Popping trophies from 100% PS4 Save

Seeing others on here getting trophies for all challenges, city takeover and similar trophies, assuming they ported over their PS4 save too. Apart from some miscellaneous trophies that I can repop easily, can anyone who has repopped the trophies stated tell me how they managed to do so? Aside from the obvious start again on a new save, the timestamps from users' trophies seem to suggest there is a way to bypass this quickly without starting again. If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Only a small number of trophies auto-pop, the rest have to be either redone from scratch or partially redone on a new save by completing some of the requirements again. Also, the syncing process is reportedly buggy and doesn't always auto-pop the trophies that should do. Note that I don't have a PS5 so am just relaying what I've read elsewhere in this forum.

I popped my platinum through saves I had on the PS4 version. Thankfully, I had saves peppered throughout the game so I didn't really ever have to play much to get most trophies to pop. I initially did this because they were buggy for me last time around. I cannot thank my past self enough because most trophies will not pop automatically from a 100% save. 

I had saves for all but two of the collectibles, right before the big missions, with one hood to discover, with one more territory to take over, and with one challenge to complete. I was very very lucky to cut out the grindy ones. I should note that doing the last island will auto pop the trophies for taking over all of the individual islands as well. 

However, you'll still need to replay a decent portion of the game. DLC trophies do not auto pop at all. You'll also still need to replay the final mission and act one ender twice. 

There are some trophies that will pop once you've done one of them like taunting a gang member, upgrading a car, upgrading a weapon, killing an enemy with a fart jar and dildo bat, and doing a foot-first car jack.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

Any chance they'd fix this eventually? Some other games have the trophy port after the PS5 upgrade and only this one is that mess. MK11 have some trophies to be unlocked again but you don't have to start from the scratch, just playing on your import save.

Had a few auto pop which is a shame as I really love this game and wanted to play it from scratch and earn them all again for the fourth time after PS3 PS4 and Xbox maxes.

On the plus side the ones that have popped seem to be the grindier ones. A couple popped on my brand new start of the game and then a couple more when I did one of an action like kill a brute or fast hijack a vehicle and then when I tested what would happen when I loaded my last save from the PS4 version a couple more pinged in.

Still going to play it through from start to finish like they had not popped and the game looks amazing on the PS5

SR is one of my favourite franchises

10 hours ago, Evertonian said:

Had a few auto pop which is a shame as I really love this game and wanted to play it from scratch and earn them all again for the fourth time after PS3 PS4 and Xbox maxes.

On the plus side the ones that have popped seem to be the grindier ones. A couple popped on my brand new start of the game and then a couple more when I did one of an action like kill a brute or fast hijack a vehicle and then when I tested what would happen when I loaded my last save from the PS4 version a couple more pinged in.

Still going to play it through from start to finish like they had not popped and the game looks amazing on the PS5

SR is one of my favourite franchises

do you think that any kind of Autopopping work the other way Around?  Meaning completing 100% the game on ps5, then crossave and get some trophies on ps4? 

6 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

do you think that any kind of Autopopping work the other way Around?  Meaning completing 100% the game on ps5, then crossave and get some trophies on ps4? 

Nope, cross-save only works one way with PS5 games unless they're online only affairs like Destiny 2, Fortnite etc., though AC Valhalla is an exception to that rule.

• Like 1

As suggested I wrote to Koch media (Italy) and they answer very fast saying they had no idea about these trophy trouble porting the gamesave and will try to fix it. I can confirm I unlocked all the cumulative trophies doing just one action (like kill X enemies) but there's no way to unlcock all story progression and activities (doing just one didn't work that way). Also reaching level 50 trophy looks like impossible to get if you're already max. I didn't try DLC but they don't look all that trouble and I think I'd replay and complete pretty fast (at least the two I made).

Anybody know if the All 30 Challenges trophy is unlocked in any easy/quick way with a different save? I don't mind popping the rest gradually but I really don't want to do them.

4 hours ago, ChunkyKong64 said:

Anybody know if the All 30 Challenges trophy is unlocked in any easy/quick way with a different save? I don't mind popping the rest gradually but I really don't want to do them.

If I understand how it works maybe you can't because there's nothing left to complete to trigger it. I still hope they'd fix it somehow

19 hours ago, Dave_Cozmo said:

If I understand how it works maybe you can't because there's nothing left to complete to trigger it. I still hope they'd fix it somehow

Any idea if it's like the others trophies and it pops after doing just 1 of the challenges/requirements?

Unlike  a couple of the others this did not auto pop for me when I re did the first instance of it

Just got the trophy for the first challenge being done. So I reckon you have to do all 41 again

The only thing you could try if you don't want to play it through again is to try and load the save from your PS4 game that was right before you bagged your 41st challenge last time and it might pop when you do the last one

Personally I am enjoying having to do them all again though

Edited by Evertonian

I wish id have waited a bit. I only plated the ps4 version recently after plating the ps3 version a while back. I might come back to the ps5 version one day because i cant do another plat of this game right now. 

Brilliant game but the challenges are exsausting

On 4/6/2021 at 4:15 AM, ChunkyKong64 said:

Any idea if it's like the others trophies and it pops after doing just 1 of the challenges/requirements?

I can't tell for sure. I still have some challenges left and when I did one I get the trophy for the first one. I think that if you've done all you can't unlock anything playing with that very save

• 1 month later...

So, is there a save /export/import process for this to auto pop trophies (albeit not all of them by the sounds of it) & if so, is it worth using, or is it just as well to play through from scratch?

Do any of the trophies become buggy from auto pops, or do some just need doing entirely from scratch regardless?

I don't mind replaying the game in it's entirety tbh, I just wonder if there's any merit to auto popping (or if it can even be avoided) or if in fact it's more detrimental.

18 minutes ago, Forrest_01 said:

So, is there a save /export/import process for this to auto pop trophies (albeit not all of them by the sounds of it) & if so, is it worth using, or is it just as well to play through from scratch?

Do any of the trophies become buggy from auto pops, or do some just need doing entirely from scratch regardless?

I don't mind replaying the game in it's entirety tbh, I just wonder if there's any merit to auto popping (or if it can even be avoided) or if in fact it's more detrimental.

SR4 uses an auto-convert system so all you need is your PS4 save (though you may have to install the game as well) then the PS5 release will automatically detect and convert it on game boot up but not many trophies actually auto-pop so you will have to redo most of the game from scratch.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Seems all this save tweaking can fuck you out of trophies for good, too - I save scummed to get 18 of them unlocked, started a new game, got the Act 1 trophies to pop, but now the Act 2 trophies won't pop whatsoever. Realized it too late, I think, so might have to replay the game up to that point in hopes of unlocking them again. What a pain in the ass.

EDIT: Reloaded an older save, beat The Ho Party a different way and it unlocked. Not sure if that one is just buggy in general or what but that seemed to fix it. Keeping numerous saves pre-trophy completion seems to be a great idea.

Edited by Creasy007

From what I've gathered, the grind trophies (1000 kills, 50 taunts, etc) pop after doing one of the action on PS5 after transferring your save, but everything else has to be done 'legit'. My workaround is using strategic saves before completing missions with trophies tied to them, before finishing the last activity, etc and loading up the saves on PS5 to do the 'last thing' in that category which has worked great so far. Cuts out the second grind. 

Edited by InvisibleBanana

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/10/2021 at 5:23 PM, Creasy007 said:

Seems all this save tweaking can fuck you out of trophies for good, too - I save scummed to get 18 of them unlocked, started a new game, got the Act 1 trophies to pop, but now the Act 2 trophies won't pop whatsoever. Realized it too late, I think, so might have to replay the game up to that point in hopes of unlocking them again. What a pain in the ass.

EDIT: Reloaded an older save, beat The Ho Party a different way and it unlocked. Not sure if that one is just buggy in general or what but that seemed to fix it. Keeping numerous saves pre-trophy completion seems to be a great idea.

I haven't been here for a little bit (actually forgot I posted a question tbh!), but I know that on the PS4 version I had some issues with trophies unlocking - Turns out this came from the PS4 going into rest mode. If that happens, apparently it can cause some trophies to not unlock properly, as it seemingly wasn't accounted for in the upgrade from PS3 to PS4 (as PS3 didn't have it) & loses track of mission progress & in game progress counters. It isn't too much of a stretch to think the same issue might also exist on PS5.

Going back to an older save was the way to rectify it. You seem to have gotten through it already, but just a heads up if anyone else happens to see this & it is still a thing (it may have also been patched - I haven't looked into it since I finished the PS4 version & haven't started PS5 yet). 

4 hours ago, Forrest_01 said:

I haven't been here for a little bit (actually forgot I posted a question tbh!), but I know that on the PS4 version I had some issues with trophies unlocking - Turns out this came from the PS4 going into rest mode. If that happens, apparently it can cause some trophies to not unlock properly, as it seemingly wasn't accounted for in the upgrade from PS3 to PS4 (as PS3 didn't have it) & loses track of mission progress & in game progress counters. It isn't too much of a stretch to think the same issue might also exist on PS5.

Going back to an older save was the way to rectify it. You seem to have gotten through it already, but just a heads up if anyone else happens to see this & it is still a thing (it may have also been patched - I haven't looked into it since I finished the PS4 version & haven't started PS5 yet). 

Indeed but thanks for the reply! Might help others in the future. Either way, even with having to resort to prior saves and replay missions a few times, it was much easier doing this than having to re-complete most of those challenges and collectibles. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...