Anti-climatic/Underwhelming Platinum pops

Doomed_Gary

Not necessarily a Platinum pop story but Super Stardust Ultra comes to mind. I remember I cleaned up Super Stardust HD two months prior on PS3, took me 6 hours to get the Late Boomer trophy. It was an intense session as it was luck based and also skill based.

When I got round to cleaning up SSU, I find out Late Boomer is nowhere to be found in namesake, is now a Gold trophy and has been considerably nerfed in difficulty. All of this amounted to a deflating Platinum pop in the run up to the remaining trophies. The VR DLC was really tough though, purely because of the nausea associated with the medium in general.

Edited by FreshFromThaDeli
Corrected a contradiction about Late Boomer trophy
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Not necessarily a Platinum pop story but Super Stardust Ultra comes to mind. I remember I cleaned up Super Stardust HD two months prior on PS3, took me 6 hours to get the Late Boomer trophy. It was an intense session as it was luck based and also skill based.

When I got round to cleaning up SSU, I find out Late Boomer is nowhere to be found in namesake, is now a Gold trophy and has been considerably nerfed in difficulty. All of this amounted to a deflating Platinum pop in the run up to the remaining trophies. The VR DLC was really tough though, purely because of the nausea associated with the medium in general.

Took me over 400 tries to get Late Boomer on Super Stardust HD according to the in-game tracker. I don't have a PS VR, and I have terrible motion sickness, so if I do get Ultra, it's going to be left with just the platinum.

• Like 1

I want to change my answer to Neptunia Re;birth 2.  Got all the endings.  Beat the super boss.  Only two trophies left.  The  grind for 100m  money.  And the Stella Dungeon.   Stella Dungeon is out of your control.  You give her gear and send her off and you wait.  There's a DLC so she doesn't lose equipment and speed things up.  But even that, the last two dungeons take 9 and 13 hours.  Just check your Vita to see if she lived and go on.  Real nice plat there.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2021 at 8:54 AM, TalalHmd said:

I’d say most of the platinums are anti climatic, because I always leave the worst parts for last (collectibles, online, rushing through the game on ng+, etc..)

I agree with this along with the fact that PS3 felt more climatic due to the slight delay platinum trophies had on that system. There were so many glitched trophies on that system, the delay was nerve-racking.

• Like 2

Any game that's such a pain in the ass to get through counts for me. Bonus points if it requires more than one playthrough, x2 multiplier if that's due to the game not explaining something or explaining it poorly. Rime and Hellblade were like this. Nice the first time through, but such a slow pain in the ass pixel hunt to complete. By the time it was over I was just glade to be done with it, I didn't even care about the platinum anymore.

Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise

After 2 gameplays and several hours of grind for minigames and talismans, the last trophy remained was drive backwards in the damn buggy for 10 km.

Needless to say, this final trophy was boring and demotivating, I didn't even look at the screen when platinum popped.

The game is one of my favorites, but this final trophy was a drag.

Edited by aranhaFEILONG
  • Like 1