but the glowing isn't with them.

I think you do need to do the quest first. It's a main quest not a side quest I think as you use the critters from each area during the boss fights.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MegaZeroXX said:

Yes and the quest is a main quest as @jimbob12345678 said, its story related.

I forget the names, but you can go straight to it after starting, its what i actually do in my 5 hours platinum speedrun vid as well as the Glittermoths are the worse rng trophy variable.

Do the quest for getting the water boat thingy, again sorry i forget the names, ive actually got a text guide in a thread here along with the vid which would explain in text how to unlock the glittermoths as soon as possible. I guess you chose not to use that though so just do that water boat quest, its from the southeast NPC that should appear on your map, then after that, follow the main quests eastward and u will eventually get some quests from a NPC to the east.

The forts dont need doing to access the glittermoths quest, you can avoid those for now.

Do the quests from the eastern NPC and u will eventually get the glittermoth quest from it.

A tip not mentioned elsewhere but when you do the glittermoth quest, doing the captures as for the quest, leave ONE remaining. Then save and reload and all 5 will respawn. These unfortunately can be done once, but does enable you to get 9 straight of the bat instead of 5!! This works also with the orange pips quest!!

• Like 2

After running through those caves a million times I read that you can always find at least 1 glittermoth by running around the oil pond thats right next to the train station place where you find chu-chu. End of the line i think is the name of the area. Thats where i found the last few I needed. It has to be during the day time Im pretty sure.

@jimbob12345678, @Optinooby

Thank you so much guys! Sorry for the late response, your inputs were really a big help. I thought the game glitch or I've encountered a bug as the moth was not spawning.

I finished the game and got the platinum trophy I must say the game turned out to be good. I enjoyed playing this game.

Edited by MegaZeroXX
proper formatting
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

To summarize (because I suffered from looking for glittermoths for an hour and finding none): You have to complete the story quest unlocking that critter before they begin to appear. To access the Glittermoth quest, you must first kill one of the earlier World-Eaters (Southwest or Southeast). After that you'll get a quest to go talk to Out-of-Date. He'll tell you to go to Noko, who gives you a few mount quests. After completing those, she'll tell you to go to Mito. He'll give the quest to find the glittermoths. Soon after, you can challenge the North-Eastern World-Eater. You HAVE to complete these main quests before glittermoths start appearing anywhere. And they only appear during the day, so rest at campfires to reset the time of day if you're trying to find them. The white fireflies are glittermoths, the yellow ones don't count for the trophy and appear at night.

It's similar to the earlier quest for the Gumducks. You can't access the cave with Gumducks until you take a quest from Gulp to go to the cave. So the moral of the story is: finish at least some of the Main Story quests in the region before trying to farm the critters.

EDIT: As @Optinooby says, you don't need to kill any World-Eaters to get the glittermoth quest. You can just run to the NPC Out-of-Date after picking up the water mount.

Edited by XxViPeRsXx

44 minutes ago, XxViPeRsXx said:

To access the Glittermoth quest, you must first kill one of the earlier World-Eaters (Southwest or Southeast).

You DON'T have to kill any world-eaters beforehand. Thats just if you WANT the quest to appear WITHOUT finding him yourself.

You can start the questline leading to the Glittermoth quest BEFORE any worldeaters, you just have to head over to the NPCs yourself and get the waterbike first whatever its called.

Guides should advise to go straight for the southeast questlines first to get glittermoths spawning asap, but I guess there isnt really much known about this game in terms of time saving. I mean the platinum can be done in 5 hours, but guide estimates give it over 30 hours!!!

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

You DON'T have to kill any world-eaters beforehand. Thats just if you WANT the quest to appear WITHOUT finding him yourself.

You can start the questline leading to the Glittermoth quest BEFORE any worldeaters, you just have to head over to the NPCs yourself and get the waterbike first whatever its called.

Guides should advise to go straight for the southeast questlines first to get glittermoths spawning asap, but I guess there isnt really much known about this game in terms of time saving. I mean the platinum can be done in 5 hours, but guide estimates give it over 30 hours!!!

Indeed followed the guide optinooby made its pure gold ;)

• Like 1

@Optinooby Interesting! I tried following your guide but I had already veered too far off course so I just took lots of the general tips from the first hour and played it my own way. Took me about 25 hours but I only looked at the guide around hour 15. Thanks for making such a good one!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...