Error 8002A537 PS3 (kicked off of PSN)

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

Same error here. East Coast USA at 8am EST.

EDIT: This is supposedly working for some people:

VceIG5q.jpg?1

I tried this out just now. When I was done restoring the default settings I created a new device password on PC and entered it on the PS3 to log in. It confirmed that the password was right but gave me the same old error message when I tried to access the store.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baka_Marimo said:

It confirmed that the password was right but gave me the same old error message when I tried to access the store.

Damn, I never even got an opportunity to try the PSN Store on PS3. Mine fails during the sign-in process. Guess we're all taking a bite of shit sandwich today.

Edited by Helyx

Servers should come back in 2 hours from now ... if they don't postpone again by then.

"Regarding the maintenance on May 28th (Friday), we have extended the end time to May 29th (Saturday) 3:00. We apologize for any inconvenience caused to our customers. Thank you for your patience."

Edited by ScepticW
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Dyna said:

I haven't been able to log on all morning, but just tried again and it was finally successful! Although my friend's list isn't loading. Not a great sign lol

Happy I saw this right before I went to sleep last night and decided it was probably a good idea to turn the PS3 back on for a minute to sync the rest of the trophies I got last night if I could. I was able to, but since people are still having this issue today, I won’t attempt to play anything else on PS3 until PSN is stable again. 

@MidnightDragon PS4 and PS5 seem to be fine. According to several people in this thread, PS Vita is having issues too though. 

@ScepticW They were originally supposed to be back up around...well, right now according to the post @SnowxSakura linked. I’m not holding my breath tbh. 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y

10 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

@ScepticW They were originally supposed to be back up around...well, right now according to the post @SnowxSakura linked. I’m not holding my breath tbh. 

The tweet I linked is a new one from 25 minutes ago but you never know, maybe they'll give a new time for the 3rd time by then lol

Edited by ScepticW
  • Like 1

This morning I earned some Trophies on PS3, but couldn't sync them because of this issue. If, after that, I earn and sync Trophies on another Platform (Likely not including the PS3 Trophies I had earned earlier), can there be timestamp issues, when I eventually sync the Trophies from the PS3?

6 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

This morning I earned some Trophies on PS3, but couldn't sync them because of this issue. If, after that, I earn and sync Trophies on another Platform (Likely not including the PS3 Trophies I had earned earlier), can there be timestamp issues, when I eventually sync the Trophies from the PS3?

No. AFAIK late syncs are okay in most cases (unless it’s like 6 months to a year after the fact-then people become suspicious). Plus, this is a known issue, so if someone reported you, I’m 99% sure it would be dismissed by CRT. 

The only way you might have issues is if you somehow managed to sync other PS3 trophies before syncing the ones you earned this morning. 

ETA: Also, the timestamps will show the accurate time you earned them regardless of when you sync them. (Unless you completely wipe the system and then import the saves from a USB that is).  

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

No, there will be no issues at all. There will be no discrepancy with your timestamps as the battery in your console is keeping your clock I sync with PSN until it connects again. 

• Like 1

I bet this is another intentional excuse to kill off the server on the ps3 ?

I mean if this is an issue on the PSN server then it would've effect the ps4 and ps5 in the process but nope! somehow it's only the ps3 and I believe the Vita unless it's something to do with the frame ware update of the ps3.